Several factors play into getting the best deal on your Disney World vacation. You may want to visit during off-peak times because rates change throughout the year. Check for discounts that may be available during your travel time. A Disney vacation package that includes a Disney Resort Hotel, tickets and maybe even a dining plan could help you save money. The information that follows describes the Disney Resort Hotel Package plus available options.
Check our Current Code Page to see ALL current vacation package discounts. Find promotions for the General Public, Florida Residents, Canadians, Disney Visa Reward Cardholders, and more.
In addition, booking with a professional destination expert and Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, can also help you save time, money and stress! We recommend contacting The Magic for Less Travel for a no-obligation quote and fee-free vacation planning!
Disney Resort Hotel Package
The components of the Disney Resort Hotel vacation package include accommodations, tickets, possibly dining, and magical extras.
Disney Resort Hotel Package reservations are available for reservations at Disney Resort hotel categories. There is no minimum stay required to reserve a vacation package, the longer you stay, however, the more money saved on a per-day basis. Additionally, everyone in the room must book the same package, including the same ticket options.
A Disney Resort Hotel Package includes a Base Ticket. Theme Park tickets valid for admission beginning on date of check-in and must be used within a limited number of days, depending on length of stay and ticket. Base tickets admit guests to one Theme Park per day. You must include at least a 2-day base ticket for each person included in a Disney Resort Hotel vacation package.
Multi-day tickets are valid for admission beginning on the start date selected and must be used within a limited time period.
|Ticket Duration||Valid Use Period|
|2-Day Ticket||Any 2 days within 4 days beginning on start date|
|3-Day Ticket||Any 3 days within 5 days beginning on start date|
|4-Day Ticket||Any 4 days within 7 days beginning on start date|
|5-Day Ticket||Any 5 days within 8 days beginning on start date|
|6-Day Ticket||Any 6 days within 9 days beginning on start date|
|7-Day Ticket||Any 7 days within 10 days beginning on start date|
|8-Day Ticket||Any 8 days within 12 days beginning on start date|
|9-Day Ticket||Any 9 days within 13 days beginning on start date|
|10-Day Ticket||Any 10 days within 14 days beginning on start date|
For example, a 6-Day base ticket with a start date of October1, ticket is valid any 6 days from October 1 – October 9.
Additional Ticket Options
Add-on options for the tickets include:
- Park Hopper Option – visit more than one Theme Park on the same day. With the Park Hopper Option, you can visit multiple Theme Parks each day of your ticket! This option follows the same valid use period in the chart above.
- Water Park and Sports Option – With this option you can visit one Theme Park each day of your ticket. Plus, you get a certain number of visits to a Disney Water Park and other Walt Disney World sports-related fun based on the length of your ticket. For example, a 4-day ticket allows 4 visits and a 5-day ticket allows 5 visits. This option also extends the period of time within which you may use your ticket by one day. For example, a 6-day ticket with the Water Park and Sports Option with a start date of October 1, ticket is valid any 6 days from October 1 – October 10. This ticket allows entry into one of the following: Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon, Disney’s Blizzard Beach, Disney’s Fantasia Garden or Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Courses (before 4:00 p.m.), Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course (with reserved tee time), Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course – FootGolf (available every Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday after 2:30 p.m., subject to availability) or the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
- Park Hopper Plus Option – Visit multiple Theme Parks each day of your ticket! Plus, you get a certain number of visits to a Disney Water Park and other Walt Disney World sports-related fun based on the length of your ticket. For example, a 4-day ticket allows 4 visits and a 5-day ticket allows 5 visits. This option also extends the period of time within which you may use your ticket by one day. For example, a 6-day ticket with the Park Hopper Plus Option with a start date of October 1, ticket is valid any 6 days from October 1 – October 10. This ticket allows entry into one of the following: Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon, Disney’s Blizzard Beach, Disney’s Fantasia Garden or Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Courses (before 4:00 p.m.), Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course (with reserved tee time), Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course – FootGolf (available every Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday after 2:30 p.m., subject to availability) or the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
To enter one of the parks, in addition to valid admission, each Guest is required to make a theme park reservation. When purchasing your tickets, you will be able to also select your theme park reservations for each day of your trip. You may check Theme Park reservation availability prior to purchasing tickets.
The reservation system changes in 2024, however. The Walt Disney World Resort will be removing the theme park reservations for date-based tickets beginning in 2024! This new change goes into effect beginning with park visits starting on January 9, 2024. So, if you’re purchasing tickets and visiting beginning on January 9, 2024, (or later) all you need to do is just purchase tickets and then go! You can visit any of the four Walt Disney World theme parks on any day. This means that if you want to visit EPCOT, that first day, you can. If you planned to visit the Magic Kingdom on the third day, but now want to visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios, you’re good to go. More details about this change can be found in our news section.
Disney Resort Hotel Package Magical Extras
Each Disney Resort Hotel Package includes the following Magical Extras free of charge.
2023 Magical Extras
THINGS TO DO
- Miniature Golf: Four (4) vouchers for miniature golf prior to 4:00 PM at Fantasia Gardens or Winter Summerland
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex: Four (4) general admission vouchers for the ESPN Wide World of Sports. Some events require an additional admission charge. There are no events on certain days. Visit espnwwos.com for more information
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes: Receive 10% off the non-discounted price of bowling (walk-in bowling only), receive 10% on the purchase of food and non-alcoholic beverages (dine-in only), and receive 10% off the non-discounted price of merchandise at Splitsville Luxury Lanes located in Disney Springs West Side.
PLACES TO EAT
- City Works Eatery & Pour House (Disney Springs West Side): 15% off food & non alcoholic beverages.
- Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop: Receive a Complimentary Ghirardelli Chocolate Bar with purchase of any Specialty Sundae at Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop located in Disney Springs Marketplace. Cannot be combined with any other offers.
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company: 20% off entire purchase, excluding alcohol, at these locations: Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Disney Skyliner and Disney Springs The Landing including Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company® store, or purchase online at JOFFERYS.com using coupon code: travel23.
- Paddlefish: Receive a 20% discount on the purchase of food and non-alcoholic beverages. Located in Disney Springs. Not valid with any other discount or promotion.
- Rainforest Cafe: 10% off adult entrees at the Disney Springs and Disney’s Animal Kingdom locations. Not valid with any other discount or promotion.
- T-Rex: 10% off adult entrees. Not valid with any other discount or promotion.
- The Spice & Tea Exchange: Buy 5 items and get the 6th free! Offer only available at The Spice & Tea Exchange located in the Disney Springs Marketplace. One per Guest. Cannot be combined with any other offer, or discount.
- Wetzel’s Pretzels: Buy two pretzels, get one free! Offer only available at Wetzel’s Pretzels located at Disney Springs West Side and Marketplace. Cannot be combined with any other offer, or discount.
PLACES TO SHOP
- Balocoloc Venetian Masks: Receive 10% off your entire purchase. This offer is only available at the Italy World Showcase Pavilion location in EPCOT. Cannot be combined with any other offer, or discount.
- Basin: Receive 10% off your entire purchase, excluding sale items, at Basin at Disney Springs Marketplace or Basin White in Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa.
- Chapel Hats: Receive 15% off entire purchase at Chapel Hats located at Disney Springs the Landings.
- Coca-Cola Store: Save 15% on purchases of $30 or more in the Disney Springs store. Not valid at the rooftop beverage bar or for professional photography services.
- Crystal Arts by Arribas Brothers:Receive 10% off purchases at the Crystal Arts by Arribas Brothers stores at Disney Springs Marketplace, Magic Kingdom and EPCOT. Exclusions apply. Not applicable for shipping charges. Some other restrictions apply. Discount may not be combined with any other offer.
- Just Fun Socks: 15% discount on merchandise; cannot be combined with other offers. Located at Disney Springs the Landings.
- Kendra Scott: Receive 15% off your entire purchase! Offer valid in Disney Springs Town Center location only. Cannot be combined with other offers or be applied to previous purchases, markdown items, giveback items, warehouse items, gift card purchases, gift sets, sales tax, or shipping charges.
- Sugarboo & Co: Receive 10% off a non-discounted merchandise. Exclusions may apply. Located at Disney Springs Town Center.
- Volcom: Receive 15% off a non-discounted merchandise. Exclusions may apply. Located at Disney Springs Town Center.
Benefits are valid for arrivals January 1, 2023 – December 31, 2023. A valid Magical Extras Savings Card must be presented to receive any Magical Extras benefit. You must also present a valid voucher for admission to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and Disney’s Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course or Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course. Benefits are valid during your Walt Disney Travel Company package stay. Benefits have no cash value, are nontransferable and void if transferred or sold. All benefits, services and locations are subject to change without notice. May not be combined with any other offer, discount or promotion. Valid for the number of Guests in the package, unless otherwise specified. All dining discounts exclude applicable tax and gratuities. Other restrictions and exclusions may apply.
A deposit of $200 per reservation plus the price optional insurance and airfare. For reservations that include vacation insurance, the total price of vacation insurance may also be due at the time of booking. All Guests’ full, legal names (including children) are required at the time of reservation. Children’s ages are also required. Date of birth and gender are required for all guests, including infants, if the reservation includes air transportation. Name changes are not permitted.
For reservations made 30 days or more before arrival, final payment is due to Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc. at least 30 days before guest arrival. For reservations made 30 days or less before guest arrival, full payment is due to Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc. at the time of booking.
Cancellation and Change Policy
For cancellations made 31 days or more before Guest arrival – amounts paid, minus cancellation fees assessed by third party hotels or other suppliers, travel insurance premiums, and other amounts owed, will be refunded.
For cancellations made 2 days to 30 days prior to Guest arrival – amounts paid, minus a cancellation fee of $200.00 per package and minus any cancellation fees assessed by third party hotels or other suppliers, travel insurance premiums and other amounts owed, will be refunded. No refunds are given for cancellation of any personalized products or experiences.
For cancellations made 1 day or less prior to Guest arrival, the full price of the package is non-refundable. No refunds are made for early departure from hotel and unused admission tickets, options or features, including meals.
For changes made 30 days or less prior to arrival that results in a change in the package price, a change fee of $50.00 per package, plus any change fees assessed by hotels or other suppliers, is charged. Such change fees are paid in addition to any increase in the package price resulting from the change. If air transportation has been ticketed, Guest will be responsible for any increase in airfare as well as the change fee assessed by the airline.
The travel insurance premium is refundable within 14 days after the date the insurance is added to the reservation as long as Guest has not filed a claim or Guest has not departed on the trip, as more specifically provided in the Travel Insurance Description of Coverage. For insurance added 2 days to 14 days prior to Guest arrival, travel insurance is refundable if canceled at least 2 days before Guest arrival. Upon any cancellation, the charge for travel insurance is added to the other applicable cancellation fees.
Disney Dining Plan Add-on
Please note: Disney Dining Plans are currently suspended. They will be returning on January 9, 2024. More details can be found here.
Disney’s vacation packages let guests customize their vacation package and choose the recreation, ticket, and dining options to create a dream vacation. Also, when guests choose a Disney Vacation Package, they can add one of Disney’s Dining Packages. These packages offer guests the opportunity to save on the cost of dining. It also gives guests the chance to pay for their dining in advance and experience a more “all-inclusive” vacation.
Disney Dining Plans are available only as part of a package including a Walt Disney World Vacation Package. They must be purchased in advance. Minimum requirements are at least a 3-night stay at a Disney owned resort. The Dining Plan must also be purchased for everyone listed on the package, except for children under the age of three.
Two Disney Dining Plans are available. Choose the perfect one for your touring style!
Enjoy a fast and easy meal plan option for those on the go all day. Guests are able to dine at a variety of Quick-Service locations and enjoy a casual meal. You can do this when ready to grab a bite to eat. Just order at a counter or register and enjoy—no dining reservations required! This option includes 2 Quick Service meals, 1 snack/nonalcoholic drink per person per night of the package stay, plus 1 Resort Refillable Drink Mug per person, per package.
Want to slow down a little and enjoy sit-down meals, including Character dining experiences? The Disney Dining Plan is the perfect choice. It will allow Guests to experience classic dining options at both Quick-Service and Table-Service restaurants. This option includes 1 Table Service Meal, 1 Quick Service Meal and 1 snack/nonalcoholic drink per person per night of the package stay, plus 1 Resort Refillable Drink Mug per person, per package.
Guests are able to choose the plan that works for them and choose how to use their dining credits. Guests can use meals and snacks credits in any combination until the total allotment of entitlements is depleted. Take a look at the participating restaurants in our helpful guide.
Optional Add-Ons to the Basic Package
When adding vacation insurance to a Disney Resort Hotel Package, the premium is for each adult (no charge for children 17 and under) listed on a reservation. Insurance includes 100% of insured trip cost, plus coverage for 6-hour or more travel delay (up to $600), baggage loss (up to $2000), baggage delay (up to $500), medical expenses (up to $25,000), $25,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment and a few other emergency provisions. Also covered are a hurricane or inclement weather causing delay or cancellation of travel. Coverage may apply to airfare purchased as part of a package through a travel agency or on your own when canceled due to covered reasons.
If you’re purchasing a package, insurance can be a good idea. Once added, the insurance is non-refundable after 14 days. Those traveling in “hurricane season,” particularly late August through September, should carefully consider insurance. Travel delays or disruptions often occur during this time of year. Note: For alternative insurance, try InsureMyTrip. Travelers can comparison shop from an extensive list of companies and can build coverage to fit their individual needs. This is can sometimes a cheaper and more comprehensive alternative, particularly when it comes to booking Disney Cruise line insurance.
Travel insurance premium refundable within 14 days after the date the insurance added to the reservation as long as no claims filed and the guest has not departed — more specific information provided in the Travel Insurance Description of Coverage. For insurance added 2 days to 14 days prior to Guest arrival, travel insurance is refundable if canceled at least 2 days prior to Guest arrival. Upon any cancellation, the travel insurance cost is added to the other applicable cancellation fees.
Walt Disney Travel Company can arrange an Alamo rental car, the Official Rental Car of the Walt Disney World Resort. You will be able to pick up the car right at the Orlando International Airport; no shuttle bus hassles. Once you arrive, choose any car available within the confirmed Alamo booking category, as there are no pre-assigned cars.
Alamo provides a wide selection of vehicles for all your rental needs. One-day car rentals are available. You can reserve a rental car for 5 days and extend to a sixth or seventh day at the same price (must be confirmed at time of booking, not at rental pick-up.) Alamo is also located at the Walt Disney Car Care Center (near the Magic Kingdom), and at a car rental desk at the Walt Disney World Dolphin. Ground transportation includes unlimited mileage, airport fees, taxes and surcharges and Alamo has no drop off charges for vehicles picked-up and returned to other locations within the state of Florida. Alamo allows renters from 21 – 24 years of age with a surcharge payable by the Guest to Alamo at time of rental car pick-up.
Guests will be able to prepay for up to 30 days worth of unlimited digital download photos ahead of time. With Memory Maker, guests receive digital downloads all of the pictures taken of their family by the Disney PhotoPass Photographers!