Several factors play into getting the best deal on your Disney World vacation. Check our resort guides determine off-peak times. Specific dates and rates change throughout the year. Check for discounts that may be available during your travel time. Make sure to book the options you will use. Many options save money if used during your stay. The information that follows describes the Disney Resort Hotel Package plus available options.
Check our Current Code Page to see ALL current vacation package discounts. Find promotions for the General Public, Florida Residents, Canadians, Disney Visa Reward Cardholders, and more. To learn how booking your vacation with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner can save you money, visit our Authorized Disney Vacation Planner Benefits page.
Disney Resort Hotel Package
This is the basic Disney starter package. The components of the Disney Resort Hotel vacation package include accommodations, tickets, possibly dining, and magical extras.
Disney Resort Hotel Package reservations are available for reservations at Disney Resort hotel categories. There is no minimum stay required to reserve a vacation package, the longer you stay, however, the more money saved on a per-day basis. Additionally, everyone in the room must book the same package, including the same ticket and Disney Dining Plan options.
A Disney Resort Hotel Package includes a Base Ticket with a 14-day expiration (after first use). Guests choose ticket length from 2 to 10 days. Base tickets admit guests to one Theme Park per day. You must include at least a 2-day base ticket for each person included in a Disney Resort Hotel vacation package. Add-on options for the tickets include:
- Park Hopper Option – visit more than one Theme Park on the same day.
- Park Hopper Plus Option – includes a specific number of “Fun Visits” based on the length of the Ticket. Each “Fun Visit” allows entry into one of the following: Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon, Disney’s Blizzard Beach, Disney’s Fantasia Garden or Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Courses (before 4:00 p.m.), Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course (with reserved tee time) or the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex .
Disney Resort Hotel Package Magical Extras
Each Disney Resort Hotel Package includes the following Magical Extras free of charge.
2019 Magical Extras
Walt Disney World Resort and Theme Park Shopping and Dining Discounts:
- Miniature Golf – Four vouchers, each valid for one round of miniature golf before 4:00 p.m. (four rounds of golf per package).
- ESPN Wide World of Sports – Four vouchers, each valid for one-day admission.
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company – 20% off non-discounted purchases at locations in Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, and Disney Springs.
- Luggage Tag – One Walt Disney Travel Company commemorative luggage tag per person.
Disney Springs Area Shopping and Dining Discounts:
- Arribas Brothers – 10% off purchases (exclusions apply).
- Basin– 10% off purchases in Disney Springs or Grand Floridian locations.
- Curl by Sammy Duvall – 10% off the price of non-discounted merchandise (excludes watches, sunglasses, and electronics).
- Earl of Sandwich – 10% off food and nonalcoholic beverages
- Edward Beiner Purveyor of Fine Eyewear – 15% discount on any purchase at Edward Beiner Purveyor of Fine Eyewear located at Disney Springs Town Center. Cannot be combined with any other offers.
- Filthy Rich – 10% off the price of non-discounted merchandise
- Ghiradelli Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop – 10% discount or $1 off a Specialty Sundae
- House of Blues – 20% discount on the purchase of food and non-alcoholic beverages (limit 6 per party) 10% off the non-discounted price of merchandise (excluding CDs, art, sundries)
- Planet Hollywood Observatory – 10% off food and nonalcoholic beverages
- Pop Gallery – 10% off the non-discounted price of merchandise (excludes published artists and shipping).
- Something Silver – 10% off the non-discounted price of merchandise
- Sublime Gifts and Finds – 10% off the price of non-discounted merchandise
- Sugarboo & Co. – 10% off the price of non-discounted merchandise
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes – 10% discount on the purchase of food and non-alcoholic beverages 10% off the non-discounted price of the merchandise 10% discount on bowling (one per package)
- UGG – Receive customization up to $35 with any merchandise purchase.
- Volcom – 15% off the price of non-discounted merchandise
- Wolfgang Puck Express – 10% off food and nonalcoholic beverages
- Everyone in the room must book the same package and ticket options
- Packages and tickets plus their options or components (including dining entitlements) are nontransferable
- Dining entitlements expire at midnight on the day of check-out
- Theme Park tickets and options expire between 4 and 14 days after first use depending on length of tickets
- Visiting more than one Theme Park on the same day requires the Park Hopper Option
- All prices quoted in U.S. dollars and subject to change until the Guest makes full payment for the package
- If air transportation is included in the package, the airfare is not guaranteed until the total price of the airline tickets is paid in full
A deposit of $200 per reservation plus the price optional insurance and airfare. For reservations that include vacation insurance, the total price of vacation insurance may also be due at the time of booking. All Guests’ full, legal names (including children) are required at the time of reservation. Children’s ages are also required. Date of birth and gender are required for all guests, including infants, if the reservation includes air transportation. Name changes are not permitted.
For reservations made 30 days or more before arrival, final payment is due to Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc. at least 30 days before guest arrival. For reservations made 30 days or less before guest arrival, full payment is due to Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc. at the time of booking.
For reservations made 15 days or more before Guest arrival, travel documents (such as vouchers or certain fulfillment cards, or travel itinerary confirming an airline reservation) are mailed (after receipt of final payment) to an address in the United States or Canada.
Additionally, MagicBands and certain radio frequency cards cannot ship outside the United States. Eligible international guests receive them at the resort hotel upon arrival. Reservations made 8 to 14 days before Guest arrival; reservations made seven days or less before Guest arrival. For any reservations made by Guests with an address outside the United States or Canada, travel documents are delivered to the Front Desk of Guest’s resort hotel. Additional fees will be charged for the replacement of any lost or misplaced travel documents.
Cancellation and Change Policy
For cancellations made 31 days or more before Guest arrival – amounts paid, minus cancellation fees assessed by third party hotels or other suppliers, travel insurance premiums, and other amounts owed, will be refunded.
For cancellations made 2 days to 30 days prior to Guest arrival – amounts paid, minus a cancellation fee of $200.00 per package and minus any cancellation fees assessed by third party hotels or other suppliers, travel insurance premiums and other amounts owed, will be refunded. No refunds are given for cancellation of any personalized products or experiences.
For cancellations made 1 day or less prior to Guest arrival, the full price of the package is non-refundable. No refunds are made for early departure from hotel and unused admission tickets, options or features, including meals.
For changes made 30 days or less prior to arrival that results in a change in the package price, a change fee of $50.00 per package, plus any change fees assessed by hotels or other suppliers, is charged. Such change fees are paid in addition to any increase in the package price resulting from the change. If air transportation has been ticketed, Guest will be responsible for any increase in airfare as well as the change fee assessed by the airline.
The travel insurance premium is refundable within 14 days after the date the insurance is added to the reservation as long as Guest has not filed a claim or Guest has not departed on the trip, as more specifically provided in the Travel Insurance Description of Coverage. For insurance added 2 days to 14 days prior to Guest arrival, travel insurance is refundable if canceled at least 2 days before Guest arrival. Upon any cancellation, the charge for travel insurance is added to the other applicable cancellation fees.
Airfare Cancellation and Change Policy
Guests are responsible for any cancellation fees assessed by an airline, or, in the case of changes, for any increase in airfare as well as the change fee assessed by the airline. Cancellation of a refundable airline ticket must be made at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled airline departure time. In the case of a non-refundable airline ticket, the cancellation fee is equal to the entire ticket price. Most air is non-refundable. No refunds for airline tickets are made after travel has commenced or if a flight is missed/delayed. Land portions of the reservation cannot be canceled without also canceling the air portion of the reservation booked through Disney.
Disney Dining Plan Add-on
Once familiar with the Basic Disney Package, take a look at what upgrade packages have to offer. For example, if you enjoy eating sit-down meals at least once a day, consider Disney’s Dining Plan. Dining plans are available for guests age 3 and above, but infants & toddlers may share at no additional charge. Dining entitlements expire at midnight on the day of check-out. Advance Dining Reservations are highly suggested when adding a Disney Dining Plan. To see details for Disney’s various “Dining Plans,” click on the links below.
- General info for Disney Resort Hotel Package Disney Dining Plan Packages
- Disney Resort Hotel Package Plus Quick-Service Dining Plan
- Disney Resort Hotel Package Plus Standard Dining Plan
- Disney Resort Hotel Package Plus Deluxe Dining Plan
Optional Add-Ons to the Basic Package
When adding vacation insurance to a Disney Resort Hotel Package, the premium is for each adult (no charge for children 17 and under) listed on a reservation. Insurance includes 100% of insured trip cost, plus coverage for 6-hour or more travel delay (up to $600), baggage loss (up to $2000), baggage delay (up to $500), medical expenses (up to $25,000), $25,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment and a few other emergency provisions. Also covered are a hurricane or inclement weather causing delay or cancellation of travel. Coverage may apply to airfare purchased as part of a package through a travel agency or on your own when canceled due to covered reasons.
If you’re purchasing a package, insurance can be a good idea. Once added, the insurance is non-refundable after 14 days. Those traveling in “hurricane season,” particularly late August through September, should carefully consider insurance. Travel delays or disruptions often occur during this time of year. Note: For alternative insurance, try InsureMyTrip. Travelers can comparison shop from an extensive list of companies and can build coverage to fit their individual needs. This is can sometimes a cheaper and more comprehensive alternative, particularly when it comes to booking Disney Cruise line insurance.
Travel insurance premium refundable within 14 days after the date the insurance added to the reservation as long as no claims filed and the guest has not departed — more specific information provided in the Travel Insurance Description of Coverage. For insurance added 2 days to 14 days prior to Guest arrival, travel insurance is refundable if canceled at least 2 days prior to Guest arrival. Upon any cancellation, the travel insurance cost is added to the other applicable cancellation fees.
For the U.S., Puerto Rico & Canada only. While airfare is available for purchase through Disney, compare booking on your own as well. Most airfares booked with Disney are non-refundable. Fares require full payment at the time of booking. Be sure to give your travel agent or Disney your frequent flyer numbers to credit your account. In addition to Orlando International Airport, Disney offers scheduled service into or out of Daytona Beach, Jacksonville, Melbourne, Sarasota, Tampa, Ft. Myers, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, and West Palm Beach. This way, you can enjoy Florida’s sun-drenched beaches before or after their Walt Disney World stay.
Disney’s Magical Express
Disney has eliminated the need to secure transportation from the airport to your Disney resort. Magical Express saves money and eliminates the need for separate transportation to and from Orlando International Airport. The service provides baggage transfer and handling, in addition to transportation for you and your party from Orlando International Airport (MCO) to your resort (one way or round trip available). Disney’s Magical Express service requires a separate reservation made at least 10 days prior to arrival and is free of charge with your package.
Guests will be able to prepay for up to 30 days worth of unlimited digital download photos ahead of time. With Memory Maker, guests receive digital downloads all of the pictures taken of their family by the Disney PhotoPass Photographers!