The average return park goer goes to Walt Disney World once every three years. If you are that park goer it’s nice to know the new things to do at Disney World since 2017. This blog covers attractions, lands and entertainment. Two other posts, Walt Disney World’s New Restaurants 2017 – 2020 and Changes to Disney World’s Resorts and Transportation 2017 – 2020, will cover the rest.
I guess that we are the average park goers. We last went in January 2017 and are returning later this month. Therefore, most of what is listed will be new to us too. But we heavily researched this so that you can benefit from what we learned.
The Biggest New things to do at Disney World – The Lands
Immersive lands are probably the biggest new things to do at Disney World. When Disney World added Pandora – World of Avatar, Toy Story Land and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge it allow you to step into and experience new worlds. This new, immersive philosophy of land building allows you to experience a single theme in a complete and supporting way. Each new land contains several major ride attractions. These three lands are our target experiences for our upcoming trip.
The Hot, New things to do at Disney World – Dance Parties
Three years ago we barely heard of a Disney dance party. Now four dance parties are included in our list of new things to do at Disney World. Kids seem to love the change to jump, twirl and clap to Disney characters providing a happy beat. Some even dance. However, it can be the happiest bit of mayhem in the park.
The Epcot International Festival of the Arts
We could call this new things to do at Disney World We Already Experienced and Loved. The festival runs from mid-January to mid-February. There are Broadway concerts, art exhibits, creative workshops, and lots of good food. This is one of the most interactive festivals at Epcot. It’s just my son and I on this trip so we will take advantage to take advantage of the clever photo ops that will put us into famous pictures. Mom can log into Memory Maker to check our progress.
New things to do at Disney World – The List
There is literally too many new things to do in Disney World to provide each activity their own description. If you are interested in any then you should click on the hyperlink to find out more. Changing bands and performers are not listed as Disney changes these regularly without notice.
Attractions scheduled to open are included with estimated start dates.
- Happily Ever After (Nighttime Fireworks/Projection Show – Castle)
- Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party! (Dance Party – Main Street)
- Epcot Forever (Nighttime Fireworks/Projection Show – Showcase Lagoon)
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along (Film Sing Along – World Showcase France)
- Awesome Planet (Film – Land Pavillion)
- Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360 (360 Film – World Showcase Canada)
- SUMMER: Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure (Major Attraction World Showcase France)
- 2020: HarmonioUS (Nighttime Fireworks/Projection Show – Showcase Lagoon)
- 2021: Wondrous China (Film – World Showcase China)
Disney Hollywood Studios:
- Slinky Dog Dash (Major Attraction – Toy Story Land)
- Alien Swirling Saucers (Ride – Toy Story Land)
- Disney Junior Dance Party! (Dance Party – Animation Courtyard)
- BB-8 Astromech on Duty (Character Meet – Animation Courtyard)
- Wonderful World of Animation (Nighttime Fireworks/Projection Show –Hollywood Boulevard)
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (Major Attraction – Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge)
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (Major Attraction – Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge)
- Savi’s Workshop (Interactive Experience (Extra Purchase) – Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge)
- Droid Depot (Interactive Experience (Extra Purchase) – Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge)
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy (Theater Show – Sunset Boulevard)
- MARCH 4: Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway (Major Attraction – Hollywood Boulevard)
- MARCH 4: Mickey Shorts Theater (Short Films – Echo Lake)
- Avatar Flight of Passage (Major Attraction – Pandora-The World of Avatar)
- Na’vi River Journey (Major Attraction – Pandora-The World of Avatar)
- Valley of Mo’ara (Walk Through – Pandora-The World of Avatar)
- Rivers of Light (Nighttime Water and Light Spectacular – Lagoon)
- The Animation Experience (Drawing Class – Conservation Station)
- UP! A Great Bird Adventure (Stadium Show – Asia)
- Miss Adventure Falls (Raft Ride – Typhoon Lagoon)
- Cirque du Soleil show called “Drawn to Life.” (Ticketed Performance – Disney Springs)
What are you looking forward to experiencing that’s new at Walt Disney World? Let us know your suggestions in the comments or on Facebook or Twitter!
Did you like this article? Make sure to share it with your friends! Check below for easy ways to share!
Want to visit the Walt Disney World Resort? Contact The Magic for Less Travel for more information and a free, no-obligation quote.
Incoming search terms:
- https://www themouseforless com/blog_world/new-things-to-do-at-disney-world-2017-thru-2020/