Star Wars is coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios! Guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be able to enjoy more Star Wars experiences every day with Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, Star Wars Launch Bay, “Star Wars: Path of the Jedi” and Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple.
Plus, work is ongoing on the 14-acre Star Wars themed land. With the ongoing expansion, guests will find more Star Wars at Walt Disney World.
Due to all the changes occurring in the park, Star Wars Weekends will no longer be offered at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Star Wars at Walt Disney World – What’s New
- The Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away live stage show celebrates iconic moments from the Star Wars saga with live vignettes featuring popular Star Wars characters, such as Kylo Ren, Chewbacca, Darth Vader and Darth Maul. To celebrate the new movie, Rogue One, AWR (Advanced Weapons Research) Troopers, specialized Stormtroopers with dark armor. who are the bodyguards of Director Krennic in the upcoming film. These AWR Troopers will appear in the Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away show beginning December 16. The show takes place multiple times each day at the Center Stage area near The Great Movie Ride.
- Star Wars Launch Bay will see some new additions from the new Rogue One film, including a Shortrooper Blaster, Director Krennic’s Imperial Shuttle, a Death Star model, a U-wing gunship and more. In addition, additional behind the scenes footage will be added to the film that’s shown in the Launch Bay Theater. The 10-minute film celebrates the creation of the Star Wars saga and includes exclusive interviews with the directors, writers, producers and other key players responsible for the series.
- If you are a fan of Star Tours – The Adventurers Continue, the attraction will once again offer up randomized ride experiences. You never know what you’re going to experience! Also, new scenes from Star Wars: Episode VIII will be added to Star Tours in the coming year.
- A brand new Star Wars Guided Tour is in the works for Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This will be a seven-hour experience that will include A Star Wars “all-in-the-know” tour guide, priority boarding for Star Tours – The Adventures Continue; an opportunity to participate in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple (for guests age 4-12); an in-depth guided exploration of Star Wars Launch Bay, Screening of “Star Wars: Path of the Jedi”, dinner at a Backlot Express; the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party; fireworks viewing and more. Priced at $129 per person, tours begin January 2 and will be offered on Mondays and Saturdays throughout 2017. Reservations can be made soon.
- Stormtroopers march: At various times each day, the menacing Captain Phasma leads a squad of First Order stormtroopers as they march in formation down Hollywood Boulevard to the Center Stage area in an intimidating demonstration of the First Order’s indomitable strength.
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular: This blockbuster nightly fireworks show, unprecedented in Disney’s Hollywood Studios history, lights up the sky with Star Wars-themed fireworks, lasers, light projections and other special effects combined with Star Wars-themed music and iconic characters and scenes from the saga. To bring your experience closer to a galaxy far far away, enjoy the Galactic Spectacular Desert Party on select nights!
Star Wars Themed Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
New 14-acre lands created at both Disneyland in California and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in will transport guest to a whole new Star Wars planet, including an adventure that puts you in the middle of a battle between the First Order and the Resistance. There will be two signature attractions, and one will offer the ability to take the controls of one of the Millennium Falcon on a customized secret mission.
Star Wars Launch Bay
Located in Animation Courtyard, the Star Wars Launch Bay is the primary location for fans to celebrate all things Star Wars at Walt Disney World. In this multi-sensory space, Guests enter a queue lined with special concept artwork where they can interact with beloved Star Wars characters, tour galleries featuring memorabilia and replicas of large-scale Star Wars artifacts, including ones from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and play the latest Star Wars video games, plus have the ability to purchase special Star Wars merchandise.
- Special Character Encounters: After entering a themed atrium complete with replicas of Star Wars props, guests can choose the light side by stepping into a makeshift Rebel base and coming face to face with Star Wars characters such as Chewbacca or they can choose to to visit the dark side and encounter Kylo Ren on the bridge of his First Order Star Destroyer. Guests will no longer be able to meet Darth Vader at this location, but the will be able to see him in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple.
- Launch Bay Theater – Guests will be able to hear directly from the creative minds behind the Star Wars saga in a short video that includes exclusive interviews with the directors, writers, producers and other key movie crew members who bring the saga to life.
- The Cantina – This setting is a fun place to explore and take photos near elements of the cantina, such as a holochess table and a bar serving blue milk. There are normally Jawas in this area who are willing to trade with guests. Just like in Star Wars, the Jawas like to trade for shiny objects.
- Star Wars Game Center – Guests can play current and upcoming video games, including new Disney Infinity 3.0 that includes content created exclusively for this location that you will be able to take home with you.
- Themed Galleries – Special immersive galleries are located throughout Star Wars Launch Bay.
- Celebration Gallery features iconic ships from throughout the Star Wars saga, such as the Rebel Alliance and the Imperial Navy fleet.
- Celebration Hallway displays large-scale replicas of Star Wars props and scenic murals.
- Preview Gallery offers guests exclusive looks at replicas of props, artifacts and memorabilia from the latest movies in the saga, starting with Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Among the items on display are costumes, ship models, droids and artwork.
- Launch Bay Cargo – A unique shopping area where guests may purchase Star Wars merchandise, including original artwork and collector’s items.
Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
Located at the Jedi Training stage near Star Tours, this updated Jedi training teaches younglings the makings of a true Jedi. Visit the secret site of the ancient Jedi temple and face villains such as Darth Vader and the Seventh Sister from “Star Wars Rebels.” This activity is extremely popular so it is best to arrive at Hollywood Studios early to sign up for this experience.
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
Immerse yourself in a special mission during your Star Wars at Walt Disney World experience. The attraction will feature a new adventure and characters from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. During the opening months, everyone who rides Star Tours will experience the new adventure. After that, it will be random once again. Here’s a sneak peek of where the Starspeeder 1000 will take us:
Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
Located in ABC Sound Studio, view this 10-minute film. Included is footage from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Guests looking to relive the stories from the Star Wars saga or be introduced to the iconic characters, including ones from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, can watch an abridged film celebrating the Star Wars saga (episodes I-VII) the ABC Sound Studio near Echo Lake.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Merchandise
Wattos’ Grotto is located on the Streets of America. This is a great place to enhance your Star Wars at Walt Disney World experience with a great souvenir. Additionally, themed merchandise can be found at Tatooine Traders, Disney Springs (Once Upon a Toy, World of Disney and D-Street), Magic Kingdom (Emporium and Merchants of Venus), Epcot (MouseGear and Disney Traders), Animal Kingdom (Island Mercantile), and Disney’s Contemporary Resort (Bayview Gifts).
Also, Guests can purchase special themed gift cards themed after The Force Awakens. Which side will you choose? The light or the dark? You can choose from BB-8, Rey, Finn and Poe from the Resistance or Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma, and Stormtroopers from the First Order.
Star Wars Character Appearances
One of the most memorable ways to experience Star Wars at Walt Disney World is to meet the characters.
Guests may come face to face with First Order Stormtroopers who will patrol various areas of the park, interacting with guests during their mission to find members of the Resistance.
Launch Bay Character Encounters
Choose the light side by stepping into a makeshift Rebel base and coming face to face with Star Wars characters such as Chewbacca or they can choose to to visit the dark side and encounter Kylo Ren on the bridge of his First Order Star Destroyer. In addition, Jawas roam the cantina area.
Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular
Each night, Guests will be treated to “Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular,” a dazzling Star Wars-themed fireworks show set to memorable Star Wars music from throughout the saga. Your Star Wars at Walt Disney World experience won’t be complete without a visit to this special nighttime show.
Star Wars Dessert Party
Guests are able to purchase admission to a dessert party during the fireworks show featuring themed desserts, specialty drinks and a souvenir Chewbacca stein. Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party will include Star Wars-themed desserts (including the famous Darth Vader Cupcakes), a souvenir Chewbacca stein, and a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, all with an up-close view of “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular” This dessert party can be booked by calling 407-939-3463 or visiting Disneyworld.com.
Guests can even find Star Wars at Walt Disney World in the food selections. Enjoy various novelty items and specialty foods inspired by a galaxy far, far away, such as Blue Milk Panna Cotta, Padawan Limeade, BB-8 Lemon and Butter Cream cupcake, Dark Side Chicken and Waffles, Corellian Spice Fries, and a Han Solo Souvenir Kid’s Meal served in a Han Solo-themed bucket. These items are available at Backlot Express inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Guests can also pick up themed souvenir popcorn buckets such as a Darth Vader Souvenir Bucket or a TIE Fighter Souvenir Bucket. There are also souvenir beverage containers, like the Chewbacca Souvenir Stein and the BB-8 Souvenir Stein. These can be picked up a various snack carts and other locations throughout Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Guests who have a Chase Disney Visa will be able to feel the power of the Force at the Star Wars Imperial Meet ‘N’ Greet. This opportunity will be offered daily from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Star Wars Launch Bay. To access the special meet opportunity, you’ll simply have to present your Disney Visa Credit Card to enter this exclusive location.