This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- Since the Walt Disney World Resort reopened following their COVID-19 closures, the resort has worked diligently to keep Guests safe. One way that they have done this is through the use of temperature checks. Guests had to have their temperatures checked prior to entering the parks, dining locations, and more. However beginning May 16, temperature checks will be ending at the Walt Disney World Resort. More details about this change can be found here.
- For 2021, the Magic Kingdom will not be holding Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Instead they will be offering the Disney After Hours BOO BASH! Disney After Hours BOO BASH will take place on select nights from August 10 – October 31. There will be Halloween-themed cavalcades and character sightings throughout the park. There will also be special performances by the Cadaver Dans, décor, lighting, music and trick or treating. More details can be found here.
- If you are wanting to have a special moment captured during your Walt Disney World vacation, the Capture Your Moment option from Disney PhotoPass is the perfect option. And soon you’ll be able to have photographs taken at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Capture Your Moment is a personalized 20-minute photo session and is a great option for those celebrating a special occasion, like as a proposal, baby announcement, honeymoon, anniversary, birthday, graduation, first visit, and more. More details about how to schedule and how the process works can be found in this article.
- A Celebration of Festival of the Lion King has soft opened at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- EPCOT has opened a brand new geleteria! Found in the Italy pavilion Guests can now grab sweet treats at Gelateria Toscana. We’ve got the menu here.
- Beginning May 16, Chef Mickey’s, which is currently offering only breakfast, will once again offer dinner! The menu will be an all-you-care-to-enjoy family-style dinner. And yes, Mickey and gang will be present! You’ll be able to snap a selfie or wave hello from a distance. Click here to learn what will be on the menu.
- Cape May Café at Disney’s Beach Club Resort will be reopening on May 18! The restaurant will still serve breakfast and dinner, but Minnie’s Beach Bash Character Breakfast and the Seafood-and-More Dinner Buffet will not return at reopening. We do have the menu offerings here though.
- Tusker House at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be reopening this summer with a modified character meal.
- The Wave…of American Flavors & The Wave Lounge at Disney’s Contemporary Resort will be unavailable this summer as this space is refurbished. Reservations will be available through July 15, 2021.
- The Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser at the Walt Disney World Resort will take you to a galaxy far, far away, quite literally, now beginning in 2022. (It was originally supposed to open in 2021.) This all-immersive, two-night vacation experience will go beyond anything Disney has ever created before, as Guests will be able to live out every single Star Wars dream they’ve ever had.