Pet Accommodations at Walt Disney World
Note: this page deals with options for pet accommodations. If you are looking for information related to service animals, please visit this page.
Many families with furry or four-legged members will face the question of what do with their pets during their Walt Disney World vacation. For those who choose to bring their pets to Orlando, Disney has a few pet accommodations options to help.
Dog Friendly Resorts at Walt Disney World
Beginning on October 15, 2017, Walt Disney World is offering a pilot program at some select hotels to allow guests to bring their dogs to stay with them. The participating hotels, and nightly rates, are:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort ($50 per night)
- Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort ($50 per night)
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort ($75 per night)
- Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort ($50 per night)
Up to two dogs per room are allowed, and dogs must be well behaved, leashed in public areas, and have up to date vaccinations. Additionally, dog accommodations will be limited to small and specific parts of each participating hotel. For maps of the dog relief areas for each of these resorts, visit here. For further information about the Dog Policies at Walt Disney World Resort, click here.
At check in, each dog will get Pluto’s Welcome Kit, which includes a mat, bowls, a pet ID tag, plastic disposable bags, puppy pads, and dog walking maps, as well as a special “Do Not Disturb” door hanger to notify hotel staff of the pet’s presence.
Pet “day care” services can also be arranged through the Best Friends Pet Care (see below).
For more information, guests should call 407-W-DISNEY.
Best Friends Pet Care
Best Friends Pet Care is a national company specializing in a wide range of pet services that is an official on-site partner of the Walt Disney World Resort. The site itself is at 2510 Bonnet Creek Parkway, Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830 (close to Port Orleans – Riverside).
If you want to make a reservation, you should visit either their website or call them at 407-209-3126.
Boarding and Day Care
Best Friends offers a variety of types of pet accommodations for cats, dogs, and even “pocket pets” like hamsters and rabbits.
Cats are housed in a separate wing of the facility, protected from the sights, sounds, and smells of dogs. They can get either a two or four level “kitty condo” for either general boarding or day care. Rates are:
- Two Level Kitty Condo ($28 Standard, $26 Disney Resort Guest, $26 Day Care)
- Four Level Kitty Condo ($40 Standard, $38 Disney Resort Guest, $35 Day Care)
- Playtime ($8)
- Cookies and Milk ($3)
- Tuna on a Ritz ($3)
- Activity Toy ($3)
- Deluxe Kitty Bed ($5)
Dogs have options including indoor, indoor/outdoor, villa, and VIP rooms. Rates are:
- Indoor boarding – includes two potty walks ($44 Standard, $41 Disney Resort Guest, $37 Day Care)
- Indoor/Outdoor 2-room boarding – includes one potty walk ($49 Standard, $45 Disney Resort Guest, $40 Day Care)
- Vacation Villa boarding – includes one potty walk, playgroup, a flatscreen TV, and a turndown biscuit ($75 Standard, $69 Disney Resort Guest, $75 Day Care)
- VIP Luxury Suite boarding – includes two potty walks, two playgroups, a flastscreen TV, webcam, bedtime story, and a go home fresh shampoo service after at least three nights ($91 Standard, $83 Disney Resort Guest, $91 Day Care)
- Play and Stay – Four hours of play with other dogs ($22)
- Playgroup – 30 minutes of play with other dogs ($15)
- Playtime – 10 minutes of play with an associate ($8)
- Cuddletime ($8)
- Walk and Explore ($8)
- Bedtime Story ($6)
- Ice Cream Break ($4)
- Holiday Meal ($5)
- Premium Bed ($5)
For smaller animals, like hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits, and ferrets, pet parents must provide their own housing/cage and all supplies. Rates are:
- Small ($13 Standard, $11 Resort Guest)
- Medium ($17 Standard, $15 Resort Guest)
- Large ($22 Standard, $20 Resort Guest)
- Extra Large ($25 Standard, $23 Resort Guest)
All pets must show proof of up to date vaccinations before arrival – please contact Best Friends for specifics on requirements and documentation.
Doggy Day Camp
A great option for those who don’t need full boarding is the Doggy Day Camp. At $27 per day (with a discount for buying multiple sessions), dogs can play in a supervised social setting (viewable by webcam). Each dog is “interviewed” by staff first and must be up to date on vaccinations.
Pets can also get a full range of salon services, from simple shampoo to fancy “pawdicures” or flea treatment and tooth brushing. Contact the center directly for current rates.