This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- Spaceship Earth at Epcot will be closing at 8:00 p.m. for routine maintenance from October 1-4. Any Guests with FastPass+ plans for the attraction during that time will be provided with other options, including another time for Spaceship Earth that fits within their itinerary or a FastPass+ selection for another experience. Spaceship Earth is planned to resume normal operating hours on October 5.
- Starting October 21, Rafiki’s Planet Watch and the Wildlife Express will not be available to Guests visiting Disney’s Animal Kingdom. The two re expected to reopen in the Spring of 2019.
- Beginning November 4, Guests visiting the Magic Kingdom will be able to enjoy breakfast at The Plaza Restaurant on Main Street, U.S.A. The menu will include delicious breakfast fare such as eggs, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes, create-your-own omelet, lobster benedict and Mickey waffles.
- Starting in December, the number of attractions available for Disney Early Morning Magic at the Magic Kingdom will be increased and the breakfast offering will be moved to a more spacious venue, giving more Guests the opportunity to experience the event. Breakfast will be served at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and will include the following:
- Assorted juices
- Seasonal fruit
- Freshly baked pastries
- Cheese and cured meats
- Scrambled eggs
- Smoked bacon
- Breakfast potatoes
Attractions will include:
- Beginning on October 16, Guests will be able to access a new online vacation-planning destination and purchase tickets priced by the date of visit. These changes give guests an enhanced way to purchase theme park tickets and help them more easily plan their Disney vacation. The new online vacation-planning destination features park offering overviews, travel tips from Disney Parks Moms Panelists, and customized suggestions based on each Guest’s personal preferences – helping guests make more informed decisions. When Guests are ready to purchase tickets online, they will be able to use an interactive online calendar, which displays different prices based on the dates that the Guest chooses to visit and states when tickets will need to be used by during a specific time period. The calendar also allows guests to quickly see the lowest-priced days within a month. We’ll have more information as it becomes available.