The Disney Rewards Visa Card from Chase Bank is Disney’s official rewards credit card, and as such, offers cardholders a variety of Disney discounts, theme park perks, special promotions and advance vacation booking opportunities, and more. While not the best rewards card available, it does present certain advantages for those who enjoy visiting Disney often or for those planning and saving for a Disney vacation far in advance.
Disney Rewards Visa Card & Disney Dream Reward Dollars
The Disney Rewards Visa Card offers Disney Dream Reward Dollars on everyday purchases made with the card.Earn 1% in reward dollars on qualifying card purchases. One Disney Dream Reward Dollar is worth $1 when redeeming for Disney products and offerings. There is no limit to the number of reward dollars you can earn.
Request a Disney Rewards Redemption Card as soon as you have 20 Disney Dream Reward Dollars. Your Disney Rewards Redemption Card is accepted at most Disney locations. Only instead of paying with U.S. dollars, you’re redeeming the Disney Dream Reward Dollars you’ve earned. If you don’t have enough Disney Dream Reward Dollars on your Redemption Card to cover the entire purchase, you can use cash or accepted credit or debit cards to pay for the remaining amount. Reload your Disney Rewards Redemption Card with a minimum of $10 Disney Dream Reward Dollars anytime. You can use your rewards at the Disney Store or DisneyStore.com or on your Disney vacation for things like hotel stays and room charges at Disney Resorts, Annual or Seasonal Park Passes or MYW tickets, Disney Vacation Club annual dues, dining at your favorite Disney restaurant, theme park tours, Disney Cruise Line spa experience or shore excursions, theme park souvenirs, and almost anything Disney.
There is no annual fee on the Disney Rewards Visa Card. The card also offers 0% interest for six months when you or your travel agent books a select Disney vacation packages through the Walt Disney Travel Company or Disney Cruise Line and pay with your Disney Rewards Visa credit card. Not all travel agencies book Disney vacations directly through Disney, so be careful when using a travel agency to book your vacation if you would like to take advantage of the Disney Rewards Visa “no interest of six months” offer. TheMouseForLess recommends The Magic For Less Travel, a Disney-specialized travel agency that uses your credit card to book your vacation directly through Disney. Disney vacations that can qualify for the “no interest of six months” offer are select Walt Disney World Resort Magic Your Way vacation packages, select Disneyland vacation packages, Disney Cruise Line packages, Adventures By Disney packages and Disney’s Hawaiin resort, Aulani, vacation packages. Member Add on in a Disney Vacation Club Resort also qualifies.
Special Offer for New Cardmembers: $50 Disney Gift Card after first use of the credit card
To apply for Disney’s Rewards Visa card, click here or call 1-800-943-8319. If you use the link above, there is usually a special offer for signing up.
Disney’s Premier Visa Card
Disney’s Premier Visa Card from Chase offers customers ways to earn rewards twice as fast for an annual fee of $49. With Disney’s Premier Visa Card, Cardmembers earn 2% in Disney Dream Reward Dollars on card purchases at restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations and most Disney locations at Walt Disney World Resort, the Disneyland Resort, Disney Cruise Line and Disney Store. Cardmembers earn 1% on all other purchases made with the card. In addition to being able to redeem Disney Dream Reward Dollars toward Disney hotel stays, Theme Park tickets, cruises, movie tickets and merchandise, Disney’s Premier Visa Cardmembers can also redeem toward airline travel on any airline to any destination, with no block-out dates. Cardmembers simply buy airline tickets with their card and then pay themselves back by redeeming reward dollars for a credit on their monthly statement. Redemptions start at 50 reward dollars for a $50 airline statement credit toward tickets on any airline to any destination with no blackout dates. Cardmembers can choose from ten magical double-sided card designs featuring some of the most beloved Disney Characters including Sorcerer Mickey, Tinker Bell and Star Wars favorites Darth Vader, Yoda and R2D2 and C3-PO. These custom designs are reserved exclusively for Disney’s Premier Visa Cardmembers.
Special Offer for New Cardmembers: $100 Disney Gift Card after first use of the credit card
Existing Disney Rewards Visa Cardmembers can apply for an upgrade to Disney’s Premier Visa Card at www.upgrademydisneycard.com or by calling the number on the back of their card. For more information or to apply for a new card, please click here or call (888) 752-3788.
Disney Visa Card Perks
Special Walt Disney World Vacation Packages & Early Booking for Disney Promotions
Occasionally Disney Rewards Visa will offer special Disney vacation packages that can only be booked by cardholders, more often though, cardholders are offered select Disney promotions several days before they become available to the general public. Since some of the more popular resorts fill up quickly when deals are offered, this perk can go a long way in ensuring that you get the resort and dates that you want at the special discount or promotional price. If you book with The Magic For Less Travel, just let them know you will be using your card to pay for your vacation package. Your agent will know the code to apply. Plus, your Disney Visa Reward vacation package can be combined with a special booking offer from The Magic For Less Travel, that may save you even more.
Vacation Financing on Select Disney Vacation Packages
Disney Rewards Visa Cardmembers can receive special zero interest vacation financing for 6 months on select Disney Resort packages, all Disney Cruise Line® vacations and Adventures by Disney packages booked through The Walt Disney Travel Company, your travel agent, or online at Disney sites. The special vacation financing benefit is applied to each separate Walt Disney Travel Company or Disney Cruise Line charge that is more than $101 and less than $10,000. In all cases, accommodations and eligible Theme Park tickets must be booked during one transaction and all package components must be charged to Disney Rewards Visa Card prior to arrival. After your promotional APR expires (zero interest for 6 months), your standard purchase APR will apply. For new accounts, the standard purchase APR is 14.24% variable. To qualify for special vacation financing when available, packages must meet the following criteria:
- Walt Disney World packages must include a minimum 1-night stay at a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel and a Magic Your Way Base Ticket, which provides admission to all Walt Disney World Theme Parks, Water Parks and more throughout their stay.
- Disneyland Resort vacation packages must include a minimum 2-night stay at Good Neighbor Hotels offered by the Walt Disney Travel Company and a 3-day or longer Disneyland Resort Park Hopper Ticket that provides admission to Disneyland Park and Disney’s California Adventure Park.
- All Disney Cruise Line vacations are eligible
- All Adventures by Disney packages are eligible
- All Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai’i vacation packages are eligible
- All purchases of a real estate interest in a Disney Vacation Club Resort are eligible
Special Disneyland Hotel Package
Guests who pay for their Disneyland Resort package of 3 days or more with any Disney Visa get a few extra perks that don’t generally come with Disney’s standard vacation package. Visit our Disneyland Discount page to see what’s included. If you book with The Magic For Less Travel, just let them know you will be using your card to pay for your vacation package. Your agent will know the code to apply. Plus, your qualifying Disney Visa Reward vacation package can be combined with a special booking offer from The Magic For Less Travel, that will save you even more.
10% off Disney Store
You can use any Disney Visa card and special promotion code to save 10% every time you spend $50 or more on qualified purchases at DisneyStore.com and Disney Store retail locations in the US. You can also pay for items at these locations using your Disney Rewards Redemption Card. Some restrictions apply.
Special Cardmember Offers
Disney Rewards Visa cardmembers get special offers throughout the year on things like Disney Broadway plays, Disney on Ice shows, Disney Photopass merchandise, and more. Occasionally Disney Visa Cardholders will be offer free admission or discounts on Walt Disney World sporting events at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex or the ability to register early with exclusive savings on Walt Disney World events, such as marathons.
$50 Onboard Credit On A Disney Cruise
Receive a $50 credit to use toward shopping, dining, spa treatments and more during your cruise when you book and pay in full for your Disney cruise with your Disney Visa card and use a special booking code. If you book with The Magic For Less Travel, just let them know you will be using your card to pay for your cruise. Your agent will know the code to apply to make sure that you get your onboard credit. Plus, your Disney Visa Reward onboard credit can be combined with a special onboard booking credit offered from The Magic For Less Travel. Currently this offer is available for any available Disney Cruise Line sailing through December 30, 2016.
Walt Disney World Theme Park Perks
As a Disney Visa Cardmember, you and your family will be treated to a few Theme Park perks not available to the general public every time you visit.
- Character Meet ‘N’ Greet at a private cardmember location at Innoventions West at Epcot. Meet and pose with some of your favorite Disney Characters between 1:30 p.m and 7:00 p.m. any day of the week. Plus, get a complimentary 5 x 7 photo (one per day). Must have a valid Disney Rewards Visa and theme park admission for entry for up to 6 people per card.
- Star Wards Imperial Meet ‘N” Greet beginning December 1, 2015. Offered daily from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Star Wars Launch Bay in the Animation Courtyard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Must present your Disney Visa Card to enter this location.
- 10% off on select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at select locations at Walt Disney World Resort.
- 20% off on select Walt Disney World tours at Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Animal Kingdom. See our WDW Tours & Experiences page to see which qualify.
- 10% off select dining locations at Walt Disney World Resort (restrictions may apply):
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge: Boma, Sanaa, Jiko (see restrictions)
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn Resort: ESPN Sports Club, Flying Fish Cafe (see restrictions)
- Disney’s Caribbean Resort: Shutters at Old Port Royale
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort: The Wave
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground: Trail’s End Restaurant
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort: Citricos (see restrictions), Grand Floridian Café
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort: Olivia’s Cafe
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort: Boatwright’s Dining Hall
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa: Turf Club
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: Artist Point (see restrictions), Whispering Canyon Cafe
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort: Captain’s Grill
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: The Hollywood Brown Derby (see restrictions), Hollywood & Vine (see restrictions)
For locations where it is noted to see restrictions, the discount does not apply to the following dates: 11/26/15, 12/24/15, 12/25/15, 12/31/15, 1/1/16, 2/14/16, 3/27/16, 5/8/16 and 7/4/16. Subject to restaurant operating hours and closures. Restaurant seating is subject to availability.
- 15% Off Select Guided Tours at Walt Disney World Resort. Use your valid Disney Visa Car or Disney Rewards Redemption Card and mention this offer when reserving. Available on non-discounted tour prices. Eligible tours include:
- Magic Kingdom: Disney’s Family Magic Tour, Keys to the Kingdom Tour, The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour, Walt Disney: Marceline to Magic Kingdom Tour
- Epcot: Gardens of the World (offered seasonally), The UnDISCOVERed Future World, Disney’s Dolphins in Depth, Epcot DiveQuest, Epcot Seas Aqua Tour, Behind the Seeds
- Animal Kingdom: Backstage Tales
- Multiple Theme Parks, Backstage Areas and Resort Hotels:
- Ultimate Day at Star Wars™ Weekend VIP Tour
- Ultimate Day of Thrills VIP Tour
- Ultimate Day for Young Families VIP Tour
- Ultimate Day at Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival
- Backstage Magic
- Disney’s Holiday D-Lights Tour (offered seasonally)
- Disney’s Yuletide Fantasy (offered seasonally)
- Wilderness Back Trail Adventure
Discounts are not available on the following tours at Walt Disney World® Resort: VIP tours, programs exclusive to groups, group team building programs.
- 10% Off Select Recreation Experiences including Carriage Rides and Disney’s Port Orleans Resort and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort, Horseback Trail Rides and Fort Wilderness Resort. Use your valid Disney Visa Car or Disney Rewards Redemption Card and mention this offer when reserving.
- 15% off any salon treatments valued at $45 or greater or any 50-minute or longer spa service most days at the spas.
Disneyland Theme Park Perks
As a Disney Visa Cardmember, you and your family will be treated to a few Theme Park perks not available to the general public every time you visit.
- Character Meet ‘N’ Greet at a private cardmember location at Disney California Adventure Park in Hollywood Pictures Backlot. Meet and pose with some of your favorite Disney Characters (typically Minnie Mouse and Stitch) daily from 10:30 am – 1:30 pm. Plus, get a complimentary 5 x 7 photo (one per day). Must have a valid Disney Rewards Visa and theme park admission for entry for up to 6 people per card.
- Star Wars Imperial Meet ‘N” Greet offered daily from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Star Wars Launch Bay in Tomorrowland.
- 10% off on select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at select locations at Disneyland Resort.
- 10% off at select dining locations at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park and Disneyland Resort hotels:
- Big Thunder Ranch
- French Market
- River Belle Terrace
- Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill
- Wine Country Trattoria (Lunch)
- Paradise Garden Grill
- Steakhouse 55 (Breakfast)
- Disney’s PCH Grill (Breakfast and Dinner)
- Storytellers Cafe (Lunch)
- 10% off at select Downtown Disney shopping and dining locations with some restrictions.
- 15% off select guided tours.
- Receive 10% off select merchandise purchases of $50 or more.
Disney’s Vero Beach Resort and Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort
- Receive 10% off select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at select locations.
Disney Visa Debit Card
Disney’s Visa Debit Card is the latest addition to a suite of unique Disney’s Visa Cards offered by Chase. This card, which has no annual fee, gives you access to the same year-round perks at Disney that offered by the reward cards, including a Character Meet ‘N Greet at private Cardmember locations at both Walt Disney World Resort and the Disneyland Resort and special savings at U.S. Disney Theme Parks , Disney Store locations and DisneyStore.com. Disney’s Visa Debit Cardmembers will receive the following year-round perks, including:
- 10% off on select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at DisneyStore.com and Disney Store locations and at select locations at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort
- Access to a private Cardmember location at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort where Cardmembers can meet some of their favorite Disney Characters and receive a complimentary 5 x 7 photo
- 10% off select dining locations at Walt Disney World Resort (meal period restrictions may apply)
- 15% off the non-discounted price of select guided tours
- $50 onboard credit when Cardmembers pay for their Disney Cruise Line vacation in full with their Disney’s Visa® Card and mention this offer. Currently this offer is available for any available Disney Cruise Line sailing through December 30, 2016.
- Access to a dedicated toll-free customer service phone number
At the current time, it does not appear that the 0% APR Vacation Financing or Disney Vacation Club Financing are offered with the Disney Visa Debit card. Nor does the card offer Dream Reward Dollars.
Disney’s Visa Debit Cardmembers will receive the same security and safety benefits as the standard Chase Visa Debit Card, including real-time fraud monitoring, free security alerts, zero liability protection, and guaranteed reimbursement for unauthorized purchases.
Disney’s Visa Debit Card is available now at Chase bank branches or by calling Chase at (800) 935-9935.