Walt Disney World is not just for kids! It’s a place for all ages, including adults that would like to do a “date night” or a romantic day outing or evening. There are a lot of options for dates at Walt Disney World on all budgets that do not require park admission. If you have children with you on your vacation and require child care in order to have some time alone, there are several onsite babysitting options for you to consider. Surprise your significant other with one of these date options on your next trip! Whether you are on a shoestring budget or want to splurge on a particular event, one of these date ideas is bound to be a lot of fun and may create some magical memories!
Free and Inexpensive Dates
- Take a leisurely stroll through Fort Wilderness and enjoy the atmosphere. This is especially nice during Halloween or Christmas season when you may see decorated campsites.
- Rent canoes at the Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, or petal boats or sea racers at select locations. The canoes and petal boats are most budget-friendly.
- Explore the Boardwalk area at night. Take in a little entertainment and enjoy a snack!
- Head to Animal Kingdom Lodge. Have a drink or snack, and borrow night vision goggles to watch the animals in the Savannah area.
- Go to the River Roost at Port Orleans Riverside. Bob Jackson performs on select nights and puts on a fantastic show!
- Visit Scat Cats at Port Orleans French Quarter. Tom Casey performs on select nights. Treat yourself to some beignets from the Sassagoula Floatwords and Food Factory food court!
- Enjoy the free boat ride between the Port Orleans Resort and Downtown Disney.
- Take a boat ride from the Magic Kingdom to the Polynesian Resort. Have a Dole Whip from Captain Cook’s and watch Wishes from the Polynesian Beach.
- All resorts have outdoor movies at night. Spread out some towels and enjoy Movies Under the Stars!
- Rent bicycles or surrey bikes at select resorts and have fun exploring.
Moderately Priced Dates
- Explore the Port Orleans Resort by taking a carriage ride in the evening.
- Go bowling at Splitsville in Downtown Disney.
- Do you like gaming? Give Disney Quest a try!
- Spend the evening at Jellyrolls or the Atlantic Dance Hall in the Boardwalk area.
- Rent a pontoon boat and sail the Sassagoula River. Make it a picnic by stopping at Earl of Sandwich and getting some sandwiches and drinks to go to enjoy on the boat.
- Take in a movie at the AMC Downtown Disney Theatre.
- Play miniature golf! There are two locations for this, at Blizzard Beach and near the Swan and Dolphin Resort.
- Go horseback riding at Fort Wilderness.
“Let’s Splurge!” Dates
- Take sail with a fireworks cruise or another specialty cruise!
- If you’re up for an adventure, go parasailing at the Contemporary Resort!
- If you like to be pampered, visit one of the spas together. Afterward, schedule a nice dinner.
- Take in a La Nouba performance!
- Make a reservation for California Grill at the Contemporary Resort to enjoy Wishes during dinner.
- For a special dining experience, make reservations at Victoria and Albert’s. For a unique experience, request the Chef’s Table.
Set aside some special time with your significant other during your next Walt Disney World trip, and make some great memories!
Are you looking for more information about Valentine’s Day in the parks? You can find it on our Valentine’s Day pages for Walt Disney World and Disneyland.