Walt Disney World Resort Pool Hopping
At Walt Disney World there are a number of resorts to choose from. This decision is often based on the quality of the resort’s pool. Each of the Walt Disney World Resorts has a unique pool layout. Some are very large, some have kid-friendly splash areas, and others are equipped with elaborate water slides. Pool hopping is Not permitted at Walt Disney World Resorts. However there are a few places that will allow for it.
Resort Pool Hopping Rules
- Guests staying at Disney’s All Star Sports Resort, Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort, or Disney’s All-Star Music Resort may use the pools at any of these resorts.
- Guests at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside and Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter may use the pools at either resort.
- If the main pool is closed for refurbishment at a resort, Guests may be granted special access to another resort’s pool. If this occurs, guests will be notified by the resort.
- DVC members may be allowed to pool hop to other DVC resorts, depending on the time of year. Also, keep in mind that guests may never hop to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, or Disney’s Polynesian Village pools.
The Mouse For Less Tips
- If you are traveling with a large group you will want to stay somewhere everyone will enjoy. The pool is usually everyone’s main concern. By knowing which pools you can and cannot hop to you will narrow down your options.
- On arrival day, guests may want to unwind and settle in before hitting the parks. When you start your Disney vacation out with a resort day by the pool of your choosing you set the tone for your entire vacation!
- Guests traveling together but staying in separate resort areas will want to know which resorts allow for pool hopping so that the groups can go back and forth on resort days.
- Disney maintains pool security by way of gates that only open with the MagicBand and via a number of cast members and lifeguards surrounding the busy pool areas. It would be quite challenging to use the pool of a resort you are not staying at, particularly a feature pool at a Deluxe resort.