Disneyland Resort Closures and Rehabs for Theme Parks and Hotels
** All information is subject to change.**
Closure and Refurbishment schedules are subject to change at any time. For the latest information, call Disneyland at (714) 781-7290 and at the prompts(3) select: option 1, option 1 and option 4. Schedules below are meant as an informative guide only and are gathered from a number of official and unofficial sources.
- Indiana Jones Adventure is closed for refurbishment until May 25.
- Disneyland Monorail will be closed for refurbishment through June 16.
- The Main Street Electrical Parade will end its run at Disneyland on August 20.
- Rivers of America and the Disneyland Railroad has closed temporarily to make room for a new Star Wars-themed land at Disneyland Park. Attractions along the Rivers of America that are closed include:
Mark Twain Riverboat and Sailing Ship Columbia
Rafts to Tom Sawyer Island
Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island
Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes
These attractions are expect to reopen in summer 2017. During the closures, Disneyland will offer special experiences. Guests can visit the Main Street or New Orleans Square stations to get a closer look at the historic trains and visit with Disneyland engineers. Outside the Jungle Cruise, skippers will share tales of their adventures working for the Jungle Navigation Company and special experiences are also planned for the Mark Twain Riverboat and the Sailing Ship Columbia.
- Fantasmic! will return with an updated show beginning later this summer. Upon its return, Fantasmic! will feature new magic, including new mist screens that will combine with innovative, state-of-the-art projection technology for brighter and more vibrant visuals than ever before. Lifelike pixie dust will dazzle the audience as Mickey Mouse himself interacts with new special lighting effects that respond to his motions. The show will feature new scenes inspired by “The Lion King” and “Tangled,” with Rapunzel and Flynn Rider joining other Disney couples in a romantic sequence. From Disney’s animated classic, “Aladdin,” Aladdin and Jasmine float over a bed of fog on their flying carpet during “A Whole New World.” The Pirates of the Caribbean even hijack Mickey Mouse’s imagination in a thrilling sequence with Captain Jack Sparrow aboard a ghostly pirate ship.
- A new Star Wars-themed Land will be coming to Disneyland park, allowing Star Wars fans to step into the stories from a galaxy far, far away. This authentic land will have two signature attractions, including the ability to take the controls of one of the most recognizable ships in the galaxy, the Millennium Falcon, on a customized secret mission – an epic Star Wars adventure that puts guests in the middle of a climactic battle. The projected opening for the Star Wars-themed land is 2019.
Disney California Adventure
- Disney Junior – Live on Stage! will be closed for refurbishment until May 25.
- Animation Academy will be closed for refurbishment from May 30 through June 2.
- Turtle Talk with Crush will be closed for refurbishment from May 30 through June 9.
- Sorcerer’s Workshop will be closed for refurbishment from May 30 through TBD.
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
- A general Resort refurbishment will occur until the Fall of 2017. Guests may see and hear construction as we make improvements to Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. To minimize any disruptions, activities that may create noise will not start earlier than 9:00 a.m. The pools and poolside cabanas will be closed for refurbishment from January 2017 to spring 2017. The pools and waterslides at the Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel will be available, and poolside cabanas at Disneyland Hotel will be available for reservations. The Great Hall lobby will be refurbished and access will be limited beginning June 2017 through early August 2017. Some Guest rooms will not be available during this time. Finally, the Craftsman’s Club concierge lounge will be temporarily relocated from early August 2017 through early October 2017.
Elsewhere at the Disneyland Resort
- Until mid-June, the Disneyland Monorail will be closed for refurbishment. Guests of the Disneyland Hotel and Disney Paradise Pier Hotel who need additional assistance should contact Front Desk Cast Members.