Late May 2017 – Early September 2017
An incredible line up of brand new attractions and other experiences will be debuting at Walt Disney World theme parks this summer!
Across its four theme parks, multiple resort hotels and diverse shopping and dining offerings, guests will find unforgettable experiences to share with family and friends, making every moment at Walt Disney World as magical as it can be.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Journey to a World unlike any other this summer at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Pandora – The World of Avatar, based off of the hit James Cameron movie, Avatar, will delight Guests, both day and night. This new land includes two new attractions – Na’vi River Journey and Flight of Passage. There will also be a brand new fast casual restaurant, Satu’li Canteen. Plus, there will be shopping, entertainment, and more.
- Avatar Flight of Passage: On Flight of Passage, Guests are sent flying above the jungles of Pandora on a Mountain Banshee in this daring thrill attraction.
- Na’vi River Journey: This family-friendly boat ride takes Guests sailing down a sacred river hidden within a glowing rainforest for an unforgettable encounter with a Na’vi Shaman.
- Satu’li Canteen: Guests looking for a bite should head to the fast casual dining establishment, Satu’li Canteen. Here Guests can discover healthful dishes with wholesome grains, fresh vegetables and hearty proteins. This restaurant is owned and operated by Alpha Centauri Expeditions (ACE) and features international-inspired cuisine, vegetarian options and specialty libations. Satu’li Canteen is the perfect place to refuel as you venture through the Valley of Mo’ara.
- Pongu Pongu: Meaning Party Party, Guests can grab unique beverages and a tasty treat or two in this establishment that is run by its expat owner.
Relatively new for Disney’s Animal Kingdom is the brand new nighttime show, Rivers of Light. This visually stunning after-dark experience celebrates the majesty of nature and the connection between animals and humans. It’s a dramatic visual blend of water, fire, light and imagery all choreographed to an original musical score. Rivers of Light lasts about 15 minutes.
This summer at the Magic Kingdom sees the debut of a brand new fireworks show.
- Happily Ever After: Guests visiting Walt Disney World this summer will be treated to one of the most elaborate fireworks displays ever created – a brand-new show called Happily Ever After. It features the latest in fireworks, pyrotechnics and projection technology, plus fresh animation, and a new musical score and theme song. Happily Ever After takes guests on an inspiring journey filled with heart and humor, as Cinderella Castle itself becomes part of the story through dazzling projections that help to bring heartfelt Disney stories to life on and around the iconic castle. The 18-minute spectacle will feature moments from beloved Disney films such as “The Little Mermaid” and “Aladdin,” as well as modern blockbusters “Moana” and “Zootopia.”
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Guests can get their Star Wars fill at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, but they can also enjoy a brand new Pixar-related show, and meet two of their favorite characters from a summer blockbuster!
- The Music of Pixar LIVE!: The Music of Pixar LIVE! is a limited-time concert event showcases memorable music from Pixar Animation Studios films, with appearances by beloved Pixar characters. A live orchestra provides the soundtrack for this 40-minute concert that will be presented three times nightly at the Theater of the Stars.
- Disney Movie Magic: This new nighttime projection show which takes place prior to the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks, takes Guests through favorite live action Disney movies.
- BB-8 Meet and Greet: Guests can now interact with the loveable droid BB-8 from “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” inside the Star Wars Launch Bay.
- Meet Star-Lord and Baby Groot: Fresh from their recent film, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Guests are able to meet Star-Lord, as well as the adorable Baby Groot in this fun experience.
Inspired by Florida’s waterfront towns and natural beauty, Disney Springs at Walt Disney World is a charming shopping and dining district filled with unique retailers and restaurants. Throughout the summer, new stores and restaurants will open as Disney Springs more than doubles the number of retail, dining and other venues for guests.
- The Polite Pig: Featuring modern barbecue cuisine prepared in an open kitchen, The Polite Pig serves up Southern sides like mac-and-cheese and smoked corn and a hearty selection of craft beers and cocktails. There’s also a bourbon bar offering more than 50 selections. The Polite Pig is the newest concept from award-winning Orlando Chefs James and Julie Petrakis who own local favorite restaurants The Ravenous Pig and Swine & Sons.
- Paddlefish: Guests can also step aboard Paddlefish, Disney Springs’ iconic 1800’s paddleboat that’s been reimagined into a modern yacht experience. Paddlefish offers guests a delectable menu of fresh seafood, steaks and chops for lunch and dinner, as well as a delectable Sunday brunch. A new rooftop lounge serves up a late-night menu as well as fantastic views of the water and Disney Springs.
Disney’s Water Parks have thrills and chills to keep Guests entertained with summertime fun!
- The Frozen Games: At Blizzard Beach, Olaf and Kristoff host The “Frozen” Games of friendly, fun competitions. Kristoff and Olaf will be available for a special character greeting and photo opportunity, making Blizzard Beach the only place where guests can meet Kristoff at Walt Disney World Resort. During the friendly competition, guests will be able to participate in ice-pail relays, a snowball toss and much more snowy fun.
- At Typhoon Lagoon, Guests can cool off on a whitewater adventure aboard Miss Adventure Falls, a brand new family-style raft attraction. Guests are immersed in the story of Captain Mary Oceaneer, a treasure hunter who roamed the seven seas in search of undersea artifacts – until a rogue storm marooned her ship and treasures at Typhoon Lagoon.
Disney Resort Hotels
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins: The newest Disney Vacation Club Resort opens on July 17 at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. Inspired by the legendary mining and railroad history of the Pacific Northwest, guests will come “home” to rustic elegance with these new studios, villas and waterfront cabins.
- Bon Voyage Breakfast: At Disney’s BoardWalk, there’s an enchanting new dining experience at Trattoria al Forno, the Bon Voyage Breakfast, featuring beloved Disney characters including Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, Ariel and Prince Eric. Cost is $34 for adults and $20 for children.