2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
March 5 - May 18, 2014
The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is a 75-day spring special event filled with Disney character topiaries, a colorful array of flowers, gardens, live music, special presentations and garden marketplaces featuring festival taste treats. It's where Disney springs to life!
Epcot admission is required. Most Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival events are included with admission to Epcot.
2014 information will be added as it becomes available
2013 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival Info
March 6 - May 19, 2013
Jump to any of these topics:
Use your browsers "Back" button or the "Return to Top" link to return to this index
New for 2013
New topiaries, gardens, children’s play areas and interactive gardening seminars will set the stage for 75 days of festival fun and creative whimsy in 2013.
- Surprise Living Topiary - On April 5, 2013, the living Captain Hook topiary made a surprise one-time appearance at Epcot's U.K. Pavilion during the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival. The announcement was made 2 days in advance on the Annual Passholder Facebook page. Park guests were able to have photos taken with the leafy Hook throughout the day. The living Captain Hook topiary made his first appearance at Lake Eola in Downtown Orlando and Downtown Disney locations in early February. In the video below, you can see him next to a sign advertising the festival. Hopefully, there will be more such living topiary appearances at the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival in the future.
- New Topiaries - The Fab Five are having a party, and everyone’s invited to join the fun during the 20th Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival at Walt Disney World Resort. Colorful, whimsical topiaries of Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Pluto and Donald Duck will welcome topiary Daisy to their Epcot front-entrance celebratory barbecue. The 14-foot-tall topiary Goofy will bobble an anniversary cake while Donald and Daisy play badminton, Mickey fires up the grill, Pluto swipes a link of hot dogs and Minnie chills out on a colorful blanket of blossoms. And that’s just the festival opener.
For the first year ever, Mike and Sully from Disney•Pixar "Monsters Inc." will join the festivities with their Disney•Pixar "Monsters University" topiary on the walkway from Future World to the park's World Showcase. A new Disney•Pixar "Cars" playground- Radiator Springs- brings favorite movie characters such as Lightning McQueen to life in topiary on the Test Track Walkway. Guests will also enjoy new Phineas and Ferb topiaries.
- Garden Marketplaces - For the first time, Epcot chefs will cook up festival food and beverage fun, with 12 specialty themed Garden Marketplaces offering food and drink along the park's World Showcase promenade. Chefs are tweaking the menu to include backyard barbecue and a variety of garden-inspired and global tastes. And, don't miss the "Dole Whip with Spiced Rum"! See the Garden Marketplace Menus
- Illuminated Gardens - Gardens in the park's Future World and World Showcase will cast a colorful glow over each festival evening as the festival is augmented with new lighting so that you can keep enjoying the displays at night. Particularly dazzling are the color-changing LED lights around Phineas and Ferb and the twinkling lights on Tinker Bell and Periwinkle.
- Land of Oz Play Area - Also new for 2013, an original interactive play area where guests can follow in the footsteps of Oz, The Great and Powerful. Guests enter The Land of Oz Garden guided by a yellow-brick road and soon find themselves in an interactive children’s play area that features several carnival-style games and funhouse mirrorsin a circus-themed area of red-and-white tents. Kids who try their hand at throwing hoops around milk bottles can win an "Oz The Great and Powerful" button or take home a packet of seeds at the bean bag toss. In the “Land of Oz Garden,” play equipment is adorned with giant flowers. As kids play in and around a giant custom Oz-themed play structure, parents can enjoy shaded and comfy chairs just a few steps away. The Great and Powerful Oz’s crashed hot-air balloon offers a unique photo opportunity as well as providing a creative shade structure for parents. Guests can also wander through the "Oz Movie Garden" on the Imagination Walkway, which features real lush, unusual plants and fantastical art-glass poppies inspired by the Land of Oz. At almost one third of an acre, it’s the largest themed area ever created for the festival. Disney's new movie, Oz The Great and Powerful, is due in theaters March 8, 2013. The Oz Garden will open in advance on February 11.
For those who will like to know more about how the field of poppies was created or purchase a field of poppies for your garden, visit the web site of glass artist Craig Mitchell Smith
- Garden Passport - Pick up this complimentary pocket-sized guide to all that’s new this year, with select items labeled “TRY it!”––encouraging families to see new things, taste new foods, and have fun together!
- QR Code - If you see a QR code like the one pictured here while viewing a topiary or garden, scan it to learn more information about the display.
- Topiaries and Themed Garden Displays - You'll find over 75 Disney character topiaries among the over 100 topiaries arranged throughout Epcot. Also look for 240 floating mini-gardens, dozens of flower towers and sweeping beds of multi-colored blooms. At themed flower and garden displays you'll learn new tips and techniques that you can try at home. The popular Disney Channel animated celebs, Phineas and Ferb, limit their shenanigans to go green for a family photo-op behind Spaceship Earth.
• Sometimes, topiaries are where you least expect to find them. If you're at Epcot during the Flower and Garden Festival, be sure to look up when passing through the United Kingdom.
• You may already be familiar with the miniature trains that operate daily in Germany. But, when you visit the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival, take a close look! The little town in the display is having a festival of its own!
- English Tea Garden - Presented by Twinings of London Tea, discover the art and history of tea blending during a free 20-minute tour of this elegant English Tea Garden, featuring classic tea blends and new herbal teas for 2012. Tours are held Monday through Thursday at 2:15 p.m. and 4:45 p.m., and Friday through Sunday at noon, 2:15 p.m. and 4:45 p.m.. Register in advance for your guided tour at The Tea Caddy located at the United Kingdom Pavilion on the day of the tour. You will be given a ticket for your tour that you can exchange at the end of the tour for several free tea packets. You'll also get the opportunity to sample several cold brew teas. Sign up early as it fills up fast!
- Other Unique Gardens: Plus, enjoy a variety of unique gardens located throughout Epcot theme park:
- For the Birds, Presented by the National Audobon Society - behind Mouse Gears
- Festival Blooms, Presented by Miracle-Gro - located next to Tinker Bell's Butterfly House
- Water Wise Herbs & Vegetables, Presented by Rain Bird Corporation - Future World side of bridge to World Showcase
- Spice and Herb Garden - located at the Morocco Pavilion
- Bonsai Collection - located at the Japan Pavilion
- Orchids - adjacent to the Mexico Pavilion
- Butterfly House - Tinker Bell’s Butterfly House, on the Imagination Walkway, flits to life with 1,000 native butterflies, represented by 10 species, and eight fairy topiaries including Tinker Bell, Fawn, Vidia and Terrence.
- Festival Fun - Festival fun includes special displays and interactive areas for kids. Race car Lightning McQueen and tow truck "Mater" of the Disney-Pixar film Cars 2 will be the well-maintained topiary stars of the "Radiator Springs" interactive play zone, geared for kids 5 to 12, located on the Test Track Walkway. Here kids can earn a special sticker by helping Mater locate car parts missing from his yard. Also, in Future World be sure to visit the Tinker Bell’s Butterfly House, the Land of Oz interactive play ground on the Rose walkway geared for kids 2 to 12, and Pride Rock Fun Spot where kids can make their very own personalized African Mask. In World Showcase, the Backyard Play Garden located between Morocco and France, sponsored by GoGo Squeeze has also returned for 2013.
- Themed Weekends and Special Happenings
- April 5-7: Celebrate "Art in the Garden Weekend" at World Showcase from 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. each day along the promenade. Throughout the weekend, artists Larry Dotson, David E. Doss and Noah, along with ACME artist Annick Biaudet will be on hand for artist demonstrations and signings. Note: Noah will appear April 6–7 only.
- April 12–14: Disney’s "Animal Kingdom Specialists" will be on hand at the Festival Center from 10:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- April 26–28: A "Grilling Demonstrations by George Hirsch" will take place at the American Adventure Pavilion at 1:15 p.m., 2:45 p.m. and 4:15 p.m.
- May 3-5: "Florida Fresh Weekend" at the Festival Center.
- May 10–12: "Florida Federation of Garden Clubs, Inc." at the Festival Center.
- May 17–19: A "Grilling Demonstrations by George Hirsch" will take place at the American Adventure Pavilion at 1:15 p.m., 2:45 p.m. and 4:15 p.m.
- Designer Presentations - See how green your thumb can be as some of the nation's top designers help you plan everything from planting your first garden to enhancing your home. With expert advice from HGTV and DIY designers and Epcot gardening experts, you're sure to be inspired! Every Friday through Sunday, HGTV design celebrities will host Festival Center seminars. During opening weekend, March 8-10, Chris Lambton of “Going Yard” will appear; other designers scheduled to take the stage include Brandon Johnson of “My Yard Goes Disney” and Meg Caswell of “Meg’s Great Rooms.” See the Entire Designer Presentation Schedule.
- Flower Power Concert Series - Enjoy unforgettable live music from the 1960s and '70s during the Flower Power Concert Series. The opening weekend Flower Power Concert Series will present fan favorite Micky Dolenz (“I’m a Believer”) March 8-10. And, in a Flower Power first, 1970s top disco band The Village People and 1960s singer-songwriter Tommy Roe bring on the Flower Power beat when they take the concert stage. You'll find a different artist every weekend during the festival at the America Gardens Theatre! See the Entire Concert Lineup.
- The Gardens of the World Tour - Be treated to fanciful floral displays on this 3-hour tour held only during the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. Guests will learn how to apply Disney botanists’ know-how to their own garden at home and take home an exclusive commemorative pin and Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival poster (sells for $24.95 in the park). The Gardens of the World Tour is open to guests age 16 and older with a valid photo ID. The tour is offered at 9 a.m. on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from March 7 through May 17. Cost is $60.00 + tax per person. To book, call 407-WDW-TOUR (939-8687). Discounts for DVC members, Annual Passholders or Disney VISA members are available.
- The Kinsey Collection - Premiering March 8 at the American Adventure pavilion, see the authentic documents, books, artifacts and rare art including landscapes and flora in one of the largest collections of African American Art.
- Melody Gardens - This new temporary stage at Epcot will host performances by Disney Performing Arts Programs groups.
2013 Flower & Garden Photo Gallery
HGTV Designer Presentations
On the weekends, some of your favorite HGTV and DIY personalities will hit the stage, sharing ideas and tips to help make your home spring to life! At the HGTV Designers’ Stage, be informed and entertained as TV personalities and gardening experts share their advice on how to beautify your living space and help your garden thrive.
Location: On the HGTV Designers Stage at the Festival Center, between Universe of Energy and Mission: SPACE in Future World.
Show Times: Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 12:00 noon and 3:00 p.m., from March 8 to May 19, 2012.
The complete lineup includes:
• March 8-10: NEW! Chris Lambton, Going Yard
”Going Yard for Your Lifestyle”
• March 15-17: NEW! Chris Grundy, DIY Network’s Cool Tools
“Keepin’ It Green with Grundy”
• March 22-24: NEW! Egypt Sherrod, host of Property Virgins
“Getting the Inside Scoop on HGTV’s Top Home Features for 2013″
• March 29-31: Brandon Johnson, My Yard Goes Disney
“Bringing More Disney Inspiration and HGTV Design to Your Backyard”
• April 5-7: Meg Caswell, Meg’s Great Rooms
“Discovering Design Tips to Personalize Your Space & Make a Good Room Great”
• April 12-14: Jason Cameron, DIY Network’s Desperate Landscapes and
“Desperate Landscapes . . . Where Do We Grow from Here?”
• April 19-21: NEW! Sara Peterson, Editor-in-Chief, HGTV Magazine
“Boosting Your Curb Appeal! 25 Easy Ideas from Front Doors to Flower Pots”
• April 26-28: Carter Oosterhouse, Million Dollar Rooms
“Million Dollar Trends”
• May 3-5: NEW! Casey Noble, Design on a Dime
“Creating Luxury Hotel Floral Arrangements in Your Home”
• May 10-12: Dan Faires, HGTV.com, DanMade
“Easy Ideas for Creating a Designer Garden”
• May 17-19: NEW! David Bromstad, HGTV Design Star, ColorSplash, Design
“The Power of Color”
Presentations by HGTV and DIY Network stars and all gardening programs and exhibits are included with admission to the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival.
For the first time, Epcot chefs will cook up festival food and beverage fun, with 12 specialty themed Garden Marketplaces offering food and drink along the park’s World Showcase promenade. Chefs are tweaking the menu to include a variety of garden-inspired and global tastes. Smokehouse Barbecue and Brews will have a wood burning smoker on stage smoking the pig for their pulled pig sliders. And don't forget to stop by Pineapple Promenade for some authentic Dole Whip with spiced rum. Price average from $4 - $6 per dish. As with the Epcot Epcot Food & Wine Festival, many of the marketplace menu items below will be available for snack credits on the Disney Dining Plan.
A new mini Disney Gift Card with an exclusive Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival design is available for a limited time during the festival. The Disney Gift Card can be activated with as little as $5. Wear it around your and just swipe to pay for food and more. The Disney Gift Card can be reloaded as many times as you want at most festival kiosks.
A complimentary Flower and Garden Festival Passport will be available to be stamped at each Garden Marketplace visited for the perfect scrapbook souvenir. Each marketplace will have its own unique stamp design.
New Festival Farms are located round the Garden Marketplaces. Each marketplace will feature a produce and herb garden to represent the more than 50 marketplace beverage choices and more than 30 food items featured at the marketplaces. Discover the plants that help make up the delicious food and beverages available only during the Festival.
Do you think you can get your kids to try watermelon salad with pickled red onions? Or a Moroccan sweet pancake? The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival chefs have chosen some fun dishes to encourage youngsters to try something new as part of Disney’s TRYit campaign. You’ll see TRYit dishes all throughout the World Showcase Promenade. The festival is a fun way to try small bites of something new.
Here are menus and the locations, working clockwise around World Showcase Promenade, beginning at World Showcase Plaza.
According to official sources, the top-five best-selling dishes at this year’s event are:
- Pork Slider (BBQ & Brews Kiosk)
- Beef Brisket (BBQ & Brews Kiosk)
- Potato Pancake (Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market)
- Shrimp & Grits (Florida Fresh marketplace)
- Salmon-Cottage (The Cottage: Savories, Trifles and Tea)
• - Denotes TRYit item
R - Denotes MouseForLess recommended "favorite" dish or beverage
*S - Denotes Snack on the Disney Dining Plan
Available at Most Garden Marketplaces throughout World Showcase
• Seagram's Orange Citrus Sparkling Water - $2.75 *S
• Minute Maid Light Lemonade - $2.75 *S
• Honest Kids Super Fruit Punch - $2.75 *S
• Dasani Water - $2.50*S
Fruits By the Glass - World Showcase Plaza
• Watermelon Passion Fruit Cocktail with Cane Vodka - $7.50 R
• Wild Berry Slush- Non Alcoholic - $2.50 *S
• Sea Dog Blue Paw Wild Blueberry Beer - $3 6oz; $5.50 12oz
• Mango Mama, Mango Wine from Florida Orange Groves - $3.25
• Blueberry Blue, Blueberry Wine from Florida Orange Groves - $3.50
• New Planet 3R Raspberry Ale - Gluten Free - $6.75
• DeLoach Vineyards Heritage Reserve Chardonnay - $3
• DeLoach Vineyards Heritage Reserve Pinot Noir - $3.25
Florida Fresh - Adjacent to Mexico
Featured Plantings: bell pepper, white corn and orange
• Watermelon Salad with pickled Red Onions, Baby Arugula, Feta Cheese and Balsamic Reduction - $3.50 *S R
• Shrimp and Stone Ground Grits with Andouille Sausage, Zellwood Corn, Tomatoes and Cilantro - $5.50 *S R
• Angel Food Cake with macerated Florida Berries - $3.25 *S
• Hot Sun Tomato Wine from Florida Orange Groves - $3 R
• 40 Karat Wine from Florida Orange Groves - $3
• Orange Blossom Pilsner from Orange Blossom in Orlando, FL - $3 6oz; $5.50 12oz
• Strawberry Slush - Non Alcoholic - $2.50 *S
Jardin De Fiestas - Mexico
Featured Plantings: corn, jalapeño peppers, prickly pear cactus and agave
• Tostada de Jaiba - Crab Tostadas with Chipotle Mayo and Valentina Salsa - $5.50 *S R
• Tacos de Carnitas - Pork Tacos topped with Tamarindo Salsa, served on a flour tortilla with Chicharron - $4.95 *S
• Flan de Guayaba - Guava Custard - $3.50 *S
• Conga Fruit Punch - Non Alcoholic - $3.75 *S
• Rosita Margarita - $8.50
• Organic Tequila Flight (Blanco, Reposado, Anejo) - $13
• Corona Light Draft Beer Mexican Beer - $8.25
Lotus House - China
Featured Plantings: taro, strawberry and tea
• Beijing-Style Candied Strawberries - $3.50 *S
• Spring Pancake with Grilled Chicken and Green Apple - $4.50 *S R
• Pan-Fried Vegetable Bun - $3.75 *S
• Peach-Oolong Bubble Tea - $4.75 *S R
• Kung Fu Punch - Vodka and Triple Sec with Mango and Orange Juice - $7.50
• South Sea Storm - Guava with Light and Dark Rum - $7.50
• Plum Wine - $5
• Tsing - Tao Beer - Chinese Beer - $6.50
• Lychee Aerated Water - $2.95 *S
• Peach Aerated Water - $2.95 *S
Bauermarkt: Farmer's Market - Adjacent to Germany
Featured Plantings: potato, mustard and elderberry
• Savory Bread Pudding with Spring Peas and Wild Mushroom Ragout - $3.75 *S
• German Meatloaf Sandwich with Sweet Mustard and Fried Shallots - $3.75 *S R
• Potato Pancakes with house made Apple Sauce - $2.75 $3.75 *S
• Hugo - Charles De Fere "Organic" Brut with Elderflower and Mint - $6.50
• Florida Avenue American Wheat Ale - $3.50 60z; $6.75 12oz
• Krombacher Hefeweizen - $3.50 60z; $6.75 12oz
• Goose Island Brewing Company's Honker Ale - $3.50 60z; $6.75 12oz
• Blue Point's Toasted Lager - $3.50 60z; $6.75 12oz
• Beer Flight - Four 6oz. Servings - $13
Primavera Kitchen - Italy
Featured Plantings: lemon, basil and tomato
• Asparagi con Aragosta all'Ortolana - Green asparagus, lobster, garden cocktail sauce $7.75 *S R
• Lasagna Primavera - Spinach Lasagna, green peas, zucchini, mushrooms, broccolini, béchamel and fresh tomatoes, with garlic and basil leaves - $6 *S R
• Panna Cotta al Limoncello - Limoncello flavored Panna Cotta with wild berries - $5 *S R
• Fontana Candida, Pinot Grigio - $8
• Castello di Querceto, Chianti - $8
• Bosco del Merlo, Prosecco - $10
• White Peach Bellini - $11
• Strawberry Rossini - $11
• Italian Primavera Cocktail - $11
• Birrificio Del Ducato - Nuova Mattina (Spring Saison Ale) - $10
• Birrificio Le Baladin - Nora (Specialty Ale) - $1
• Birra Del Borgo - Rubus Lamponi (Specialty Wild Fruit Ale) - $10
• Italian Beer Flight - $15
The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews - The American Adventure
Featured Plantings: live oak, collard greens, cabbage and jalapeño peppers
• Pulled Pig Slider with Cole Slaw $5.50 *S
• Smoked Beef Brisket with Collard Greens and Jalapeno Corn Bread - $6.75 *S R
• Rocky Road Brownie Mousse - $3 *S R
• The Original Rib Shack Red Wine - $3
• Mama's Little Yella Pils from Oskar River Blues in Lyons, Co (Pilsner Czech style) - $3.50 60z; $6.75 12oz
• Liberty Ale from Anchor Brewing Co. in San Francisco, CA (India Pale Ale) - $3.50 60z; $6.75 12oz
• Red Ale from Orlando Brewing in Orlando, FL (Red Ale - Organic) - $3.50 60z; $6.75 12oz
• Blackwater Porter from Orlando Brewing Company in Orlando, FL (Stout - Organic) - $3.50 60z; $6.75 12oz
• Beer Flight - $13
Hanami - Japan
Featured Plantings: yuzu, ginger and coconut
• Frushi - Fresh strawberries, pineapple and cantaloupe, rolled with coconut rice, atop a raspberry sauce sprinkled with toasted coconut and whipped cream - $4.50 *S R
• Chirashi Hanazushi- Grilled shrimp, salmon and crab stick over ginger rice with Volcano and Dynamite sauce - $6 *S
• YakiSoba Pan - Grilled vegetables with Japanese noodles and teriyaki on a bun with mayonnaise and Beni Shoga - $4 *S
• Green Tea Flan - Silky custard with macha green tea and caramel glaze - $4.50 *S
• Yuzu Rita - Frozen blend of Tequila, triple sec, lemon and lime juice with a hint of Yuzu - $8.50
• Fruit Saki - Peach infused sake - $8.50
• Hana Awaka Sake - Sparkling and refreshingly sweet Sake - $8.50
• Frozen Kirin Ichiban - - Innovative draught with a refreshing Frozen Foam topping - $8.50
Taste of Marrakesh - Morocco
Featured Plantings: mint, parsley, pepper and pomegranate
• Spiced Lamb Kebab with couscous salad - $5 *S R
• Harissa and Lemon Confit Chicken Drumettes with chermoula and cucumber salad - $5 *S
• Baghrir - Moroccan sweet pancake with honey, almonds and Argan oil - $3 *S R
• Desert Rose - $6
• White Sangria - $5
• Guerrouane Red Wine - $4
• Casa Beer - Moroccan Beer - $6
• Mint Iced Tea - $3 *S
L'Orangerie - France
Featured Plantings: eggplant, peach, rosemary and tomato
• Tarte à la ratatouille et fromage de chévre - Zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, onions and tomato with goat cheese - $4.50 *S
• Terrine Campagnarde, baguette et compote de cerises - Country style pâté served with baguette and cherry compote - $4.75 *S
• Verrine charlotte au péches - Caramalized peaches and rosemary and light vanilla cream - $5 *S
• La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush - Grey Goose Vodka Orange, St. Germain liquor with White & Red Cranberry Juice - $9.75 R
• Chardonnay, White Burgundy, Macon Village Georges Duboeuf - $5.75
• Cabernet Sauvignon, Bordeaux Beau-Rivage - $5
• Muscat Pétillant, Sparkling Muscat Charles de Fére - $7.50
• Kronenbourg Blanc 1664, Fruity White Beer with Citrus Notes - $7
The Cottage: Savories, Trifles and Tea - United Kingdom
Featured Plantings: chocolate, potato, kumquat and tomato
• Potato, Chive and Cheddar Cheese Biscuit with Smoked Salmon Tartare and Sour Cream - $4.25 *S
• Baked Goat's Brie with Kumquat Chutney - $4.50 *S R
• Waterkist Farms Heirloom Tomatoes with house-made Mozzarella, Minus 8 Vinegar and Basil - $3.50 *S
• Chocolate Trifle - $1.50 *S
• Berry Trifle - $1.50 *S
• Ginger and Tea Trifle - $1.50 *S
• Trio of Trifles - $3.75 *S
• Assorted Hot Teas (Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Lemon Green Tea, Jasmine Green Tea, Spiced Apple Chai, Pumpkin Chai, Mixed Berry Black Tea, Pomegranate and Raspberry, Camomile Honey & Vanilla, Honeybush, Mandarin and Orange, Pure Peppermint, Lemon & Ginger) - $2 *S
• Peach Cold Brewed Iced Tea - $2 *S
• Mixed Berries Cold Brewed Iced Tea - $2 *S
• Poema Cava Brut Rosé Sparkling Wine - $5.25
• Chilled Rose Blush Lemonade - Non Alcoholic - $2 *S
Pineapple Promenade - Adjacent Canada
• Dole Whip Pineapple Soft Serve - $4 *S R
• Dole Whip with Siesta Key Spiced Rum - $6.25
• Pineapple Upside Down Cake - $2.75 *S R
• Dole Pineapple Fruit Cup - $1.50 *S
• Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade - Non Alcoholic $2.50 *S
• Samuel Adams Cream Stout Beer - $6.25
Intermissions Cafe - Festival Center
This venue if not one of the 12 Garden Marketplace kiosks
• Beet Lollipop - Roasted red and golden beets and cream cheese filling $0.99 *S
• Grapes - $3.39 *S
• Fruit & Cheese Plate - $6.49
• Vegan Trio $6.19
• Southwest Chicken Wrap - $6.99
• Tuna Salad with Pita - $6.99
• Italian Salad - $8.99
• Asian Tuna Salad with Noodles - $10.49
• New Planet 3R Raspberry Ale - Gluten Free - $6.25
• Blue Point's Spring Fling - $6.25
• Florida Orange Groves, Mango Mama, Mango Wine - $3
• Florida Orange Groves, Blueberry Blue, Blueberry Wine - $3.25
• DeLoach Vineyards Heritage Reserve Chardonnay - $2.75
• DeLoach Vineyards Heritage Reserve Pinot Noir - $3
• Poema Cava Brut Rosé - $5
Festival Center Highlights
At the Festival Center, guests can shop for festival merchandise, attend demonstrations and get ideas and tips from master gardeners, and enjoy delicious refreshments. Located in Future World between Universe of Energy and Mission:SPACE, the Festival Center open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Highlights include:
- Intermissions Cafe - Enjoy fine wines by the glass, cold sandwiches, salads and light snacks.
- HGTV Theater - Daily 10 a.m - 5 p.m.
Showing HGTV segments and a film titled "Making of the Festival". Show times are continuous daily shows
- Ask an Expert - Daily 10 a.m - 5 p.m.
Get your gardening questions answered by master gardeners from the Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences at the University of Florida. Show times are continuous daily shows
- Greenhouse Stage - Daily 11 a.m - 2 p.m.
See local gardening experts and Disney Cast Members as they share tips and secrets you can plant in your own garden. Visit the Festival Center for daily topics or view the April Festival Guide Map for April 1 - 30 schedules.
- Planting Pointers - 1 p.m and 4 p.m.
Get great gardening ideas from the gardening experts at the Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences at the University of Florida. Visit the Festival Center for daily topics. Show times are on select days, from March 6 to May 19, 2012.
- Heritage of Disney Horticulture - 10 a.m and 5 p.m.
See how Disney’s Horticulture grew from Walt’s vision at Disneyland Park into the award winning vistas at Walt Disney World Resort today!
- HGTV Designers' Stage - Monday - Thursday 12 p.m. and 3 p.m.
Informative and entertaining presentations from locally and nationally recognized garden personalities. Visit the Festival Center for daily topics or view the April Festival Guide Map for April 1 - 30 schedules.
- HGTV Designers' Stage - Friday - Sunday 12 p.m. and 3 p.m.
Presentations by HGTV personalities. After presentations, designers may greet guests and sign books. Click here for the complete March 8 - May 19 lineup.
Special Festival Events
Tables in Wonderland Flower Power Happy Hour
Where: American Adventure Parlor at Epcot
When: Friday, April 19, 2013 6:00pm
Cost: $50.00 per person, plus tax. Gratuity is included
Join your fellow Tables in Wonderland members for a cocktail hour at American Adventure Parlor. Hors D’Oeuvres, Beer, Wine, and Specialty Beverages will be served. Then move to America Gardens Theatre where you'll have reserve seating or Village People show at the Flower Power Concert Series followed by a reserve viewing area for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. This event is limited to 60 Guests, and is exclusive to Tables in Wonderland members. You must show your valid Tables in Wonderland ticket to gain entrance into the event. For more information watch your email for your Table's in Wonderland email or visit our Table's in Wonderland page.
2013 Flower & Garden merchandise destinations are located in the Festival Center and around the World Showcase promenade. New and returning artisans that will be taking part in the festivities from 11 a.m.–9 p.m., each day include: Just Plumerias, Elemental Nursery, Swaying in the Breeze, Rinse, Silver Designer Corp., Eye Catchers and Heather French. Consult the March Festival Guide Map for locations.
In 2012, Disney introduced artwork that featured Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck as topiaries. The artwork was incredibly popular with guests, so Disney added a Minnie Mouse topiary to the mix for this year's Festival. You can find her image on apparel, a reusable tote bag and a new coffee mug (look inside the mug for a cool detail). Don’t forget to ask for your Annual Pass discount!
Disney-inspired handbags and accessories by Vera Bradley will bloom this fall at Disney Parks. Known for their stylish quilted cotton luggage, handbags and accessories, Vera Bradley has been infusing color into all aspects of women’s lives for more than 30 years. The new Disney-inspired patterns have names, which is something Vera Bradley does for all of their patterns. The black pattern is called “Midnight with Mickey,” while the pink pattern is named “Just Mousing Around.” These patterns will be seen on duffel bags, totes, cosmetic bags and more, sold in the parks this fall. If you plan on visiting the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, you can stop by the Festival Center to get a first look at the bags on display.
Disney continues its “Year of the Ear” celebration as part of Limited Time Magic with the release of the new Strawberry Ear Hat. Beginning April 1, this sweet hat will be available at select locations at Epcot, including the Festival Center located between Mission: SPACE and Universe of Energy.
Festival Fun Facts
- 30 million blooms blanket the park throughout the festival.
- More than 500,000 plants, trees and shrubs are planted for the festival; 250,000 of those are annual blossoms installed for the festival.
- Festival plants include 60 different species of trees, 47 types of palms, and 48 varieties of bedding plants.
- 30 “flower towers” of several varieties of blooms and plants line Innoventions Plaza.
- 225 floating mini-gardens, each three feet in diameter, of multi-hued impatiens provide splashes of color on two ponds that border the walkway between Future World and World Showcase.
- 700 container gardens of flowers, herbs, plants and vegetables in clay pots, barrels and urns enhance the landscape throughout Epcot.
- 150 hands-on gardening demonstrations and seminars will be presented.
- 400 Walt Disney World horticulturists are needed to install the festival landscape, topiaries and many exhibits; 100 Epcot horticulturists maintain topiaries and other festival displays.
- It takes more than one full year and about 24,000 cast member hours to prepare for the annual festival.
For the latest Epcot Flower and Garden Festival updates, guests may also visit DisneyWorld.com.
Call your travel agent or contact The Magic For Less Travel at (888) 330-6201 to book your Walt Disney World travel during this event.