Disneyland Resort Rehabs & Closures
** All information is subject to change.**
Closure and Refurbishment schedules are subject to change at any time. For the latest information, call Disneyland at (714) 781-7290 and at the prompts(3) select: option 1, option 1 and option 4. Schedules below are meant as an informative guide only and are gathered from a number of official and unofficial sources.
- Astro Orbitor will be closed for refurbishment from January 7 through TBD.
- Sleeping Beauty Castle and the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walk Through will be closed for refurbishment from January 17 through spring 2019.
- Fantasmic! will be dark from January 21 through early March.
- Sailing Ship Columbia will be closed for refurbishment from January 22 through TBD.
- Space Mountain will be closed for refurbishment from February 25 through TBD.
- Jedi Training has now ended at Disneyland’s Tomorrowland. There is no word on if a similar version of the show will be added to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at this time.
- A new Star Wars-themed Land called Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be coming to Disneyland park, allowing Star Wars fans to step into the stories from a galaxy far, far away. This authentic land will have two signature attractions, including the ability to take the controls of one of the most recognizable ships in the galaxy, the Millennium Falcon, on a customized secret mission – an epic Star Wars adventure that puts guests in the middle of a climactic battle. The projected opening for the Star Wars-themed land is 2019.
Disney California Adventure
- Grizzly River Run will be closed for refurbishment from January 7 through TBD.
- World of Color will be closed for refurbishment through TBD.
- Silly Symphony Swings will be closed for refurbishment from March 4 through TBD.
- King Triton’s Carousel has closed. It will be rebranded as Jessie’s Critter Carousel. Inspired by Jessie’s wilderness friends in the “Woody’s Roundup” television show from “Toy Story 2,” this newly reimagined attraction is a classic boardwalk carousel with a whimsical spin. Saddle up on one of 56 adorable friends, choosing from a turtle, snake, buzzard, armadillo, bunny, deer, raccoon, ram, skunk and two cozy logs inhabited by a family of owls. This attraction is expected to open in 2019.
- It’s Tough to Be a Bug has closed permanently to make way for the upcoming Marvel-themed land.
Disneyland Resort Hotels
- D-Ticket pool, Monorail pool and Waterslides, and Mickey and Minnie spas will be closed for refurbishment from January 7 and March 2019. Guests are invited to enjoy the E-Ticket pool. Guests looking to experience a waterslide will have access to the California Streamin’ slide at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel. Guests may see and hear construction work in various areas. To minimize any disruptions, work will be limited to the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily.
- The Monorail pool and Waterslides will be unavailable for Guest use from March 2019 to May 2019. During this timeframe, Guests are invited to enjoy the E-Ticket pool, the D-Ticket pool and the Mickey and Minnie spas. Please note that work in the pool area will still be ongoing near the D-Ticket pool and Mickey and Minnie spas. Guests looking to experience a waterslide will have access to the California Streamin’ slide at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel. Guests may see and hear construction work in various areas. To minimize any disruptions, work will be limited to the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily.