2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
March 5 - May 18, 2014
The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is a 75-day spring special event filled with Disney character topiaries, a colorful array of flowers, gardens, live music, special presentations and garden marketplaces featuring festival taste treats. It's where Disney springs to life!
Disney gardeners will paint the landscape with rainbows of blooms while Epcot chefs tempt guests with marketplace tastes during the 21st Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival March 5 – May 18, 2014, at Walt Disney World Resort.
Epcot admission is required. Most Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival events, including all gardening programs and exhibits, are included with admission to Epcot.
Jump to any of these topics:
Use your browsers "Back" button or the "Return to Top" link to return to this index
New for 2014
New topiaries, gardens, live concert acts and interactive gardening seminars will set the stage for 75 days of festival fun in 2014.
- Muppet Topiaries - Kermit the Frog will find it is easy being green when his artfully-crafted character topiary debuts during the 21st Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. And, a floral Miss Piggy will join Kermit and his blooming banjo in the World Showcase topiary display.
- Goofy, Donald Duck and Daisy Duck Topiaries - These classic character topiaries will appear in a new Epcot front entrance garden vignette celebrating spring with a butterfly hunt adventure. The topiaries will have a new computer-generated look while telling an entertaining story. Goofy’s butterfly net will prove useless as topiary butterflies light on the back of his floral garb. A topiary bee buzzes on an exasperated Donald’s head. The garden will feature a real waterfall and pond with water lilies.
- Timon Topiaries - A new Timon topiary will join pal Pumbaa near the park’s Outpost location between China and Germany.
- New Garden Marketplace Menu Items - Back for a second year, outdoor food-and-beverage marketplaces will return with new menu items such as Piggylicious Bacon Cupcakes and a Barbecued Chicken Leg at the Smokehouse Barbecue marketplace. Plus, floral-flavored lemonades will feature rose and violet notes.
- New Flower Power Concert Acts - The Flower Power Concert Series welcomes two new acts in 2014: Gary Lewis and the Playboys (“This Diamond Ring”) March 14-16, and The Alan Parsons Live Project (“Eye in the Sky”) May 16-18.
- Florida Agriculture - The the spotlight will be on fresh Florida crops at a large World Showcase garden exhibit, featuring citrus, sugar cane, berries and vegetables.
- Topiaries and Themed Garden Displays - You'll find over 75 Disney character topiaries among the over 100 topiaries arranged throughout Epcot. Also look for 220 floating mini-gardens, dozens of flower towers and sweeping beds of multi-colored blooms. At themed flower and garden displays you'll learn new tips and techniques that you can try at home.
• If you see a QR code like the one pictured here while viewing a topiary or garden, scan it to learn more information about the display.
• You may already be familiar with the miniature trains that operate daily in Germany. But, when you visit the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival, take a close look! The little town in the display is having a festival of its own!
- English Tea Garden - Presented by Twinings of London Tea, discover the art and history of tea blending during a free 20-minute tour of this elegant English Tea Garden, featuring classic and new tea blends. Tours are typically held Monday through Thursday at 2:15 p.m. and 4:45 p.m., and Friday through Sunday at noon, 2:15 p.m. and 4:45 p.m.. Register in advance for your guided tour at The Tea Caddy located at the United Kingdom Pavilion on the day of the tour. You will be given a ticket for your tour that you can exchange at the end of the tour for several free tea packets. You'll also get the opportunity to sample several cold brew teas. Sign up early as it fills up fast!
- Butterfly House - Tinker Bell’s Butterfly House, on the Imagination Walkway, flits to life with hundreds of the winged beauties and fairy topiaries including Tinker Bell and Periwinkle.
- Festival Fun - Festival fun includes special displays and interactive areas for kids. Race car Lightning McQueen and tow truck "Mater" of the Disney-Pixar film Cars 2 will be the well-maintained topiary stars of the Disney-Pixar Cars garden and playground.
- Designer Presentations - See how green your thumb can be as some of the nation's top designers help you plan everything from planting your first garden to enhancing your home. With expert advice from HGTV and DIY designers and Epcot gardening experts, you're sure to be inspired!
- Flower Power Concert Series - Enjoy unforgettable live music from the 1960s and '70s during the Flower Power Concert Series. During opening weekend, the series kicks off at America Gardens Theatre with fan-favorite band The Guess Who (“American Woman”) March 7-9. Other pop acts set to perform include Chubby Checker & the Wildcats, The Village People and Paul Revere & The Raiders. (Entertainment is subject to change). You'll find a different artist every weekend during the festival at the America Gardens Theatre! See the Entire Concert Lineup.
- The Gardens of the World Tour - Be treated to fanciful floral displays on this 3-hour tour held only during the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. Guests will learn how to apply Disney botanists’ know-how to their own garden at home and take home an exclusive commemorative pin. The Gardens of the World Tour is open to guests age 16 and older with a valid photo ID. The tour typically cost $60.00 + tax per person. To book, call 407-WDW-TOUR (939-8687). Discounts for DVC members, Annual Passholders or Disney VISA members are available.
Flower & Garden Photo Gallery From 2013 Festival
HGTV Designer Presentations
On the weekends, some of your favorite HGTV and DIY personalities will hit the stage, sharing ideas and tips to help make your home spring to life! At the HGTV Designers’ Stage, be informed and entertained as TV personalities and gardening experts share their advice on how to beautify your living space and help your garden thrive.
Location: On the HGTV Designers Stage at the Festival Center, between Universe of Energy and Mission: SPACE in Future World.
Show Times: Typically every Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 12:00 noon and 3:00 p.m.
Check back for the complete 2014 lineup!
Presentations by HGTV and DIY Network stars and all gardening programs and exhibits are included with admission to the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival.
After debuting at the 2013 festival, the marketplaces will return for 2014 with new and favorite menu items. Prices average from $4 - $6 per dish. As with the Epcot Epcot Food & Wine Festival, many of the marketplace menu items will be available for snack credits on the Disney Dining Plan.
Last year’s top menu picks such as the Watermelon Salad with local baby arugula, feta cheese, pickled red onions and balsamic reduction will be back for an encore at the Florida Fresh marketplace.
Look for a new mini Disney Gift Card with an exclusive Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival design to debut for a limited time during the festival (2013 card pictured above). The Disney Gift Card can be activated with as little as $5. Wear it around your and just swipe to pay for food and more. The Disney Gift Card can be reloaded as many times as you want at most festival kiosks.
A complimentary Flower and Garden Festival Passport will also be available to be stamped at each Garden Marketplace visited for the perfect scrapbook souvenir. Each marketplace will have its own unique stamp design.
Festival Center Highlights
At the Festival Center, guests can shop for festival merchandise, attend demonstrations and get ideas and tips from master gardeners, and enjoy delicious refreshments. Located in Future World between Universe of Energy and Mission:SPACE, the Festival Center open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Highlights typically include:
- Intermissions Cafe - Enjoy fine wines by the glass, cold sandwiches, salads and light snacks.
- HGTV Theater - Daily.
Showing HGTV segments and a film titled "Making of the Festival". Show times are continuous daily shows
- Ask an Expert - Daily
Get your gardening questions answered by master gardeners from the Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences at the University of Florida. Show times are continuous daily shows
- Greenhouse Stage - Daily
See local gardening experts and Disney Cast Members as they share tips and secrets you can plant in your own garden. Visit the Festival Center for daily topics.
- HGTV Designers' Stage
Informative and entertaining presentations from locally and nationally recognized garden personalities. Visit the Festival Center for daily topics.
Special Festival Events
Special 2014 festival events will be posted as they are announced.
2014 Flower & Garden merchandise destinations are located in the Festival Center and around the World Showcase promenade. New and returning artisans that will be taking part in the festivities. Consult your Festival Guide Map for locations.
Festival Fun Facts
- 30 million blooms blanket the park throughout the festival.
- More than 500,000 plants, trees and shrubs are planted for the festival; 250,000 of those are annual blossoms installed for the festival.
- Festival plants include 60 different species of trees, 47 types of palms, and 48 varieties of bedding plants.
- 30 “flower towers” of several varieties of blooms and plants line Innoventions Plaza.
- 225 floating mini-gardens, each three feet in diameter, of multi-hued impatiens provide splashes of color on two ponds that border the walkway between Future World and World Showcase.
- 700 container gardens of flowers, herbs, plants and vegetables in clay pots, barrels and urns enhance the landscape throughout Epcot.
- 150 hands-on gardening demonstrations and seminars will be presented.
- 400 Walt Disney World horticulturists are needed to install the festival landscape, topiaries and many exhibits; 100 Epcot horticulturists maintain topiaries and other festival displays.
- It takes more than one full year and about 24,000 cast member hours to prepare for the annual festival.
For the latest Epcot Flower and Garden Festival updates, guests may also visit DisneyWorld.com.
Call your travel agent or contact The Magic For Less Travel at (888) 330-6201 to book your Walt Disney World travel during this event.