World of Color features more than 1,200 fountains erupt together to create elaborate patterns, dancing to music. Together with fire effects, fog, lasers and animation projected on the water screens create a spectacular display across the lagoon of Paradise Pier at Disney California Adventure at the Disneyland Resort. Since debuting in 2010, the show has featured updates that include new Disney films as they are released.
Disneyland’s World of Color
Type of Attraction: Show – Hydrotechnic
Duration of Attraction: 22 minutes
Show Times: Typically, First Show starts at 9:00 p.m. and the Second Show starts at 10:15 p.m.
The roped-off, reserved viewing areas offer the best vantage point to fully experience World of Color. All reserved viewing areas for World of Color are standing-room only.
In order to enter the reserved viewing areas, Guests must either join the virtual queue or have a voucher from a World of Color Dining Package or Dessert Party. Joining the virtual queue for World of Color is not required to view the spectacular, but it is highly recommended. Additional viewing for each performance is located around Paradise Bay on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Guests with a valid ticket and theme park reservation for the same day may be able to join the virtual queue in the Disneyland app beginning at 12:00 PM (noon), subject to availability.
- To access the virtual queue, Guests must have entered Disney California Adventure Park with a one-park ticket or Park Hopper ticket, or Disneyland Park with a Park Hopper ticket.
- If the virtual queue reaches capacity, please visit the Paradise Bay viewing area 30 to 45 minutes before showtime to check in with a Cast Member for walk-up viewing options.
- Guests with a virtual queue selection will receive a notification through the Disneyland app to enter the viewing area via one of the 2 marked entrance points (Blue or Yellow), approximately 45 minutes before the show begins.
Another way to enjoy reserved/preferred viewing is to obtain your voucher through the World of Color Dining Packages or World of Color Dessert Party. Dining packages include a 3 course dinner, 1 non-alcoholic beverage, and 1 voucher to the preferred viewing area, the World of Color Dessert Party is a seated event during the World of Color in Paradise Gardens Park
Did You Know?
There are 6 dome projection screens. It took 15 months to transform Paradise Bay for World of Colors. The underwater grid has over 18,000 point of control! At 50ft high and 380ft wide (19,000 sq. ft. in all) World of Color has one of the world’s largest projected water screens. The score of World of Color spans 8 decades of classic Disney music and songs. It took 5 months to program the show and 6 technical directors to run the show.
The Mouse For Less Tips
- We highly recommend being available to join the virtual queue as soon as it is available for this show. Although walk-up viewing areas are available, the assigned areas offer much better viewing of the show.
- Storyteller’s Café has recently been added to the dining package options. Enjoy a delicious buffet dinner as opposed to a sit down 3 course meal before the show.
- Remember that viewing areas are standing only (including preferred viewing). The show is roughly 22 minutes, but for a young child or elderly person this might be tiring. Keep in mind those you are visiting with and everyone’s physical needs.
- The nighttime show is a water show. This means if it is a windy evening, the mist may spray the audience. Therefore, you may get wet.