There are many discounts available to the general public for Orlando restaurants, both on property and off. TheMouseForLess will point you to a few.
Dining Certificates & Deals “For Purchase”
Restaurant.com offers gift certificates to many Orlando area restaurants at a discounted rate. To see what restaurants are available near Walt Disney World, click the link above and enter zip code 32830. In general, the following gift certificates discounts are always available (denominations offered will vary by restaurant). No special code needed!
• $100 gift certificates for $40
• $75 gift certificates for $30
• $50 gift certificates for $20
• $25 gift certificates for $10
• $15 gift certificates for $6 (perfect for breakfast or lunch)
• $10 gift certificates for $4
• $5 gift certificates for $2
Occasionally, Restaurant.com will offer even better discounts that require a special limited-time promotional code to be used during checkout.
Restaurants certificates change frequently, so if you don’t see anything that interest you the first time, but have several months until your trip, be sure to check the inventory again prior to leaving. Restaurant.com sometimes has certificates for restaurants on Disney property. In the past, there have been certificates for restaurants in the Downtown Disney shopping and entertainment district, Downtown Disney hotels and restaurants located in the Swan and Dolphin hotels in the Epcot area. You can also sometimes find certificates for restaurants located in on property at Universal Orlando (zip code 32819). If you’ll have a car while at WDW, you might try search for restaurants within a 5 mile radius of zip code 32830. Restaurant.com gift certificates never expire, and can be exchanged for a different restaurant at ANY time. Certificates sometimes require that two meals are purchased or they may have a minimum expenditure amount or have other restrictions. Generally only one certificate can be used per restaurant in any given month, but you may visit as many different restaurants as you like. To maximize your savings, please make sure you review the restrictions for each restaurant before you finalize your purchase. Under the certificate denominations for the restaurant, there is a box with the terms. The box shows the terms for the $25 certificate, a default setting. When you click on a different denomination, the terms will change to reflect your choice. Additionally, there is a link on the payment page to the specific restrictions for each Restaurant Certificate in your shopping cart. Restaurant.com certificates are also great for dining in your hometown. If you’ll be dining for the evening anyway, you can search for your restaurant online, purchase a discounted certificate, print it, and go.
MouseForLess Tip: Restaurant.com gift certificates can be combined with other printable restaurant discount coupons.
Birnbaum’s Walt Disney World Guide Book
The “Birnbaum’s Walt Disney World guide book” typically comes with valuable coupons for dining at Downtown Disney. You can purchase it now at a Walt Disney World Birnbaum Guidebook.
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining – This popular guide to Walt Disney World dining is available for download as an ebook. TheMouseForLess web site visitors and readers can enter promo code TMFL during purchase and save $1 off on “The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining” or any of the great books in the Disney Food Blog collection. See a review of this book on the MFL Blog.
Web sites like Groupon offer one or more new deals per day in the Orlando area. In the past, Groupon has offered “two for the price of one” discounts on parasailing at the Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World, as well as discounts for restaurants and attractions throughout the Orlando area. Most discounts are 50% off or more. Groupon discounts are activated when a minimum number of people agree to buy; for the most part, this is never an issue and deals are most always available. Deals change daily. It’s worth checking each day to see what’s available (link goes to deals in Orlando area). Use the Food & Drink link at the top of the page to narrow your search for the Orlando area.
Costco Stores offer discounted restaurant gift cards. You can sometimes find McCormick & Schmick gift cards for $79.99 for $100 in gift cards. The McCormick & Schmick website says you can use your McCormick & Schmick’s gift cards and egift cards at any of our 400 Landry’s restaurants nationwide.” T-REX, Rainforest Cafe and Yak & Yeti are all owned by Landry’s restaurants. Gift cards may not be combined with any other discounts including Landry’s Select Club.
Disney Restaurant Meal Receipts
In recent years, Disney sometimes adds offers for merchandise discounts to the bottom of park Quick Service restaurant receipts during peak times of the year. Typically, these discounts have been for 10% – 20% off merchandise at one or several park stores if you shop before noon. Disney park merchandise shops that are most often included in this deal are: Emporium at Magic Kingdom; Mouse Gear at Epcot; Mickey’s of Hollywood or Keystone Clothiers at Disney’s Hollywood Studios; Island Mercantile or Disney Outfitter at Disney’s Animal Kingdom; and World of Disney Store at Downtown Disney Marketplace.!
Coupons for House of Blues at Downtown Disney
- www.orlandocouponsfree.com is currently offering a coupon for 15% off your bill at HoB with no expiration date. Excludes alcohol and gratuity.
Download the free Orlando Magicard and get offers at various Orlando area restaurants. Offers change several times throughout the year. Click here to see looking under “Dining” to see what is currently offered.
Other Online Coupon Sites
A few web sites offer coupons that include Orlando area restaurants:
- Orlandocouponsfree.com offers attraction and dining coupons, most with no expiration date. Includes coupons for multiple restaurants at Universal Orlando’s CityWalk restaurants.
- Destination Coupons has coupons for Planet Hollywood
Restaurant Rewards Clubs & Loyalty Programs
Starbucks Rewards and Gift Cards
The Main Street Bakery in the Magic Kingdom serves Starbucks coffee and treats. Starbucks gift cards are accepted as payment at this location. Also, if you are a Starbucks Rewards member, you can earn “stars” on your purchases at this location. My Starbucks Rewards are not honored at Main Street Bakery, however, so you can’t redeem free birthday drinks or other freebies you may have earned. A second Starbucks venue is located in Epcot at Fountain View Cafe.
Earl of Sandwich eClub
Swan & Dolphin Dining Passport
The Swan & Dolphin resort is now offering a reward dining program in which frequent diners at select Swan & Dolphin restaurants can earn loyalty points. You will be awarded 1 base point for every $1 purchased. Points will not be issued for tax or tip. Points can be redeemed for exclusive dining experiences, dining gift certificates, hotel stays with park tickets, unique gifts and more. Participating restaurants include Shula’s Steak House, Il Mulino New York, Todd English’s bluezoo and Kimonos. The Dining Passport CAN be used in conjunction with a coupon or special offer, but you will only earn points on actual dollars spent. Swan & Dolphin’s Dining Passport is free to join. To join, fill out a short application at a participating Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin restaurant and later register register online. You will receive your Dining Passport and begin earning points immediately on that same visit. You’ll also be kept updated on new promotions and opportunities for even more rewards!
Levy’s Preferred Rewards Program
If you have a Levy owned restaurant nearby, it might be worth joining Levy’s Preferred rewards program. Points are earned on a calendar year from January 1 to December 31. One point is earned for each dollar spent (excluding tip) at all participating Levy Restaurant locations. Points may be converted to Rewards online. For example, at every 250-point increment, you may add $25 reward dollars directly onto your preferred card. You can redeem the reward dollars online and use them for a future dining experience at one of Levy’s participating locations! Fulton’s Crab House, Wolfgang Puck Cafe and Portobello at Downtown Disney are all Levy Restaurants. Collect enough Levy reward points and you can even redeem them for airfare or a WDW vacation. Plus, get a table even without reservations at all three Downtown Disney restaurants. You’ll also get the first glimpse at menu updates and special events, a special preferred rate on all events at any of the three restaurants, and a special birthday treat. In addition, you’ll get access to special offers and deals at all other Levy Restaurants locations. Click here to join.
Landry’s Select Club
This program cost a one-time $25 fee to join but as soon as you register online, you earn a $25 credit. For every $250 you spend at a Landry-owned restaurant you earn a $25 credit to use toward your next meal. You also get a $25 reward which can be redeemed during your birthday month. Club members are eligible for priority seating (based on availability). Landry-owned restaurants located at Walt Disney World include: Rainforest Cafe and Yak & Yeti located in Animal Kingdom park and Rainforest Cafe and T-REX located at Downtown Disney. Landry restaurants that may be available to earn points in your locale include: Rainforest Cafe, Saltgrass Steak House, Landry’s Seafood House, Charley’s Crab, Chart House and the Signature Group of restaurants, which include Willie G’s, Vic & Anthony’s, The Oceanaire Seafood Room, Grotto, Pesce, La Griglia, Brenner’s Steakhouse and Brenner’s on the Bayou. Landry’s also operates Yak & Yeti, T-Rex Cafe, Aquarium Restaurants, Claim Jumper, Bubba Gump and Rusty Pelican and the Kemah Boardwalk.
Hard Rock Rewards
Hard Rock reward program has two levels, a free membership and a paid membership. The free membership is good for the Hard Rock Cafe at Universal Orlando, among other locatons. Members get exclusive offers, earn points for visits, earn a single-use first available priority seating coupon for every 3rd visit, and more. 20 reward points will be added to the cardholder’s account for every $1 spent on food, nonalcoholic beverages or merchandise (excludes taxes and gratuity). Members will get a $15 Rewards Coupon for every 5,000 points earned. The Rewards Coupon is valid for 6 months from date of issue and may be used towards qualifying purchases at any participating Hard Rock Cafe, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Rock Shop or at rockshop.hardrock.com. Both the free and paid programs offer rewards points for staying at Hard Rock Hotels and a reward welcome amenity at participating Hard Rock Hotels (the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando is excluded). Paid membership requires at $24.95 annual fee and offers unlimited first available priority seating at participating Hard Rock Cafes and 30 points for every $1 spent on food, nonalcoholic beverages or merchandise. Paid members also get late check out, room upgrades, and more at participating Hard Rock Hotels and Resorts. There is also a VIP Welcome Package with Hard Rock collectible when you join. Join either program online. There are reports that the free Hard Rock Rewards card is available upon request when you check into the Hard Rock Hotel Orlando.
Dining Clubs for “Off-Property” Restaurants
Several off-site restaurants in the Disney World area have free clubs you can sign up before your vacation for and get special coupons and offers via email. There’s no guarantee they will have an offer during your travel dates, but if you would like to eat at one of these establishments, it’s worth signing up. Here are just a few of the closer ones:
- Sweet Tomatoes Club Veg: Crossroads Center located near the Downtown Disney hotel area.
- Chevy’s Fresh Mex: Crossroads Center located near the Downtown Disney hotel area; kids eat free on Tuesdays with paying adult
- Uno Chicago Grill: Crossroads Center located near the Downtown Disney hotel area.
- Romano’s Macaroni Grill : 535 north of Palm Parkway; add your email address at the bottom of the page and receive $5 off 2 entrees for signing up
- Joe’s Crab Shack: 535 north of Palm Parkway
- Denny’s: Palm Pkwy/535; receive a coupon for 20% off for signing up.
- Steak ‘n Shake E-Club: S. Apopka-Vineland Road (535); kids 12 and under eat free here on Saturdays and Sundays (one free kids plate for every $8 spent).
- The Crab House: 535 east of Palm Parkway; kids 10 and under eat free on Wednesdays from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Other Disney & Orlando Area Deals
Orlando’s Magical Dining Month
Every September, Orlando’s Magical Dining Month features a culinary celebration in which high-end area restaurants offer 3-course meals for a reduced price. The prix fixe dinner menus include an appetizer, entree and dessert. For more information or a complete list of all participating restaurants, visit the official web site.
Food Discounts for the Military at Disney
Members of the military can show their ID and get 10% – 25% off their meals at the following restaurants at Downtown Disney (excludes alcohol):
- Ghiradelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop, Marketplace, 20% off
- Wolfgang Puck Express, Marketplace, 10% off
- Ragland Road, Pleasure Island, 20% off
- Cooks of Dublin, Pleasure Island, 20% off
- Paradiso 37, Pleasure Island, 20% off
- House of Blues, West Side, 25% off
- Planet Hollywood, West Side, 10% off
- Wolfgang Puck Cafe, West Side, 20% off
La Cava del Tequila
La Cava del Tequila at Epcot’s Mexico pavilion is offering Facebook Fans any specialty Margarita on their menu for just $10 on Mondays, which is about $2.50 less than the regular price! So follow them on Facebook and mention the special while ordering to ensure your bill is printed properly. Twitter Fans can get a special price of $5 for a shot of El Mayor Silver Tequila when they show their phones to their bartender or server as proof. If you can decide on which La Cava Margarita to order, ask about their unadvertiseed special – a Margarita Flight for $18 that includes five shots of five margaritas from the menu. This special may not be available when La Cava is busy.
Epcot Wine Experiences at a Great Price
• Germany’s Weinkellar shop in Epcot offers “Wine Flights” for just $9.39. Choose any three 2 ounce pours from 6 choices of German wine including white wines, apple wine, dessert wine and ice wine. This deal is also offered at the Aux Vins de France shop in France with a choice from 2 white and 3 red wines for $9.39.
• The World Showcase Wine Walk offers 6 pours for $20, stopping at Germany, Italy, and France in Epcot. A Wine Walk Passport can be purchased at the Weinkeller shop in Germany, Enoteca Castello shop in Italy or Aux Vins de France shop in France. Show your passport at the three shops and you’ll be given two samples at each shop. Plus, a cast members in each shop will give you a stamp for each wine you sample.
The Palm Restaurant at the Hard Rock Hotel Special Dining Offers
The Palm in Orlando is located in the city’s hottest hotel, the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Studios, and has truly become a place to see and be seen. The Palm is known for it’s steaks and jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, as well as famed personalized service. Check the Palm’s Special page for additional deals.
SPG Kids Pass at Swan & Dolphin
The new SPG Kids Pass is now available for Starwood Preferred Guest members. For a flat daily rate of $25, children (ages 12 and younger) of Starwood Preferred Guest members can enjoy all-inclusive access to a variety of dining options, including children’s menus, buffets (where available) and beverages at Cabana Bar & Beach Club, Todd English’s bluezoo, The Fountain, Picabu buffet, and Fresh Mediterranean Market. To take advantage of SPG Kids Pass, sign up when you check in or anytime during your stay. For full details, visit www.spg.com/kidspass. If your not an SPG member you can enroll for free online.
Swan & Dolphin Dine with Free Child Sitting Deal
For a romantic dinner and a free child sitting deal, head to the Swan or Dolphin. The kids club at the Dolphin Hotel offers children two hours of complimentary time at Camp Dolphin when parents dine at Shula’s Steak House, Todd English’s bluezoo or Il Mulino New York Trattoria. Simply present a meal receipt as proof of purchase. One child is admitted for each adult entrée purchased. This club reaches capacity fast and advance arrangements should be made.
Go Green at the Swan & Dolphin
Go Green and Earn Food and Beverage Vouchers at the Swan & Dolphin Resort. If you’re staying at either the Swan or Dolphin Resort at Walt Disney World, you can earn a $5 food and beverage voucher per day for use at the resort by helping to conserve natural resources. Decline housekeeping service during your stay, excluding the night prior to checkout. Service will automatically be provided every fourth day of your stay. For each day you help conserve natural resources, you will receive a $5 food and beverage voucher for use at the resort (or choose 500 SPG Starpoints redeemable at check out). To opt-in to this program, dial extension 5678 from your guest room telephone by 2am. If you decide to resume service, please contact Guest Services at extension 66.
Social Media Fan Offers
- Become a fan of Portobello by liking them on Facebook and receive special offers and get information on upcoming events before anyone else. Located in Downtown Disney.
- Become a fan of Wolfgang Puck cafe by liking them on Facebook and receive special offers and get information on upcoming events before anyone else. Located in Downtown Disney.
- Become a fan of Raglan Road on Facebook and get information on upcoming events before anyone else, opportunities to win meals (RR loves a good competition), and more. Located in Downtown Disney.
- Become a fan of La Cava del Tequila on Facebook and get information on upcoming events and specials before anyone else. Occasionally, $25 gift card to La Cava are given away on their Facebook page. Located at Epcot.
- Become a fan of House of Blues Orlando on Facebook and get information on upcoming events before anyone else, plus opportunities to win concert tickets and more are often posted there. Located in Downtown Disney.
- Become a fan of Hard Rock Cafe Orlando on Facebook and get information on upcoming events before anyone else, plus special deals just for Facebook fans. Located at Universal Orlando Resort.
House of Blues
House of Blues at Downtown Disney features Happy Hour between 3:00-5:00 pm and 10:00 pm to closing with $3 domestic bottled beer and $3.75 imported bottled beer, house wines and house cocktails.
Wolfgang Puck Cafe
Wolfgang Puck Cafe at Downtown Disney features Happy Hour every day 2 pm-5 pm with 50% off all sushi, Sake and draft beer in their lounge.
AAA and CAA
Some independently-owned restaurants at Walt Disney World offer a discount American and Canadian Auto Club members. Reports are that these discounts have not always been honored. Still, if you have either a AAA or a CAA card, it’s worth a try.
- Earl of Sandwich at Downtown Disney gives a 10% off discount
- Ghirardelli Soda Fountain at Downtown Disney gives a 10% off discount
- Most Swan and Dolphin hotel restaurants, except for Il Mulino New York, Todd’s bluezoo and Shula’s Steak House, give a 20% discount on food only.
AARP members save 10% on food and non-alcoholic beverages at Rainforest Cafe. Click here to see other Landry-owned restaurants that qualify for this discount.
Orlando area “All-You-Can-Eat” Buffets are numerous on International Drive. If you have a car these restaurants can be quite filling at around $15 or less per person. A few buffets include Golden Corral offering a huge lunch buffet. Ponderosa Steakhouse has affordable entrees under plus a huge buffet bar. Cici’s Pizza featuring an Italian family-style buffet with pizza, pasta and salad. Sweet Tomatoes offering salad bar with soups, pastas, breads and dessert; Sizzler offering a salad, soup, appetizer and dessert bar along with separate steaks, seafood, chicken, sandwiches and burger entrees.
Visit our Orlando Dinner Show page for discounts on meals with a show.
Dining Deals Directly Through Disney
Disney offers dining deals directly either through the purchase of a vacation packages, through certain ticketing options or through membership in various Disney clubs. Click on the links below to see what Walt Disney Dining Deals are currently being offered for each.
- Magic Your Way vacation packages for Disney resorts come with the following discounts:
- $10 Planet Hollywood Meal Voucher valid for food and non-alcoholic beverages and Souvenir Keepsake (one per room). VIP Preferred Seating is available from 11 am through 6 pm.
- 10% discount on the purchase of food and non-alcoholic beverages and 10% off the non-discounted price of merchandise at Splitsville Luxury Lanes located in Downtown Disney West Side
- Magic Your Way vacation packages for Downtown Disney Hotels, the Swan and Dolphin Hotels and Good Neighbor Hotels, come with the following Downtown Disney dining discounts:
- $10 voucher valid for food and non-alcoholic beverages and a souvenir merchandise keepsake at Planet Hollywood, Downtown Disney West Side. VIP Preferred Seating is available from 11 am through 6 pm (One per package)
- 10% off Food & Beverage discount during lunch at Fulton’s Crab House at Downtown Disney (One each per package). Excludes alcoholic beverages.
- 10% off Food & Beverage discount during lunch at Portobello’s Yacht Club at Downtown Disney (One each per package). Excludes alcoholic beverages.
- 10% off purchase at Ghirardelli Downtown Disney Marketplace (One per package).
- 10% off Food & Beverage discount during lunch at Wolfgang Puck at Downtown Disney (One per 2013 package only). Excludes alcoholic beverages.
- 10% discount on the purchase of food and non-alcoholic beverages and 10% off the non-discounted price of merchandise at Splitsville Luxury Lanes located in Downtown Disney West Side
- Free Dining – Disney MYW vacation package that includes one of Disney’s Dining Plans at no charge, offered at select times of the year – typically available to book sometime in spring for travel late August through most of September
- Disney’s Magic Your Way Dining Packages – Disney meal plans available to those purchasing a Disney MYW vacation package
- Tables in Wonderland – Discount WDW Dining Club for Florida Residents, Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club members; requires annual purchase
- Disney Visa Card – This Visa card (choose from Rewards, Premier or Debit cards) from Chase Bank offers a 10% dining discount at the select Walt Disney World Resort dining locations below (excludes alcoholic beverages, holiday buffets, tax and gratuity):
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge: Sanaa, Jiko (see restrictions)
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn Resort: ESPN Sports Club, Flying Fish Cafe (see restrictions), Kouzzina by Cat Cora
- Disney’s Caribbean Resort: Shutters at Old Port Royale
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort: The Wave
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground: Trail’s End Restaurant
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort: Citricos, Grand Floridian Café
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort: Olivia’s Cafe
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort: Boatwright’s Dining Hall
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa: Turf Club
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: Artist Point (see restrictions), Whispering Canyon Cafe
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort: Captain’s Grill
For locations where it is noted to see restrictions, the discount does not apply to blackout dates. Subject to restaurant operating hours and closures. Restaurant seating is subject to availability.
- Annual Passholder Dining Discounts – Requires purchase of 12-month WDW admission pass
- Disney Vacation Club Dining Discounts Requires buying into Disney’s vacation time-share program
- Disney’s D23 Dining Discounts – The official Disney Fan Club; yearly membership for fee required; D23 Members & up to 5 guests get 15% off meals at House of Blues; just show your card. Excludes alcohol, tax, and gratuity. Also, get 10% discount or $1 off a sundae at Ghiradelli.
- Other Disney Dining Events: Fantasmic! Dinner Package • Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Party
- Seasonal Dining Information – Restaurant price increase based on guest demand