This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Ah…can you feel it? Love is in the air? Valentine’s Day is tomorrow, so it is the time to celebrate those that you love and care about–whether they are a significant other, a child, a sibling, a parent, or even a friend.
Of course, most associate Valentine’s Day with romance, so I figured I’d take a look at some of the more romantic restaurant options for those of you heading down to Walt Disney World. Whether it’s for an anniversary, Valentine’s Day, a night out on the town, or whatever, there are a lot of great options to choose from!
- California Grill: I think this is the one that most people think about. I mean, how can you go wrong with that view? Since the California Grill sits atop Disney’s Contemporary Resort, you have a fantastic view of the Magic Kingdom. What makes it even more special is if you are there during the fireworks. (Though I would say sunset would be pretty darn romantic too.) On top of the spectacular view, you have the fantastic menu which features sushi, flatbreads, and delicious entrees such as Pork Two Ways, Bison Tenderloin, Alaskan Halibut, and more. Not to mention the fantastic selection of wines on hand. A meal here is top notch.
- Victoria and Albert’s: Ok…if you aren’t thinking about California Grill for that ultimate night out, I bet you are thinking about Victoria and Albert’s. This highly regarded restaurant located at Disney’s Grand Floridan Resort has an elegant touch and is the ultimate in high-class dining. While it isn’t the easiest of reservations to obtain, it’s certainly one of the most unique, and of course, romantic.
- Jiko: Looking for a romantic setting with a unique culinary experience? Consider Jiko – The Cooking Place. This location features dishes with African inspiration, as well as many African wines. While many may first think that the dining experience may be a bit scary, it’s actually very delicious. Dishes are things you’d normally try, with just a touch of African flavor, such as salmon, lamb, beef short ribs, and more. Then there’s the setting…which is gorgeous and features the warm colors of an African sunset.
- The Hollywood Brown Derby: If you want a romantic meal in a theme park, head to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Here you’ll be able to experience a wonderful meal in a great setting. The restaurant is themed after the old Hollywood version, complete with caricatures on the walls of celebrities! Plus, I mean the restaurant is famous for its Cobb salad and grapefruit cake. Looking for another way to have romance here? Consider dining outside at the Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge. You’ll get to experience the park, while dining on fantastic bites!
- Monsieur Paul: In the France Pavilion at Epcot is one of the least talked about, but one of the most romantic meals I think you can have. Monsieur Paul is a culinary delight featuring gourmet French cuisine and fantastic French wines. Plus, the view is stunning. If you’re looking for something that costs less on the Disney Dining Plan, but still have the French feel, consider Les Chefs de France.
- Narcoossee’s: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort makes it with another top spot, Narcoossee’s. The restaurant features quite a lot of seafood, however, there are other options that will make anyone happy. From lobster bisque to grilled filet mignon, scallops to pork rib chop, there are tons of offerings to choose from. Plus, you can’t beat the setting–Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort. Don’t really like seafood? Consider the Mediterranean-inspired Citricos instead.
Celebrating your love with a romantic meal at Walt Disney World is the bees knees. (Yep…I said it.) As you can see, there are lots of great options to choose from. The problem becomes deciding which one you want to experience. Make sure you look at the menus and find out which one appeals to you and your significant other. Oh and one last suggestion…save room to share dessert!
What did I miss? Which restaurant do you think should be added to this list? Did I pick your favorite romantic restaurant? Why is it a favorite for you? Let me know in the comments!