Regular Universal Orlando Admission Prices
Universal park tickets expire within 14 days of first use. Additionally, all but 1-Day park tickets include fourteen (14) consecutive calendar days of admission to the paid entertainment venues of Universal CityWalk. Parking is not included. The days do not have to be used consecutively. You activate the ticket when you enter your 1st park or any of the paid entertainment venues of Universal CityWalk. Here’s how prices stack up at the gate.
Base Tickets allow you to visit one park each day (tax included)
- 1 Day: $108.63 adult; $103.31 child
- 2 Day: $181.04 adult; $170.39 child
- 3 Day: $191.69 adult; $181.04 child
- 4 Day: $202.34 adult; $191.69 child
Park-to-Park Access allows you to visit both parks each day (tax included)
- 1 Day: $156.56 adult; $151.23 child
- 2 Day: $228.96 adult; $218.31 child
- 3 Day: $239.61 adult; $228.96 child
- 4 Day: $250.26 adult; $239.61 child
Universal Orlando Discounts
Universal’s web site, offers a $20 discount off gate prices for all Multi-day tickets when you purchase them online in advance. Find details on Universal’s web site. Applicable sales tax and fees will be added to all tickets at checkout (even print at home tickets). Tax is 6.5% (x .065) and fees are $2.10 per ticket. There is no shipping charge if you select ticket types with Kiosk Pick-Up & Print@Home options. For a limited time, Universal online is also offering a savings guide with $150 in food & merchandise discounts for use throughout Universal Orlando Resort when you purchase any Multi-day Park-to-Park ticket online. You will receive a voucher at the end of your transaction that can be printed and exchanged for your booklet at the Universal Studios Store in Universal Studios or the Islands Trading Company at Islands of Adventure. You can also get the $20 discount on Multi-day tickets when you purchase them by phone at 407-224-7840, even if you are already standing at Universal’s front gate! After your phone transactions is complete, you will be given a confirmation code to use at the Pick-up Kiosks at the front of the park. In most cases, Undercover Tourist ticket prices, which include all taxes and offer free shipping, will be cheaper than Universal’s $20 online discount. Plus, these are real tickets, so you can avoid the lines you encounter by printing Universal’s electronic ticket vouchers.
Limited Time Offer! Universal’s web site is offering a special 3rd Day Free Ticket to United States and Canadian residents for a limited time. The 2-Day Park-to-Park Ticket with 3rd Day Free Ticket entitles three (3) days of admission to BOTH (2) Universal Orlando® Resort theme park per day (Universal Studios Florida AND Universal’s Islands of Adventure). The ticket price is $175.99 for adults and $165.99 for a child ticket (ages3-9). Ticket is valid for any three (3) calendar days during a fourteen (14) consecutive calendar day period which includes the first day any portion of the ticket is used during normal operating hours. Tickets must be purchased by June 7, 2015. All ticket usage must occur on or before June 20, 2015. Unused days will be forfeited. Ticket excludes parking, discounts on food and merchandise, and separately ticketed events. Additional restrictions may apply which are subject to change without notice. Available for a limited time on Universal’s web site. Limit six (6) tickets per transaction.
Park-to-Park VIP Tickets (also called “Park-to-Park + Unlimited Express”) offer 2 park access for 1, 2, 3 or 4 days with a built-in “unlimited” Express Pass for each ticket day. VIP tickets are purchased for a specific date or consecutive date range. A limited number of these tickets are offered…so it’s a first come first serve. Not to be confused with Universal’s Express Pass (see below), which allows front of the line access only once at each participating attraction and does not include park admission, this ticket allows guests to experience unlimited front of the line Express Pass access at each participating attraction – just like guests who stay on-site. Best of all, in all equivalent scenarios, this ticket will be cheaper than buying park ticket(s) and an Express Pass(es) separately. VIP tickets can be purchased on Universal’s web site or over the phone by calling 407-224-7840.
Universal’s Express Pass is sold for a specific date or consecutive date range. You do not have to buy an Express Pass for each day you will be attending a park. Purchase an Express Pass for a single day or for up to 4 days. A limited number of these tickets are offered…so it’s a first come first serve. Universal’s Express Pass allows front of the line access once at each participating attraction. Universal’s Express Pass does not include park admission. Express Pass is available to purchase separately for Universal Studios Florida or Islands of Adventure online or at the entrance of each respective park. An Express Pass with two-park-access can be purchased online only. Prices will vary by date.
Walmart and Kroger stores in the Orlando area sometimes offer discounted Universal Orlando tickets. If you are in the area and thinking about going, stop and check.
Participating Costco stores occasionally offer deals on Universal tickets both in-store and on its web site. Non-members who make purchases on the web site will be charged a 5% non-member fee. Stores located in eastern U.S. are most likely to carry tickets in-store.
Any American Express Card will get you special offers at Universal Orlando. Sometimes discounted tickets are available, but more often special perks are offered not available to anyone else. Check the link above for details on current discounts.
AAA and CAA Members can show their cards at the gates of Universal Orlando and save $4 on a 2-Day/2-Park ticket at the front gate (maximum of 6 tickets). AAA also offers advance purchase tickets online either to local members or nationwide (depending on the office). Prices and availability vary by region and not all regions offer these tickets. Check online with your local office to see what is available. In Florida, Georgia and parts of Tennessee, all AAA members can purchase discounted Universal tickets on a walk-in only basis. The Orlando office is located closest to Universal Studios Florida (4300 East Colonial Drive). Those interested in purchasing tickets can call 407-894-3333 for hours and directions.
Active and retired military as well DOD employees can obtain discounted Universal tickets through their military base MWR offices. For a list of available tickets and participating bases, visit Universal Orlando’s military page. Discounts can be substantial and vary by base. Military can also call 1-877-801-9720 between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM Monday through Sunday for more information about possible specials or discounts that are sometimes available. Military tickets purchased through MWR are good for early park entry, even when not staying on property. Active duty military with valid military IDs can also receive a discount when purchasing multi-day tickets at the front gate tickets windows at Universal Orlando Resort.
Active and retired military can obtain discounted Universal tickets at Shades of Green, located on Walt Disney World property. Currently a 2 Day / 2 Park Ticket is $168 for adults and $158 for children ages 3 to 9. There is also no tax on these tickets. For comparison, Universal’s online Adult is $194.99 plus tax and child is $184.99 plus tax. Other length-of-stay tickets are available, although Shades of Green usually does not carry the full array of Universal Orlando tickets. A Military Identification Card or Department of Defense Identification Card must be presented at time of purchase. For those staying at Shades of Green resort, transportation is available to Universal Orlando Resort for a nominal round trip fee of $ 10.00 per adult and $ 5.00 per child. Under 4 is free. Advanced reservations are required.
Florida Residents discounts are often available on Universal’s web site for select multi-day tickets. Visit Universal’s web site for current offers. Currently Florida Residents save over $45 off gate price on the purchase of multi-day tickets when bought in advance online. Plus, for a limited time, receive a coupon book with up to $150 in savings with any multi-day Park-to-Park ticket purchase. Proof of Florida residency will need to be presented at any Universal Orlando ticket window along with your order confirmation for each Florida Resident ticket purchased online.
Limited Time Offer! Florida Residents can get up to 3 Months Free on Any Annual Pass until April 19, 2015 with a Coca-Cola UPC code. A 2-Park Annual Power Pass is $189.99 (plus tax, subject to blockout dates), a 2-Park Annual Preferred Pass is $259.99 (plus tax), and a 2-Park Premier Annual Pass is $384.99 (plus tax). The discount is only valid for new passes and passes must be purchased and activated by 4/19/15. The special promo code can be found on specially-marked 20 or 24 packages of Coca-Cola or on specially-marked cups from Wendy’s. Visit Universal’s web site for more info.
Hilton HHonors points can be cashed in for Entertainment Rewards that include Universal Studios Orlando. Universal Studios Orlando 1-day, 2-Park tickets are 68,000 points for an adult ticket and 65,000 points for a child ticket. Other Universal Tickets are also available. Click here to join or for more info. To see point schedule, click here, enter “country” from drop down menu and select theme park under the “Gift Cards & Certificates” link at the top of the page.
Credit Card Rewards Programs sometimes have offers on Universal tickets. Both American Express membership rewards and Chase Bank’s Ultimate Rewards programs have been known to offer Universal Orlando tickets as a rewards option.
The Orlando FlexTicket offers a savings for those planning to visit multiple Orlando Attractions. Check our Orlando FlexTicket information for more details.
If you are planning a stay at Universal Orlando Resort or at a hotel in the surrounding area, visit Our Universal Vacation Discounts page for savings on Universal Florida Vacation Packages, Hotel Deals, Universal Tickets that include Transfers from Disney Hotels, VIP Tours and other Vacation Add-ons and options.
Blue Man Group Ticket Discounts
There are several options for discounted Blue Man Group tickets. While children under 3 are not required to buy tickets, they must sit on a parent’s lap. Universal is giving a significant discount for children’s tickets currently. For comparison, regular ticket prices at the box office (not including tax) are as follows:
- Regular Box Office Zone 1: $100.11 Adult; $30.89 Child (ages 3-9)
- Regular Box Office Zone 2: $89.46 Adult; $30.89 Child (ages 3-9)
Advance-purchase Blue Man Group tickets can be bought on Universals web site that save up to $10 per adult ticket. The offer is valid for Adult Poncho, Tier 1 or Tier 2 seating purchases. Price varies based on selected seat locations and date of show chosen for Blue Man Group performance. Savings based on pre-tax amount and applicable fees will be added. Child tickets are not available online unless an adult ticket is also purchased. Blue Man Group / Park Combo tickets are also available at a savings.
TheMouseForLess Web Site Readers can visit Undercover Tourist for discounted advance-purchase Blue Man Group tickets that save $4 per adult ticket. Ticket prices shown include tax and shipping and offer some of the best prices available. Upon receipt of your tickets, you can call the Blue Man Group Box Office at Universal Orlando Resort to reserve your seats.
AAA Members can show their cards and receive 10% off the purchase of Blue Man tickets at the box office at Universal Orlando.
Annual Passholders can usually get a 10% (and sometimes more) discount on Blue Man Group tickets at the box office or by calling 888-340-5476.
Orlando College Student Rush tickets are available for all performances of the Blue Man Group with a valid college ID for only $34 each. Tickets can be purchased on the day of the show only at the Sharp AQUOS Theatre box office. Limit 2 tickets per college ID or ISIC card . Tickets are subject to availability. For more information, please call the box office at 407-BLUE-MAN (407-2583-626).
Active and retired military as well DOD employees may be able obtain discounted Blue Man Group tickets through their military base MWR offices. For a list of available tickets and participating bases, visit Universal Orlando’s military page. Discounts may vary by base.
Other Universal Park Discounts and Deals
CityWalk Coupon Books are available to Universal guests for free. Pick them up as you enter Universal CityWalk at the Dining Information kiosk. Coupons range from 2 for 1 specialty drinks to fee desserts, appetizers or kid meals with adult purchases to 10 – 20% off on food and merchandise purchases at CityWalk shops and restaurants.
Butter Beer and Refillable Mugs & Popcorn Buckets
• Both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure offer refillable 16 oz. soft drink mugs and refillable popcorn bucket deals. The advertised refillable mugs cost $8.99, plus tax. The popcorn buckets cost $5.99, plus tax. Refills for soda is $0.99, plus tax and refills for popcorn is $1.29, plus tax, each time.
• Unless Universal has a policy change at some point in the future, the mugs and popcorn buckets are good “forever.” Mugs are refillable anywhere fountain drinks are sold, including full-service restaurants. Refillable mugs are also available and refillable at Citywalk. Refills on popcorn are available at either park, wherever popcorn machines are located.
• Various character souvenir mugs that are sold for a higher price throughout both parks also qualify for the $0.99 soda refills. At Universal Studios Florida, new Transformer refillable mugs are available for $14.99 with the first refill included.
• There are several unique beverages at Universal Orlando that can’t be gotten anywhere else. Of course we’re talking about the famous Butter Beer at Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The Pumpkin Juice is excellent too and should not be missed. It might be faster to order either of these beverages at the Three Broomsticks restaurant or Hogs Head tavern than to queue up in the long lines at beverage carts. You’ll pay $3.49 for the regular Butter Beer and about a dollar more for the frozen Butter Beer. Annual Passholders get a discount when they purchase their Butter Beers (and other beverages) from Three Broomsticks or Hogs Head.
• If you buy your Butter Beer in the souvenir mug, the mug is also refillable for soda at any fountain drink location for $0.99 each. One MFL reader reports: “We had the mugs with us today at Universal and although we bought them yesterday, we were able to refill them with soda at the International Food location. Butter Beer is not sold or refilled at a discount! The cost to refill the Butter Beer souvenir mug (or any 16 oz. souvenir mug) with Butter Beer is the same price as purchasing it in a plastic cup.
• All types of 16 oz. souvenir mugs can be used to get discounted refills on lemonade, cider, and other non-alcoholic beverages at Three Broomsticks and Hogs Head. The discount will vary according to the regular price of the beverage. Souvenir cups can also be refilled with slushies and ICEEs at discount throughout both parks.
• For another unique beverage treat, don’t miss the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines found at most Quick-Service locations throughout the park, with the exceptions of Wizarding World of Harry Potter, The Simpsons Fast Food Blvd, or any Universal full service restaurant. Guests can pick from more than 100 flavors of Coca-Cola products, such as Orange Coke, Sprite with Peach, Fanta Raspberry and other combinations of flavors, or just have your favorite Coke product straight up.
• At the Freestyle Coke machines you can purchase a Freestyle souvenir cup for $11.99, plus tax. Refills are free and unlimited at self-serve Coke Freestyle dispensers in both parks throughout the day. Freestyle souvenir cups have an RFID chip in them so they will only work on the day they are purchased. There is a 10 minute delay between refills using the same cup to discourage “sharers” drinking from a single cup or pouring beverage into another type of cup. Guests also have the option of buying an extra day of Freestyle refills for $9.99, plus tax.
Universal Dining Plan – Quick Service: $19.99 adult; $12.99 (age 3-9)
The Universal Quick Service Plan is good for Universal-owned food locations at both Universal Orlando theme parks, as well as select locations at CityWalk, including Cinnabon and Starbucks. It can be purchased in the parks at dining reservation kiosks and at all quick service locations. With this plan, guests get each of the following items per day: One Counter Service Meal (entrée and non-alcoholic beverage), One Snacks and One Non-Alcoholic Beverage.
Universal’s Meal & Movie Ticket Deal
Enjoy a dinner at one of CityWalk’s most popular restaurants PLUS a movie at AMC Universal Cineplex 20 for only $21.95! Buy your Meal & Movie Deal Tickets at the CityWalk Guest Services Ticket Window, all Destination Universal locations, online, or call a CityWalk Sales Coordinator at 407-224-2691. Tickets are will call pickup only. Menu choices will be limited and vary according to restaurant.
AAA and CAA Food & Merchandise Discounts
• AAA and CAA Members can show their cards and get 10% off selected dining and merchandise at select Universal Studios, Universal’s Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk restaurants and shops, excluding Emeril’s, Bubba Gump, Fossil and Fresh Produce. Discount does not apply to merchandise and food carts, tattoos or services associated with tattoos, alcohol, tobacco, candy, film, collectibles or sundry items. Offers valid for up to six people. AAA members can show their cards also receive the following Discounts for up to 6 people: • 10% off at the Palm Restaurant at Hard Rock Hotel
• 10% off food, nonalcoholic beverages & merchandise at Hard Rock Cafe
• 10% off merchandise with a $50.00 minimum spend, tax inclusive
• 15% off merchandise with a $75.00 minimum spend, tax inclusive
• 10% off food/beverage in the park
• 10% off at participating CityWalk locations
• 10% off at Hollywood Drive-in Golf
• 15% off at the Mandara Spa treatments of $100 or more, Monday through Thursday only
• There have also been reports that AAA members can get 10% of the $50 family dinner at the Three Broomsticks restaurant located in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Islands of Adventure. The meal includes a large salad w/Italian dressing, 4 pieces of chicken (2 each breast w/wing and leg w/thigh), 4 ribs, sauteed seasonal vegetables and roasted potatoes.
Deals at the Palm Restaurant at the Hard Rock Hotel
The Palm Restaurant at the Hard Rock Hotel advertises special deals on its web site. Check the Palm’s Specials page for additional deals.
Hard Rock Rewards Program
Hard Rock reward program has two levels, a free membership and a paid membership. The free membership is good for the Hard Rock Cafe at Universal Orlando, among other locations. Members get exclusive offers, earn points for visits, earn a single-use first available priority seating coupon for every 3rd visit, and more. 20 reward points will be added to the cardholder’s account for every $1 spent on food, nonalcoholic beverages or merchandise (excludes taxes and gratuity). Members will get a $15 Rewards Coupon for every 5,000 points earned. The Rewards Coupon is valid for 6 months from date of issue and may be used towards qualifying purchases at any participating Hard Rock Cafe, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Rock Shop or at rockshop.hardrock.com. Both the free and paid programs offer rewards points for staying at Hard Rock Hotels and a reward welcome amenity at participating Hard Rock Hotels (the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando is excluded). Paid membership requires at $24.95 annual fee and offers unlimited first available priority seating at participating Hard Rock Cafes and 30 points for every $1 spent on food, nonalcoholic beverages or merchandise. Paid members also get late check out, room upgrades, and more at participating Hard Rock Hotels and Resorts. There is also a VIP Welcome Package with Hard Rock collectible when you join. Join either program online. There are reports that the free Hard Rock Rewards card is available upon request when you check into the Hard Rock Hotel Orlando.
For other Universal Orlando Dining Discounts & Coupons, visit our dining coupon section.