Wishes will end its 14 year run with its final performance on May 11, 2017. Wishes is being replaced by Happily Ever After.
Wishes is a nightly fireworks show at the Magic Kingdom. The show features fireworks set to music with a story line about the Disney heroes battling the Disney villains. Check the Times Guide or the MyDisneyExperience app or website to find out what time Wishes will be performed during your visit to the Magic Kingdom.
Wishes can be viewed from many places in and around the Magic Kingdom.
Main Street USA
- Most guests will watch Wishes from Main Street USA in front of Cinderella Castle. This location centers the castle around the fireworks and provides an excellent view of Tinkerbell as she flies across the park. Some guests will grab a spot an hour before the performance, while others will simply walk up as it is time for the shoe to begin. To get a spot in the popular grass section of the hub it is likely that you will have to get to that location early. If your intention is to be able to get out of the park quickly after Wishes, then it is best to head towards the train station for your viewing location, just be aware that the lights on this end of Main Street are not turned off during the fireworks.
- While the fireworks are most popularly viewed from the front of Cinderella Castle, they can also be seen quite well from the back, in Fantasyland. Here, the fireworks will not appear to surround Cinderella Castle but will be behind you, as they are shot outside of the park. You will be nearer to where the fireworks are shot in this viewing location, but may miss some of the effects that can be seen from the front of the castle.
Other locations in the Magic Kingdom
- Wishes can be seen from pretty much anywhere in the Magic Kingdom, just without the music or the setting of Cinderella Castle. If you have seen the show before then it is no problem to view them from anywhere in the park while taking advantage of the short lines for attractions during the show. You can even view the fireworks while on an attraction such as the Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover or Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. If you have never seen the show before, it is not recommended that you view it from one of these locations.
Locations outside of Magic Kingdom
- Wishes can not only be viewed inside the Magic Kingdom, but also outside the park. For guests who do not have park tickets for the day this is an excellent opportunity to take advantage of watching the nighttime fireworks without a park ticket. Wishes can be viewed from the beaches of the Polynesian and Grand Floridian resorts. The show can be seen from the Ticket and Transportation Center as well; if you are able to time it perfectly you can view Wishes while on the Ferryboat between the Ticket and Transportation Center and the Magic Kingdom. Another popular option is to view Wishes from California Grill or O’Hana. By making a dining reservation at one of these locations you can view the fireworks from the restaurant.
- Wishes debuted on October 9, 2003 replacing Fantasy in the Sky.
- The show features 683 individual fireworks.
- Wishes is narrated by Jiminy Crickett and features references to 10 classic Disney films.
- A high point of the show occurs when Tinkerbell flies from Cinderella Castle to land in Tomorrowland.
- The show lasts approximately 12 minutes.
- The soundtrack to Wishes is available for purchase in Disney Parks or on the Shop Disney Parks app.