Select Nights – September – October 2021
Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights, the nation’s premier Halloween event, puts you right into some of the most pulse-pounding moments in horror history. On select nights from September 3 through October 31, 20121, the streets of Universal Studios Florida theme park come alive with hordes of horrifying mutants, monsters and maniacs. With 30 years of experience to draw from, nobody creates a more nightmarish Halloween event filled with truly original scares and authentic horror movie moments. Each night of Halloween Horror Nights, you can explore terrifying haunted houses, make your way through multiple scare zones where creatures lurk around every turn, enjoy outrageous live shows, and experience many of the park’s most exciting rides and attractions.
This year marks the 30th year for the event and there will be 42 nights that Halloween Horror Nights will be held. Dates for 2021 are:
3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 29, & 30
1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, &31
Please keep in mind due to the intense nature of this event, it is not recommended for children under the age of 13.
2021 Ticket Options
In order to experience this event, guests must purchase separate Halloween Horror Night ticket media.
For 2021, Gusts can purchase the Single Night General Admission tickets currently. Multi-Night Tickets, called the Frequent Fear Pass is not available for purchase yet.
Halloween Horror Single Night Tickets
Halloween Horror Nights Single Night Tickets let you decide when you’ll dare to experience the most frightening Halloween event ever. For 2021, Guests can purchase the Single Night General Admission tickets start at $70.99 and range to $99.99.
Halloween Horror Night Frequent Fear Pass
This option is currently not available for purchase, but is expected to be for 2021. Here is the pricing for 2019.
For those who would like to experience Halloween Horror Nights on multiple evenings, you can purchase the Frequent Fear Pass.
Rush of Fear
Come back any event night during the first 17 nights of Halloween Horror Nights. Advance price – $109.99
Rush of Fear + Express
Take on the terror the first 17 nights of Halloween Horror Nights. When you include Halloween Horror Nights Express Pass with your Rush of Fear Pass, you’ll be able to bypass the regular lines one time at all the haunted houses, plus at participating rides and attractions. Advance price – $334.99
Get up to 23 nights of fear. EVERY Sunday–Thursday event night, the first Friday and Saturday, plus the last Friday. Advance price – $119.99
Frequent Fear + Express
Get up to 26 nights of fear. EVERY Sunday–Thursday event night, the first Friday and Saturday, plus the last Friday. When you include Halloween Horror Nights Express Pass with your Rush of Fear Pass, you’ll be able to bypass the regular lines one time at all the haunted houses, plus at participating rides and attractions. Advance price – $374.99
Frequent Fear Plus
Get up to 34 nights for one low price. Experience EVERY Sunday–Friday event night, plus the first two nights, and the last Saturday. Advance price – $139.99
Frequent Fear Plus + Express
Get up to 30 nights for one low price. Experience EVERY Sunday–Friday event night, plus the first two nights, and the last Saturday. When you include Halloween Horror Nights Express Pass with your Rush of Fear Pass, you’ll be able to bypass the regular lines one time at all the haunted houses, plus at participating rides and attractions. Advance price – $459.99
Ultimate Frequent Fear
Attend ALL event nights with the Ultimate Frequent Fear Pass. Advance price – $259.99
Ultimate Frequent Fear + Express
Attend ALL event nights with the Ultimate Frequent Fear Pass. When you include Halloween Horror Nights Express Pass with your Rush of Fear Pass, you’ll be able to bypass the regular lines one time at all the haunted houses, plus at participating rides and attractions. Advance price – $679.99
Guests wishing to enjoy a full Halloween Horror Nights experience can choose to purchase both tickets to the spooky fun, as well as their on-site hotel stay. Vacation packages provide Guests with on-site hotel accommodations, Park-to-Park daytime admission to theme parks, admission to Halloween Horror Nights. and more. Packages start at only $149 per adult, per night, tax inclusive.
Vacation Package Includes:
- 4-Night Hotel Accommodations
- 3 Park, 4-Day Park-to-Park Ticket to Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure, and Universal’s Volcano Bay
- 1-Night Admission to Halloween Horror Nights
- Early Park Admission – one hour before the theme park opens to one Universal Orlando theme park
- Access to select live entertainment venues at CityWalk
Halloween Horror Nights Express Pass
In addition, due to the popularity of Halloween Horror Nights, (the haunted houses can quickly shoot up to having 1 to 2 hour waits) one of the best suggestions for those wishing to participate in the fun is to purchase the Halloween Horror Nights Express Pass. This pass allows you to cut past the regular lines at all the haunted houses, as well as at participating rides and attractions. Do be aware that only a limited number of these Express Passes are sold each night. Price starts at $69.99 and goes to $129.99.
Halloween Horror Nights VIP Experiences
There are many Halloween Horror Nights VIP Experiences you can partake in. Guests can choose to participate in the R.I.P. VIP Tours where they can receive in-depth behind-the-scenes tour of some of Horror Nights’ most intriguing houses. During the Behind the Screams: Unmasking the Horror Tours get a daytime, lights-on, chilling look into how Universal Orlando’s Art & Design team transforms the biggest names in horror into haunted houses.
Stay and Scream
Will you be spending the day at Universal Studios Florida, but spending the evening at Halloween Horror Nights? Consider participating in the Stay and Scream option! The park closes to daytime guests at 5:00 p.m. on Halloween Horror Nights nights, but if you have a ticket from that evening’s event, you are allowed to remain inside the park in a designated “Stay and Scream” holding area. By staying in the park in the “Stay and Scream” area, Guests will be able to have a jump on the general public and are typically able to experience at least one or two houses before the masses begin to really hit the houses. Anyone can access this opportunity if they have any valid daytime park ticket, including annual passholders.
Tip: You’ll want to make sure you’re in the par before 4:30 p.m. to avoid the massive arriving Halloween Horror Nights crowd.
Stay and Scream locations are:
- The Springfield section near Fast Food Boulevard features priority access to the first two haunted houses that open each evening. Guests are allowed into the two houses with entrances there between 5:30 and 5:45 p.m. Guests are released from the area at 6:00 p.m., and can be the first to queue for the house nearest to Men In Black.
- The New York area holding area includes Finnegan’s bar, which offers a full liquor bar and table service food. (Reservations are necessary and almost impossible to obtain. However, you can traditionally “walk up” to the bar and order a drink, with a substantial wait.) Guests who stay here are released around 5:45 p.m. and can enter the houses near Rip Ride Rockit and Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon.
- A small overflow holding area is located in Hollywood near the Hello Kitty store. There is no food or beverage available here, but you do get early access to the sound stages.
2021 Haunted Houses
Each year, Halloween Horror Nights feature multiple haunted houses. Many are themed after horror intellectual properties. 2019’s IP houses include Stranger Things, Ghostbusters, Killer Klows from Outer Space, Us, and Universal Monsters.
In addition, each time, the creative and demented minds of Universal Creative include unique creations that are designed to frighten. Last year, Guests could experience Nightingales: Blood Pit, Depths of Fear, Yeti: Terror of the Ukon, & Graveyard Games.
This year, there will be 10 houses in all for 2021. Here’s what’s been announced so far:
Say it once. Say it twice. Say it three times. It’s time to turn see the original film comes to life. Beetlejuice will haunt, taunt and send you screaming out of the haunted house. He’ll torment you as you wander checkerboard hallways and abandon you to your fate in the Lost Souls Room. He’ll menace you through the model graveyard and join in the fun of Dante’s Inferno. Be a part of the infamous dinner party scene and witness Beetlejuice’s chaotic wedding. It’s showtime!
2019 Scare Zones
The scares are all around during Halloween Horror Nights and that couldn’t be more true in the various Scare Zones located throughout the park. Terror is lurking behind ever corner to jump out and scare you courtesy of scare actors. Whether you’re just walking through or watching others get the snot scared out of them, the Scare Zones can’t be missed! The following are the Scare Zones for 2019. Scare Zones for 2021 haven’t been announced yet.
Zombieland Double Tap
Based on the hit film and its upcoming sequel, this scare zone puts you in the middle of the United States of Zombieland. The infection has spread and bloodthirsty zombies are everywhere. The most important rule to remember: Always double tap.
Rob Zombie Hellbilly Deluxe
Step into the heavy metal horror of Rob Zombie’s music and imagery in this scare zone. From otherworldly beings to brutal maniacs, you’ll come face-to-face with his twisted creations.
This is an 80s-inspired arcade that has taken over. At first glance, you may think it’s a party. However, you quickly learn that “Game Over” means a permanent end for you. There’s a gang of neon slashers who are out to play in this game you won’t want to lose.
In the streets of Hollywood, your flesh becomes the canvas as blade-wielding artists slice up willing participants into horrific living works of art.
We’re all familiar with the brutal Viking warriors. It’s terrifying enough thinking about facing them alive. Now picture facing them as the undead. They have risen and laid siege to Central Park with an onslaught of gore.
The terror continues with live shows during Halloween Horror Nights.
Academy of Villains: Altered States
The show this year is where man’s true nature is dragged out into the dark, gothic streets of anarchy. With a wicked mix of dance, acrobatics and theatrics, Academy of Villains is back for an all-new performance of pounding synths and neon lights.
Halloween Marathon of Mayhem
Guests will have the opportunity to experience a brand nighttime spectacular featuring iconic scenes from top horror films, cult classics and TV shows in their show, “Halloween Marathon of Mayhem”. “Halloween Marathon of Mayhem” will feature be iconic scenes from Netflix’s Stranger Things, Ghostbusters, Universal Monsters and Killer Klowns from Outer Space and will blend of fountain-based visuals, state-of-the-art technologies and special effects. Show times will take place multiple times each event night. They are 10:00 p.m., 11:00 p.m., and 12:00 a.m.
Universal Orlando Attractions
During Halloween Horror Nights, it’s not only about the frights. Sometimes you need a breather. Many of Universal Studios Florida’s popular attractions are opening throughout the evening to enjoy. Attractions that will be open for Guests include:
- TRANSFORMERS: The Ride-3D
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
- Revenge of the Mummy
- Men in Black: Alien Attack
- Fast & Furious – Supercharged
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts
Halloween Horror Nights Map
If you will be attending the event this year, take a look at the map to see where each of the houses, scare zones, and more will be located.
Each year during Halloween Horror Nights, there are special food and beverage options specific to the event. Items include mini doughnuts on a stick, chili garlic chicken sandwich, onion ring burger, fresh calzones, pizza fries, and more. Here’s some of the special offerings from 2019 and where you can find some of them, but be on the lookout for more great treats throughout the event.
- Arrive early. Due to the massive popularity of the event, the earlier you arrive, the more you will have the opportunity to experience the thrills and chills!
- For those who are looking to make sure that they accomplish every house in one night, buying Universal Express may be your only option, as the event crowds have gotten much larger.
- Make sure to purchase tickets ahead of time. Not only do you get to save a little money, but the lines for Halloween Horror Nights ticket purchases are extremely long, delaying your ability to enjoy the haunts.
- Halloween Horror Nights has a pretty active social media presence. Make sure to follow along for all the latest details and while you’re there, make sure to use the hashtag #HHN30
- Looking for a break from the scares? Diagon Alley is open to Guests and doesn’t feature any Halloween Horror Nights overlays.
- No masks or costumes will be allowed.
- Get real-time wait times of each haunted house with Universal Orlando Resort’s app. For those that don’t have the app downloaded, there will be in-park wait time boards found throughout the park.
- In addition, TERROR TRIVIA will be available on the app. Here you can prove your knowledge of the event and compete for a coveted spot on the leader boards with 11 horror-packed levels, featuring questions about this year’s haunted houses and the history of the event.
- Universal CityWalk is a great place to grab dinner and drinks before the event begins.
- You get free admission to select CityWalk clubs with your event ticket, so head over after to keep the night going.
- We know that these events are scary, but don’t attack scareactors.
- For more information about Halloween Horror Nights, visit their event website.