2015 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
March 4 - May 17, 2015
The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is a 75-day spring special event filled with Disney character topiaries, a colorful array of flowers, gardens, live music, special presentations and garden marketplaces featuring festival taste treats. It's where Disney springs to life!
Disney gardeners will paint the landscape with rainbows of blooms while Epcot chefs tempt guests with marketplace tastes during the 22nd Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival March 4 – May 17, 2015, at Walt Disney World Resort.
Epcot admission is required. Most Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival events, including all gardening programs and exhibits, are included with admission to Epcot.
Additional 2015 Festival info will be added as it becomes available
2015 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival Information
New for 2015
Garden Rocks Concert Series
The Flower Power Concert Series transforms into the Garden Rocks Concert Series in 2015. New acts will include the Gin Blossoms, Pablo Cruise, En Vogue, Jon Secada, Taylor Dayne, and Little River Band. Past favorites returning to the American Gardens Theatre are Starship, The Orchestra (members of ELO), The Village People, The Guess Who, , and Herman's Hermits.
Concerts are held each weekend evening at 5:30, 6:45, and 8:00 p.m. See the complete line-up.
The front entry of Epcot will include Chip and Dale this year. Also, the World Showcase Plaza will feature a garden vignette from the world of 'Frozen' and will be home to Anna and Elsa topiaries.
Ten new mini-gardens will be added to the festival. There will also be a southwest garden showcasing dessert landscapes.
Between the France and Morocco pavillions will be a news Outdoor Kitchen with treats such as Cachapas with Farmer's Cheese, a sweet yellow corn pancake, and Seafood Veciche with shrimp, scallops and grouper with mango and avocado. Beverages will include a non-alcophic punch, La Tizana, which can also have a spash of orange liquer for an adult twist.
Topiaries and Garden Displays
You'll find 70 Disney character topiaries among the over 100 topiaries arranged throughout Epcot. Also look for more than 200 floating mini-gardens, dozens of flower towers and sweeping beds of multi-colored blooms. At themed flower and garden displays you'll learn new tips and techniques that you can try at home.
The following character topiaries can found throughout Epcot:
- Anna and Elsa – World Showcase Plaza (New!)
- Goofy About Spring – Featuring Goofy, Chip 'n Dale and friends near the Main Enterance (New!)
- Miss Piggy & Tou de Fleurs Garden – Italy Pavilion (New!)
- Spring Is in the Air! – butterfly topiaries near Spaceship Earth
- Disney*Pixar Buzz Lightyear – Mission Space
- The Living Desert Road Rally (play area featuring Mater and Lightning McQueen) – Test Track Walkway
- Fantasia – West Future World
- Phineas and Ferb – Odyssey Bridge
- Farmer Mickey & Minnie – between Future World and World Showcase
- Bambi & Friends – Canada Pavilion
- Peter Pan, Captain Hook & Tic Toc Crock – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Aurora & Prince Phillip – France Pavilion
- Beauty and the Beast – France Pavilion
- Disney*Pixar Wood – American Adventure
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs – Germany Pavilion
- Lady and the Tramp – Italy Pavilion
- The Lion King (Mufasa, Pumbaa, Rafiki, Sarabi, Simba and Timon) – The Outpost
- Cinderella & Prince Charming – France Pavilion
- Year of the Ram – China Pavilion
- Troll – Norway Pavilion
If you see a QR code like the one pictured here while viewing a topiary or garden, scan it to learn more information about the display.
You may already be familiar with the miniature trains that operate daily in Germany. But, when you visit the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival, take a close look! The little town in the display is having a festival of its own!
Did you know that you can get an excellent overview of the Flower and Garden Festival from the Epcot Monorail? Some of the floating gardens in the waterway under the monorail even have LED lights. Many of the flower beds, playgrounds, topiaries also are illuminated. Plus, colorful flower beds designed to look like butterflies surround the waterway under the monorail. Even if you weren't planning to ride the Epcot monorail, consider taking the ride for a unique view, day or night, that you won't get otherwise.
English Tea Garden
Presented by Twinings of London Tea, discover the art and history of tea blending during a free 20-minute tour of this elegant English Tea Garden, featuring classic and new tea blends. Tours are typically held Monday through Thursday at 3:45 p.m. and 6:15 p.m., and Friday through Sunday at 1:00 a.m., 3:45 p.m. and 6:15 p.m.. Register in advance for your guided tour at The Tea Caddy located at the United Kingdom Pavilion on the day of the tour. You will be given a ticket for your tour that you can exchange at the end of the tour for several free tea packets. You'll also get the opportunity to sample several cold brew teas. Sign up early as it fills up fast!
Select Disney topiaries and Festival playgrounds will glow with light as the Flower & Garden fun continues into the night.
Follow the story of the Monarch butterfly as it journeys across the continent. Guests will see butterflies emerge from their chrysalis and enjoy hundreds of butterflies living in the Butterfly House.
Festival fun includes special displays and interactive areas for kids.
- Race car Lightning McQueen and tow truck "Mater" of the Disney-Pixar film Cars 2 will be the well-maintained topiary stars of the Disney-Pixar Cars "Mater's Parts, Plants & Play Garden" on the walkway near Test Track. Geared toward children ages 5 to 12, look for a series of car-parts games on the walkway, as well as playground equipment and a pair of climbing rocks.
- Mike and Sulley’s "Monstrous Garden" (the largest children's play area) will feature a play land of activities, including tunnels, slides and interactive games for children ages 2 to 5 and a net climber for older children ages 5 to 12; There's even a shaded area for parents to sit and relax.
See how green your thumb can be as some of the nation's top designers help you plan everything from planting your first garden to enhancing your home. With expert advice from HGTV and DIY designers and Epcot gardening experts, you're sure to be inspired!
Themed Weekends and Special Happenings
See what’s in bloom and be sure to keep an eye out because several of our beloved Disney artists will be on hand for special appearances and signings throughout the festival.
- March 6-8: Visit hands-on presentations on the Greenhouse Stage: 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Demonstrations on the Fresh Epcot State 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- March 13-15:Visit hands-on presentations on the Greenhouse Stage: 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Demonstrations on the Fresh Epcot State 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- March 16-17: "St. Patrick's Day Celebration at the American Adventure pavilion
- March 20-22: Meet specialists from Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park. Visit hands-on presentations on the Greenhouse Stage: 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Demonstrations on the Fresh Epcot State 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- March 27 – 29: Celebrate "Art in the Garden Weekend" at World Showcase each day along the promenade. From 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., see nature through the eyes of "Plein Air" artists as guests artists booths are open thoughtout World Showcase. Visit hands-on presentations on the Greenhouse Stage: 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Demonstrations on the Fresh Epcot State 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- April 3-5: Visit hands-on presentations on the Greenhouse Stage: 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Demonstrations on the Fresh Epcot State 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- April 10-12: Visit hands-on presentations on the Greenhouse Stage: 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Demonstrations on the Fresh Epcot State 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- April 17-22: Look for special "Earth Day Weekend" activities such as specialists from Disney's Animal Kingdom (4/17-19). On April 22, learn about conservation efforts to protect coral reefs, sea turtles and sharks at the Seas with Nemo & Friends and see the reveal of the sand sculpture base on the Disneynature film Monkey Kingdom.
- April 24-26: It's Florida Fresh weekend! Daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., find out about Florida agriculture at the Festival Center.
- May 1-3: Experience the tropical beauty of the hibiscus show. Visit hands-on presentations on the Greenhouse Stage: 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Demonstrations on the Fresh Epcot State 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- May 8-10: Visit hands-on presentations on the Greenhouse Stage: 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Demonstrations on the Fresh Epcot State 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- May 15-17: Visit hands-on presentations on the Greenhouse Stage: 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Demonstrations on the Fresh Epcot State 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.Concert Series
New for 2015, the Flower Power Concert Series transporms into Garden Rocks. Each weekend during the Flower & Garden Festival, bands will perfom live music at the American Gardens Theatre. During opening weekend, the series kicks off with fan-favorite band the Gin Blossoms on March 6-8, 2015. New acts are also on the schedule for this year’s Garden Rocks Concert Series: Pablo Cruise ("Love Will Find a Way"), En Vogue ("Free Your Mind"), Jon Secada ("Just Another Day"), and Taylor Dayne ("Tell It to My Heart"). You'll find a different artist every weekend during the festival at the America Gardens Theatre. See the Entire Concert Lineup.
The Gardens of the World Tour
Be treated to fanciful floral displays on this 3-hour tour held only during the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival on Monday, Tuesday, Thusday & Friday from 9 a.m. to noon. A disney Horticulturist will be your host on a tour of special displays and award-winning international gardens. The tour cost $64.00 + tax per person and guests must be age 16 and up. To book, call 407-WDW-TOUR (939-8687) or register at Guest Relations. Discounts for DVC members, or Disney VISA members are available.
Flower & Garden Photo Gallery From 2014 Festival
After debuting at the 2013 festival, the Outdoor Kitchens marketplaces will return with new and favorite menu items. Prices average from $4 - $6 per dish. As with the Epcot Epcot Food & Wine Festival, many of the marketplace menu items will be available for snack credits on the Disney Dining Plan.
Each country will have a kiosk with food and beverages highlighting produce growing in the areas nearby and making the connection of food from field to table. Last year’s top menu picks such as the Watermelon Salad with local baby arugula, feta cheese, pickled red onions and balsamic reduction will be back for an encore at the Florida Fresh marketplace. You'll want to look for all of the outdoor kitchen locations at World Showcase.
Look for new mini Disney Gift Cards with exclusive Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival designs to debut for a limited time during the festival. The Disney Gift Cards fcan be activated with as little as $5. Wear it around your wrist and just swipe to pay for food and more. The Disney Gift Card can be reloaded as many times as you want at most festival kiosks. When the festival is over, you can continue using your card since, like all Disney Gift Cards, it’s good for practically all things Disney at the Walt Disney World Resort and beyond.
In addition to the the Epcot guide map located near the entrance of the park, a complimentary Flower and Garden Festival Garden Passport will also be available to be stamped at each Garden Marketplace you visit. Each marketplace will have its own unique stamp design, making the Garden Passport the perfect scrapbook souvenir. Pick up your Garden Passport at the Festival Center, Flower & Garden merchandise locations or any Outdoor Kitchens to ensure you see and do everything the Flower and Garden Festival has to offer.
Festival Center Highlights
At the Festival Center, guests can shop for festival merchandise, attend demonstrations and get ideas and tips from master gardeners, and enjoy delicious refreshments. Located in Future World between Universe of Energy and Mission:SPACE, the Festival Center open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Highlights typically include:
- Intermissions Cafe - Enjoy fine wines by the glass, cold sandwiches, salads and light snacks.
- Planting Pointers - Daily at 1 p.m. and 4 p.m.
Get great gardening ideas from the gardening experts at the Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences at the University of Florida. Visit the Festival Center for daily topics. Show times are on select days.
- Greenhouse Stage - Daily at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
See local gardening experts and Disney Cast Members as they share tips and secrets you can plant in your own garden. Visit the Festival Center for daily topics.
Flower & Garden merchandise destinations are located in the Festival Center and around the World Showcase promenade. New and returning artisans will be taking part in the festivities. Consult your Festival Guide Map for locations.
For pin traders, topiaries also found their way onto new pins created especially for this year’s Festival.
Festival Fun Facts
- 30 million blooms blanket the park throughout the festival.
- More than 500,000 plants, trees and shrubs are planted for the festival; 250,000 of those are annual blossoms installed for the festival.
- Festival plants include 60 different species of trees, 47 types of palms, and 48 varieties of bedding plants.
- 30 “flower towers” of several varieties of blooms and plants line Innoventions Plaza.
- 225 floating mini-gardens, each three feet in diameter, of multi-hued impatiens provide splashes of color on two ponds that border the walkway between Future World and World Showcase.
- 700 container gardens of flowers, herbs, plants and vegetables in clay pots, barrels and urns enhance the landscape throughout Epcot.
- 150 hands-on gardening demonstrations and seminars will be presented.
- 400 Walt Disney World horticulturists are needed to install the festival landscape, topiaries and many exhibits; 100 Epcot horticulturists maintain topiaries and other festival displays.
- It takes more than one full year and about 24,000 cast member hours to prepare for the annual festival.
For the latest Epcot Flower and Garden Festival updates, guests may also visit DisneyWorld.com.
Call your travel agent or contact The Magic For Less Travel at (888) 330-6201 to book your Walt Disney World travel during this event.Top