This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- Most of the artists for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival‘s Eat to the Beat concert series have been announced. New to this year’s concert series will be Sheila E, Glass Tiger, 98 Degrees, and Jim Belushi and The Sacred Hearts. For the full list, make sure to check out our Eat to the Beat page.
- Rivers of Light at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will not be performed on Sunday, May 13, due to maintenance work.
- Through June 30, Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be offering daily morning Extra Magic Hours from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Extra Magic Hours are available to Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests, and other select area hotels, and they give a Guests a chance to experience some attractions before or after regular park hours. At Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Guests will be able to experience Avatar – Flight of Passage, Na’vi River Journey, Expedition Everest, DINOSAUR, and Triceratops Spin, with Kilimanjaro Safaris also available on some days.
- Beginning May 7, the bridge near the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Hotels will be closed for refurbishment, which means that the FriendShip boat service to Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be unavailable. The pedestrian walkway across the bridge will remain open. Those looking to visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios from Disney’s BoardWalk Resort, Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resort, and the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Hotels will be able to take advantage of bus service.
- From May 1 through June 17, Guests visiting Disney Springs can discover bourbon-inspired beverages and food pairings along a new Bourbon Trail. Bourbon Trail booklets will be available at participating locations and the Disney Springs Welcome Center for a complete guide to the featured items at 18 Disney Springs locations. From bourbon butter-topped bread pudding at House of Blues to a bourbon-enhanced southern sangria at Paddlefish, there will be nearly 40 featured items to enjoy.
- Guests are invited to celebrate an Incredible Summer of Premieres by visiting Exposition Park on the West Side for film-inspired fun including a nightly DJ Dance Party, trivia, photo opportunities, movie merchandise, and arts and crafts for kids. The Incredible Summer of Premieres will continue with the debut weekends of Solo: A Star Wars Story, Incredibles 2, and Ant-Man and The Wasp.