Universal Orlando Ticket Discounts
How to Get Discounts for Orlando Area Attractions Universal Orlando Discounts Seaworld Orlando, Discovery Cove & Aquatica Discounts Busch Gardens Tampa & Adventure Island Discounts Legoland Florida Discounts Kennedy Space Center Discounts Orlando Dinner Shows & Other Area Attractions Discounts
For Current Deals Look for the Mickey Ears
Mardi Gras 2014 dates
Universal Orland has announced that musical acts Robin Thicke and The Wanted will preform at Mardi Gras 2014, as well as news that this year's Mardi Gras will run a month longer than previous years. For the first time, Mardi Gras 2014 will span almost four month, including Saturdays and other select nights February 8 through May 31. Click here for the full concert lineup.
Halloween Horror Nights 2014 dates
It’s Never Too Soon to Start Panicking. Come face-to-face with your greatest fears at the nation’s premier Halloween event. On select nights from September 19 through November 1, 2014, the streets of Universal Studios Florida theme park come alive with a horde of horrifying mutants, monsters and maniacs. This event is not recommended for children under the age of 13.
SEPTEMBER 19-20, 25-28
OCTOBER 2-5, 9-12, 15-19, 22-26, 29-31
Visit halloweenhorrornights.com for more information.
Regular Universal Orlando Admission Prices
Universal park tickets expire within 14 days of first use. Additionally, all but 1-Day park tickets include fourteen (14) consecutive calendar days of admission to the paid entertainment venues of Universal CityWalk. Parking is not included. The days do not have to be used consecutively. You activate the ticket when you enter your 1st park or any of the paid entertainment venues of Universal CityWalk. Here's how prices stack up at the gate.
Base Tickets allow you to visit one park each day (price includes tax)
- 1 Day: $102.24 adult; $95.85 child
- 2 Day: $166.13 adult; $155.48 child
- 3 Day: $176.78 adult; $165.06 child
- 4 Day: $187.43 adult; $174.65 child
Park-to-Park Access allows you to visit both parks each day (price includes tax)
- 1 Day: $144.84 adult; $138.45 child
- 2 Day: $208.73 adult; $198.08 child
- 3 Day: $219.38 adult; $207.66 child
- 4 Day: $230.03 adult; $217.25 child
Universal Orlando Discounts
Universal's web site, offers a $20 discount off gate prices for all Multi-day tickets when you purchase them online in advance. Find details on Universal's web site. Applicable sales tax and fees will be added to all tickets at checkout (even print at home tickets). Tax is 6.5% (x .065) and fees are $2.10 per ticket. There is no shipping charge if you select ticket types with Kiosk Pick-Up & Print@Home options. For a limited time, Universal online is also offering a savings guide with $150 in food & merchandise discounts for use throughout Universal Orlando Resort when you purchase any Multi-day Park-to-Park ticket online. You will receive a voucher at the end of your transaction that can be printed and exchanged for your booklet at the Universal Studios Store in Universal Studios or the Islands Trading Company at Islands of Adventure. You can also get the $20 discount on Multi-day tickets when you purchase them by phone at 407-224-7840, even if you are already standing at Universal's front gate! After your phone transactions is complete, you will be given a confirmation code to use at the Pick-up Kiosks at the front of the park. In most cases, Undercover Tourist ticket prices, which include all taxes and offer free shipping, will be cheaper than Universal's $20 online discount. Plus, these are real tickets, so you can avoid the lines you encounter by printing Universal's electronic ticket vouchers.
Limited Time Offer! Universal's web site is offering a special 3rd Day Free Ticket to United States and Canadian residents for a limited time. The 2-Day Base with 3rd Day Free Ticket entitles one (1) guest admission to ONE (1) Universal Orlando Resort theme park per day. The ticket price is $135.99 for adults and $125.99 for a child ticket (ages3-9) and can be upgraded to both parks for $40 per ticket. Ticket is valid for any three (3) calendar days during a fourteen (14) consecutive calendar day period which includes the first day any portion of the ticket is used during normal operating hours. First use of this ticket must be on or before 5/9/14, to receive full benefit of the ticket entitlements. All ticket usage must be completed on or before 5/22/14 when the ticket will expire in full. Unused days will be forfeited. Ticket excludes parking, discounts on food and merchandise, and separately ticketed events. Additional restrictions may apply which are subject to change without notice. Available for a limited time on Universal's web site. Limit six (6) tickets per transaction.
Park-to-Park VIP Tickets (also called "Park-to-Park + Unlimited Express") offer 2 park access for 1, 2, 3 or 4 days with a built-in "unlimited" Express Pass for each ticket day. VIP tickets are purchased for a specific date or consecutive date range. A limited number of these tickets are offered...so its a first come first serve. Not to be confused with Universal's Express Pass (see below), which allows front of the line access only once at each participating attraction and does not include park admission, this ticket allows guests to experience unlimited front of the line Express Pass access at each participating attraction - just like guests who stay on-site. Best of all, in all equivalent scenarios, this ticket will be cheaper than buying park ticket(s) and an Express Pass(es) separately. VIP tickets can be purchased on Universal's web site or over the phone by calling 407-224-7840.
Universal's Express Pass is sold for a specific date or consecutive date range. You do not have to buy an Express Pass for each day you will be attending a park. Purchase an Express Pass for a single day or for up to 4 days. A limited number of these tickets are offered...so its a first come first serve. Universal's Express Pass allows front of the line access once at each participating attraction. Universal's Express Pass does not include park admission. Express Pass is available to purchase separately for Universal Studios Florida or Islands of Adventure online or at the entrance of each respective park. An Express Pass with two-park-access can be purchased online only. Prices will vary by date.
Walmart and Kroger stores in the Orlando area sometimes offer discounted Universal Orlando tickets. If you are in the area and thinking about going, stop and check.
Participating Costco stores occasionally offer deals on Universal tickets both in-store and on it's web site. Non-members who make purchases on the web site will be charged a 5% non-member fee. Stores located in eastern U.S. are most likely to carry tickets in-store.
Any American Express Card will get you special offers at Universal Orlando. Sometimes discounted tickets are available, but more often special perks are offered not available to anyone else. Check the link above for details on these current discounts:
• AE cardholders get access to the American Express Lounge In Universal Studios (across from Shrek's Ye Olde Souvenir Shoppe) when you buy any Universal Orlando Multi-Park Ticket or Annual Pass on Universal's website or at the Universal box office with any American Express Card. Enjoy complimentary light snacks, drinks, a full-time concierge and more.
AAA and CAA Members can show their cards at the gates of Universal Orlando and save $4 on a 2-Day/2-Park ticket at the front gate (maximum of 6 tickets). AAA also offers advance purchase tickets online either to local members or nationwide (depending on the office). Prices and availability vary by region and not all regions offer these tickets. Check online with your local office to see what is available. In Florida, Georgia and parts of Tennessee, all AAA members can purchase discounted Universal tickets on a walk-in only basis. The Orlando office is located closest to Universal Studios Florida (4300 East Colonial Drive). Those interested in purchasing tickets can call 407-894-3333 for hours and directions.
Active and retired military as well DOD employees can obtain discounted Universal tickets through their military base MWR offices. For a list of available tickets and participating bases, visit Universal Orlando's military page. Discounts can be substantial and vary by base. Military can also call 1-877-801-9720 between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM Monday through Sunday for more information about possible specials or discounts that are sometimes available. Military tickets purchased through MWR are good for early park entry, even when not staying on property. Active duty military with valid military IDs can also receive a discount when purchasing multi-day tickets at the front gate tickets windows at Universal Orlando Resort.
Active and retired military can obtain discounted Universal tickets at Shades of Green, located on Walt Disney World property. Currently a 2 Day / 2 Park Ticket is $144 for adults and $134 for children ages 3 to 9. There is also no tax on these tickets. For comparison, Universal's online Adult is $146.99 plus tax and child is $136.99 plus tax. Other length-of-stay tickets are available, although Shades of Green usually does not carry the full array of Universal Orlando tickets. A Military Identification Card or Department of Defense Identification Card must be presented at time of purchase. For those staying at Shades of Green resort, transportation is available to Universal Orlando Resort for a nominal round trip fee of $ 10.00 per adult and $ 5.00 per child. Under 4 is free. Advanced reservations are required.
Florida Residents discounts are often available on Universal's web site for select multi-day tickets. Visit Universal's web site for current offers. Currently Florida Residents save over $30 off gate price on the purchase of multi-day tickets when bought in advance online. Plus, for a limited time, receive a coupon book with up to $150 in savings with any multi-day Park-to-Park ticket purchase. Proof of Florida residency will need to be presented at any Universal Orlando ticket window along with your order confirmation for each Florida Resident ticket purchased online.
Limited Time Offer! Florida Residents can get up to 3 Months Free on Any Annual Pass until April 30, 2014 with a Coca-Cola UPC code. A 2-Park Annual Power Pass is $174.99 (plus tax, subject to blockout dates), a 2-Park Annual Preferred Pass is $244.99 (plus tax), and a 2-Park Premier Annual Pass is $369.99 (plus tax). The passes must be purchased and activated by 4/30/14. The special promo code can be found on specially-marked 20 or 24 packages of Coca-Cola or on specially-marked cups from Wendy’s. Visit Universal's web site for more info.
Hilton HHonors points can be cashed in for Entertainment Rewards that include Universal Studios Orlando. Universal Studios Orlando 1-day, 2-Park tickets are 75,000 points for an adult ticket and 70,000 points for a child ticket. Other Universal Tickets are also available. Click here to join or for more info. To see point schedule, click here, enter "country" from drop down menu and select theme park under the "Gift Cards & Certificates" link at the top of the page.
Credit Card Rewards Programs sometimes have offers on Universal tickets. Both American Express membership rewards and Chase Bank's Ultimate Rewards programs have been know to offer Universal Orlando tickets as a rewards option.
Canadians have access to several Universal ticket deals through rewards programs. Members of the Canadian Air Miles frequent flier program can redeem air miles for Universal Orlando tickets. Click here for more details. Canadians can also redeem Aeroplan Miles for Universal Orlando tickets.
The Orlando FlexTicket offers a savings for those planning to visit multiple Orlando Attractions. Check our Orlando FlexTicket information for more details.
If you are planning a stay at Universal Orlando Resort or at a hotel in the surrounding area, visit Our Universal Vacation Discounts page for savings on Universal Florida Vacation Packages, Hotel Deals, Universal Tickets that include Transfers from Disney Hotels, VIP Tours and other Vacation Add-ons and options.
Blue Man Group Ticket Discounts
There are several options for discounted Blue Man Group tickets. While children under 3 are not required to buy tickets, they must sit on a parent's lap. Universal is giving a significant discount for children's tickets currently. For comparison, regular ticket prices at the box office (including tax) are as follows:
- Regular Box Office Zone 1: $100.11 Adult; $30.89 Child (ages 3-9)
- Regular Box Office Zone 2: $89.46 Adult; $30.89 Child (ages 3-9)
Advance-purchase Blue Man Group tickets can be bought on Universals web site that save up to $15 per adult ticket. The offer is valid for Adult Poncho, Tier 1 or Tier 2 seating purchases. Price varies based on selected seat locations and date of show chosen for Blue Man Group performance. Savings based on pre-tax amount and applicable fees will be added. Child tickets are not available online unless an adult ticket is also purchased. Blue Man Group / Park Combo tickets are also available at a savings.
TheMouseForLess Web Site Readers can visit Undercover Tourist for discounted advance-purchase Blue Man Group tickets that save $15 per adult ticket. Ticket prices shown include tax and shipping and offer some of the best prices available. Upon receipt of your tickets, you can call the Blue Man Group Box Office at Universal Orlando Resort to reserve your seats.
AAA Members can show their cards and receive 10% off the purchase of Blue Man tickets at the box office at Universal Orlando.
Annual Passholders can usually get a 10% (and sometimes more) discount on Blue Man Group tickets at the box office or by calling 888-340-5476.
Orlando College Student Rush tickets are available for all performances of the Blue Man Group with a valid college ID for only $34 each. Tickets can be purchased on the day of the show only at the Sharp AQUOS Theatre box office. Limit 2 tickets per college ID or ISIC card . Tickets are subject to availability. For more information, please call the box office at 407-BLUE-MAN (407-2583-626).
Active and retired military as well DOD employees may be able obtain discounted Blue Man Group tickets through their military base MWR offices. For a list of available tickets and participating bases, visit Universal Orlando's military page. Discounts may vary by base.
Canadians have access to several Blue Man Group deals through rewards programs. Members of the Canadian Air Miles frequent flier program can redeem air miles for Blue Man Group tickets. Click here for more details.
Other Universal Park Discounts and Deals
CityWalk Coupon Books are available to Universal guests for free. Pick them up as you enter Universal CityWalk at the Dining Information kiosk. Coupons range from 2 for 1 specialty drinks to fee desserts, appetizers or kid meals with adult purchases to 10 - 20% off on food and merchandise purchases at CityWalk shops and restaurants.
Butter Beer and Refillable Mugs & Popcorn Buckets
• Both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure offer refillable 16 oz. soft drink mugs and refillable popcorn bucket deals. The advertised refillable mugs cost $8.99, plus tax. The popcorn buckets cost $5.49, plus tax. Refills for both are $0.99, the tax, each time.
• Unless Universal has a policy change at some point in the future, the mugs and popcorn buckets are good "forever." Mugs are refillable anywhere fountain drinks are sold, including full-service restaurants. Refillable mugs are also available and refillable at Citywalk. Refills on popcorn are available at either park, wherever popcorn machines are located.
• Various character souvenir mugs that are sold for a higher price throughout both parks also qualify for the $0.99 soda refills. At Disney Hollywood Studios, new Transformer refillable mugs are available for $14.99 with the first refill included.
• There are several unique beverages at Universal Orlando that can't be gotten anywhere else. Of course we're talking about the famous Butter Beer at Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal's Island of Adventure. The Pumpkin Juice is excellent too and should not be missed. It might be faster to order either of these beverages at the Three Broomsticks restaurant or Hogs Head tavern than to queue up in the long lines at beverage carts. You'll pay $3.49 for the regular Butter Beer and about a dollar more for the frozen Butter Beer. Annual Passholders get a discount when they purchase their Butter Beers (and other beverages) from Three Broomsticks or Hogs Head.
• If you buy your Butter Beer in the souvenir mug, the mug is also refillable for soda at any fountain drink location for $0.99 each. One MFL reader reports: "We had the mugs with us today at Universal and although we bought them yesterday, we were able to refill them with soda at the International Food location. Butter Beer is not sold or refilled at a discount! The cost to refill the Butter Beer souvenir mug (or any 16 oz. souvenir mug) with Butter Beer is the same price as purchasing it in a plastic cup.
• All types of 16 oz. souvenir mugs can be used to get discounted refills on lemonade, cider, and other non-alcoholic beverages at Three Broomsticks and Hogs Head. The discount will vary according to the regular price of the beverage. Souvenir cups can also be refilled with slushies and ICEEs at discount throughout both parks.
• For another unique beverage treat, don't miss the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines found at Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoo-pendous, The Burger Digs, Comic Strip Cafe & Oasis Coolers at Islands of Adventure and also at Classic Monsters Cafe, Mel’s Drive-In, Louie's Italian Restaurant & Richter's Burgers at Universal Studios. Guests can pick from more than 100 flavors of Coca-Cola products, such as Orange Coke, Sprite with Peach, Fanta Raspberry and other combinations of flavors, or just have your favorite Coke product straight up.
• At the Freestyle Coke machines you can purchase a Freestyle souvenir cup for $10.99, plus tax. Refills are free and unlimited at self-serve Coke Freestyle dispensers in both parks throughout the day. Freestyle souvenir cups have an RFID chip in them so they will only work on the day they are purchased. There is a 5 minute delay between refills using the same cup to discourage "sharers" drinking from a single cup or pouring beverage into another type of cup. Guests also have the option of buying an extra day of Freestyle refills for $8.99, plus tax.
Universal Dining Plan – Quick Service: $18.99 adult; $12.99 (age 3-9)
The Universal Quick Service Plan is good for Universal-owned food locations at both Universal Orlando theme parks, as well as select locations at CityWalk, including Cinnabon and Starbucks. It can be purchased in the parks at dining reservation kiosks and at all quick service locations. With this plan, guests get each of the following items per day: One Counter Service Meal (entrée and non-alcoholic beverage), Two Snacks and One Non-Alcoholic Beverage. The cost is $18.99 plus tax per adult and $12.99 plus tax per child (age 3-9).
Note: As of 12/22/13 the Universal Quick Service plan will cost $19.99 plus tax and the two snacks included will change to one snack. The Child ‘Universal Dining Plan – Quick Service’ price remains the same.
Universal's Meal & Movie Ticket Deal
Enjoy a dinner at one of CityWalk’s most popular restaurants PLUS a movie at AMC Universal Cineplex 20 for only $21.95! Buy your Meal & Movie Deal Tickets at the CityWalk Guest Services Ticket Window, all Destination Universal locations, online, or call a CityWalk Sales Coordinator at 407-224-2691. Tickets are will call pickup only. Menu choices will be limited and vary according to restuarant.
AAA and CAA Food & Merchandise Discounts
• AAA and CAA Members can show their cards and get 10% off selected dining and merchandise at select Universal Studios, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk restaurants and shops, excluding Emeril's, Bubba Gump, Fossil and Fresh Produce. Discount does not apply to merchandise and food carts, tattoos or services associated with tattoos, alcohol, tobacco, candy, film, collectibles or sundry items. Offers valid for up to six people. AAA members can show their cards also receive the following Discounts for up to 6 people: • 10% off at the Palm Restaurant at Hard Rock Hotel
• 10% off food, nonalcoholic beverages & merchandise at Hard Rock Cafe
• 10% off merchandise with a $50.00 minimum spend, tax inclusive
• 15% off merchandise with a $75.00 minimum spend, tax inclusive
• 10% off food/beverage in the park
• 10% off at participating CityWalk locations
• 10% off at Hollywood Drive-in Golf
• 15% off at the Mandara Spa treatments of $100 or more, Monday through Thursday only
• There have also been reports that AAA members can get 10% of the $50 family dinner at the Three Broomsticks restaurant located in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Islands of Adventure. The meal includes a large salad w/Italian dressing, 4 pieces of chicken (2 each breast w/wing and leg w/thigh), 4 ribs, sauteed seasonal vegetables and roasted potatoes.
Deals at the Palm Restaurant at the Hard Rock Hotel
The Palm Restaurant at the Hard Rock Hotel advertises special deals on it's web site. Check the Palm's Specials page for additional deals.
Hard Rock Rewards Program
Hard Rock reward program has two levels, a free membership and a paid membership. The free membership is good for the Hard Rock Cafe at Universal Orlando, among other locatons. Members get exclusive offers, earn points for visits, earn a single-use first available priority seating coupon for every 3rd visit, and more. 20 reward points will be added to the cardholder’s account for every $1 spent on food, nonalcoholic beverages or merchandise (excludes taxes and gratuity). Members will get a $15 Rewards Coupon for every 5,000 points earned. The Rewards Coupon is valid for 6 months from date of issue and may be used towards qualifying purchases at any participating Hard Rock Cafe, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Rock Shop or at rockshop.hardrock.com. Both the free and paid programs offer rewards points for staying at Hard Rock Hotels and a reward welcome amenity at participating Hard Rock Hotels (the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando is excluded). Paid membership requires at $24.95 annual fee and offers unlimited first available priority seating at participating Hard Rock Cafes and 30 points for every $1 spent on food, nonalcoholic beverages or merchandise. Paid members also get late check out, room upgrades, and more at participating Hard Rock Hotels and Resorts. There is also a VIP Welcome Package with Hard Rock collectible when you join. Join either program online. There are reports that the free Hard Rock Rewards card is available upon request when you check into the Hard Rock Hotel Orlando.
For other Universal Orlando Dining Discounts & Coupons, visit our dining coupon section.
Park Services and Entertainment Tips:
• Self-parking at USO is $16 per day for cars and motorcycles and $22 for RVs and trailers. There is also preferred parking for $22 and valet parking for $15 (under 2 hrs) and $25-$30 (dependent on whether time is before or after 6 p.m. and over 2 hrs). Florida Residents can park Free after 6:00 pm with proof of residency. Also after 6:00 p.m., self-parking is $5 for everyone on non-event nights. If you keep your keep your receipt, you may leave the lot and re-enter later in the day at no additional charge. Also, select CityWalk restaurants will validate 2 hour parking for lunch when you dine between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Those with an Orlando FlexTicket that have previously parked at another eligible park on the same day need only pay for parking at the first park visited. For information on how to get to Universal Studios from Walt Disney World without a car, click here.
• At the parks, guests who have not purchased 'Park-to-Park + Unlimited Express' (VIP) tickets or an Express Pass or who are not staying at a Universal Orlando Resort hotel, have the option of purchasing Universal’s Ride Reservation System, Q-bot, an interactive pager that allows guests to make one ride reservation at a time. Q-bot has two versions and each is priced accordingly - "limited" offers one reservation only per ride and "unlimited" allows guests to make reservations for each ride as many times as they like and time allows. Like Universal's Express Pass, the price is per person, varies daily and generally runs $10 - $20 less than purchasing an Express Pass (depending on the version you choose). You may obtain a separate Q-bot device for each person in your party or have up to 6 people assigned to one Q-bot. A signed contract and credit card is required to purchase Q-bot. There is a $50 deposit and signed contract for each Q-bot device obtained; however, your card won't be charged unless you fail to return the device by the end of the day or damage it. Cash is not accepted. Unlike Express Pass or VIP tickets, Q-bot is not a "front of the line" pass, and it won't get you on any ride faster than standing in the regular line. If a ride or attraction has a 45 minute wait at the time of making your reservation, then your reservation will be for 45 minutes later. Since you can ride "anytime" after your reservation time (Q-bot buzzes you), Q-bot allows you to make better use of your time and skip the standing - much like Disney's free FastPass system. Q-bot uses Universal's Express entrances for ride reservations and is available for all Express Pass access rides and attractions. Q-bot can not be purchased for multiple days at one time, and additional days must be purchased separately on each day of use.
• Lockers are available near most major rides in which loose articles are not permitted and are free of charge for the first hour. After the first hour, you will need a credit card to pay the additional fee and retrieve your belongings. All day lockers are available inside the Main Entrance of each of our theme parks for a rental fee of $8.00 per day, with family size lockers available for $12.00 per day. Guests have unlimited access to these lockers during the course of the day. Additional lockers are available at select attractions inside Universal Studios and Universal's Islands of Adventure for $4.00 for the first 90 minutes; $3 for each additional hour; with a $20.00 per day maximum.
• Guests can reserve ECV's up to one year prior. Fees are $50 per day with $50 deposit. Wheelchairs $15.00 per day with $50 deposit. All reserved vehicles must be picked up by 11 a.m. on the day of reservation and signed rental contract is required. For more information call Guest Services - 407.224.4233
• Universal provides a daytime kennel at the parking facility. The fee is $15.00 per pet. Guests should bring pet food and plan to visit their pet at least once during the day. Call 407.224.9509 for more info. Premier Pass holders will receive 50% off of one pet boarding per pass / per day.
• Universal Photo Connect is Universal Orlando's photo collecting and sharing service. As with Disney's PhotoPass, official photographers will give you a Photo Connect card with a unique barcode. You may reuse the same card across property and on all participating rides, but you must get a new card each day of your visit. Unlike Disney's PhotoPass, in order for your photos to be available online, you must first purchase a Star Card Package ($59.95 plus tax) at either of the two Photo Connect stores located just inside the entrance of each park. Individual prints from your standard Photo Connect card can also be purchased at the Photo Connect stores, but only on the same day. Those photos on your standard Photo Connect card that are not purchased by the end of the day are forfieted. The Star Card Package covers three consecutive days and includes digital proofs of all of your in-park and ride photos, (1) 8×10 or 5×7 photo print per package, Photo Connect lanyard, customized Photo Connect Card (good for use on multiple days), Photo CD of all your pictures, and discounts up to 20% on prints, videos, and accessories sold at the Photo Connect Stores. Annual Passholders can purchase a Star Card Package for $59.95 plus tax that is good all year long. Special effect photos, such as holding the 3 blind mice or pointing to Puss 'n Boots are available in the parks. Star Card packages can also be pre-purchased online at a $10 discount for just $49.95.
• Those looking to play a single round of golf at one of Universal's Hollywood Drive-In Golf courses will pay $13.99 plus tax for adults and $11.99 plus tax for children (ages 3 to 9). Guests can get a 25% discount when they play a second course and experience both "The Haunting of Ghostly Green" and "Invaders from Planet Putt" courses. "Hollywood Drive-In Golf" is located in the CityWalk area and is open daily from 8 a.m. to 2 a.m. Universal Orlando Annual Passholders get a 10% discount on admission.
Park Internet Access and WiFi Tips:
• AT&T has activated three new 4G mobile Internet cell sites at key locations across Universal Theme Parks and CityWalk that should enhance coverage and provide speeds up to four times faster than 3G. Word is that Islands of Adventures guests may still notice speed problems around the Wizarding World of Harry Potter area, due to large buildings, trees and ride structures.
• Universal Studios Florida now offers "limited" free public WiFi but it's not up to par with the WiFi at Disney parks. The WiFi is available only near Fear Factor and the former Amity area. To connect, look for UNIVERSAL under your detected networks. The new WiFi supports the Universal ScreenPlay app. Universal ScreenPlay is an augmented reality entertainment adventure app that allows guests visiting Universal Parks & Resorts in Florida to experience their favorite Universal movies and characters in a new way by putting them into their favorite Universal movies. For example, guests can interact with the movie posters on the Harry Potter construction walls at Universal Studios. Guests can also create Virtual Postcards of family and friends with some of Universal Studios Florida’s most popular characters, and then share the fun on Facebook and Twitter. For the best experience, guests are recommended to download Universal ScreenPlay via Wi-FI before their park visit and allow ScreenPlay to access their Camera Roll to enable all functions. Once guests are in the park, they can simply look for the ScreenPlay signs and follow directions on their device to enjoy the app. The app is free and currently available at the Apple store and the Google Play store.
• You can also get complimentary WiFi access at the BK Whopper Bar, located on the second floor of CityWalk's food court. To connect, look for BK-Guest-WiFi under your detected networks.
• For paid Internet access, you can visit Wossamotta U at Islands of Adventure. If you have your own device, the cost is 30 minutes for $10.00 plus tax, 15 minutes for $7.00 plus tax, or 10 minutes for $5.00 plus tax. The shop also has desktop computers you can use.
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey Ride Tips:
• There is no Express Pass access for the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride! Thus, everyone is on a more or less even playing field when it comes to queuing up for this ride. Your best bet for experiencing this attraction, and all of the attractions Wizarding World has to offer, is to avoid the crowds as much as possible. The best way to avoid the crowds is to stay at one of Universal Orlando's 3 deluxe hotels (Portofino Bay, Hard Rock Hotel, or Royal Pacific Resort) or book a Universal vacation package at one of Universal's off-site partner hotels (there are over 40 to choose from). With either of these options you will get early park admission to experience The Wizarding World of Harry Potter one hour before the general public. Visit our Universal Discount page for information on Universal hotel stays and vacation packages. If you don't purchase a Universal hotel stay or vacation package, your best bet for avoiding the crowds is to visit Wizarding World in the evening hours - especially during the busier times of the year such as Spring Break, the Summer months and the holiday season.
• It's often worth renting a locker to store your belongings before going on Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, either at the park entrance or at the less crowded Dragon Challenge lockers (the 1st hour is free but you will probably need more time than that). Otherwise, you may have to stand some very long lines just to store your belongings in the Forbidden Journey ride lockers. Over an hour wait is not unheard of. You cannot have bags, or anything hanging on your person such as cameras, cell phones or sunglasses, to ride the Forbidden Journey ride at Islands of Adventure.
• You can bypass the long lines for the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride by using the single rider line. Be aware that this line completely bypasses most of the Hogwart's Castle walk-through queue, which is well worth spending time exploring. You'll have to decide whether to skip the castle queue based on the length of the wait for the regular line. When using the single rider line, your party will not have the option of riding in the same ride vehicle and will be asked to take any available empty seat. The line is not advertised and you may have to ask a ride attendant for directions. Once your entire party has ridden via the single rider line, you can take the Hogwarts Castle Tour if it is available.
• Hogwarts Castle Tour is a queue for those who don't want to ride but would like to enjoy the rest of this attraction. The castle offers multiple versions for each of the various holographic animations and this self-guided tour can be a great way to catch a few of them, as the tour has its own leisurely line through the castle (the regular line moves much faster through the castle). Plus, since you agree not to ride the attraction, you can bring your camera. Another bonus of the tour line is that it goes through a different, much larger, talking portrait room than the regular line!
• In many cases, using the single rider line and castle tour line, you will save time over using the regular queue to ride and experience the castle. Recently, however, Universal has been closing the Hogwart's Castle Tour when the park is busy, so while this strategy should save you time getting on the ride, it will not guarantee that you will be able to see it all.
• Also, this attraction has size restrictions that may limit some riders ability to ride. Size restrictions can mean height, chest or thigh dimensions, or weight, since it depends on the rider's ability to fit within the ride's safety restraint as well as the seat. If you are concerned, you may use the "test" seats in front of the Hogwarts Castle gates. A green light means you will have no problems fitting in the seat; a yellow light means you may have to wait for one of the special seats modified for larger riders; a red light means there are no seats that will accommodate your size on this attractions. The height restriction for this ride is 48 inches.