This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- We now have a better look at the menu of Satu’li Canteen, a fast casual dining experience in Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Guests will be able to enjoy healthful dishes and familiar flavors from another world—wholesome grains, fresh vegetables and hearty proteins.Items will include:
- A create your own bowl option that allows for maximum customization. Guests will start with a base of either quinoa and vegetable salad; mixed whole-grain rice; red-and sweet potato hash; or romaine and kale salad. Then add a protein option – either slow-roasted beef, sustainable fish, wood-grilled chicken, or chili-spiced fried tofu. The bowl will then be topped with charred onion chimichurri, black bean vinaigrette, or a cream herb dressing.
- A Steamed “Pod” which are bao buns with either a cheeseburger or vegetable curry filling that is served with root vegetable chips and crunchy vegetable slaw.
- For dessert, a Na’vi blueberry cheesecake served with passion fruit curd
- Kids meals will include the options of choosing grilled chicken, beef, fish, or tofu with greens or rice; a cheese quesadilla, a hot dog wrapped in Parker House dough, or a steamed “pod” (a cheeseburger bao bun.)
- Rolling out with the introduction of Satu’li Canteen will be the all new Mobile Order system through the My Disney Experience app. Mobile Order will allow Guests to customize and order their meals and pay for them on the go. Guests can bypass the ordering queue when they arrive at the restaurant. Once you arrive, you will tap the “I’m Here” button in the app which will alert the kitchen to start preparing you meals and when your meal is ready, Guests will be alerted through the app that it is ready to be picked up at a special window designated for Mobile Order orders. During the initial launch period, the only form of payment accepted is credit card and no discounts or dining plans will be able to be applied to orders submitted through Mobile Order. Guests requesting to use a discount, dining plan entitlement or those who have special dietary requests should place their order with a Cast Member.
- From May 27 through July 4, Guests who are staying staying at one of the Walt Disney World hotels can explore Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom beyond regular Park hours, courtesy of nightly Extra Magic Hours. These Evening Extra Magic Hours will be available from 11:00 p.m. until 1:00 a.m. Only Pandora – The World of Avatar will be open; no other attractions in the park will be open to Guests. Valid theme park admission and a Resort ID will be required.
- FastPass+ reservations can now be made for the Avatar Flight of Passage and Na’vi River Journey attractions for Guests staying at select Walt Disney Resort hotels. FastPass+ reservations can be made up to 60 days prior to check-in. FastPass+ will be available for both attractions, but Guests will only be able to select one of these two attractions in their first set of FastPass+ selections for the day.
- It’s been extended! Guests will continue to be able to enjoy lunch with the Disney Junior pals through September 3 at Hollywood & Vine at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. At Disney Junior Play ‘n’ Dine, Guests can meet Jake the Pirate, Sofia the First, Handy Manny and Doc McStuffins. Minnie’s Seasonal Dine will occur at Hollywood & Vine for both lunch and dinner beginning September 4! Breakfast at Hollywood & Vine will continue to feature Disney Junior Play ‘n’ Dine, including fun interactive moments with favorite Disney Junior pals Jake, Sofia, Doc McStuffins and Handy Manny after the September 3 date.
- Beginning May 26, a very unique concert experience will take place at Disney’s Hollywood Studios called “The Music of Pixar LIVE! A Symphony of Characters”. This show will include a live orchestra, as well as appearances by beloved Pixar characters including Woody, Jessie, Mike and Sulley, the Incredibles and more. Scores will be showcased beginning with Toy Story, all the way to Cars 3. This show will be performed three times a night in the Theater of the Stars.
- Mission: SPACE at Epcot will be closed for refurbishment from June 5 to late July.
- A brand new cake decorating experience at Amorette’s Patisserie located in the Town Center section of Disney Springs will allow Guests to be able to work side by side with the experts at the bakery to learn how to decorate their own Mickey Dome Cake. Guests will learn how to do the mirror glaze and will decorate the cake all the way down to the finishing touches, including mouse ears, tail, belt, and buttons. During the event, Guests will be able to enjoy complimentary specialty coffee, mimosas and bellinis. The cost is $129 plus tax for up to two Guests who will work on a single cake. A second cake can be purchased for an additional $40. Guests must be at least 10 years of age to participate and space is extremely limited. This experience begins on March 31 and will take place from 8:45 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. every Friday through May 5.