This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- A new table-service restaurant is coming to the World Showcase at Epcot called Takumi-Tei. The previously announced addition to the Japan pavilion will provide Guests a signature dining experience inspired by the natural beauty of the country. The upscale dinner menu will highlight wagyu beef and guests interested in the ultimate experience will be able to indulge in a multi-course tasting menu featuring traditional tea service. Signature cocktails and premium sake will be available along with a wine and craft beer menu. More information can be found here.
- The Walt Disney World Resort is already getting ready for the 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. Reservations can now be made for seminars, demonstrations, and special dining experiences.
- It was confirmed that Epcot’s new space-themed table-service restaurant will open later this year with a dining experience that’s truly out of this world. More information about what to expect with this restaurant can be found here.
- The Tomorrowland Speedway at the Magic Kingdom has reopened following a closure for the re-routing of track to make way for the addition of the Tron coaster.
- The Play Disney Parks mobile app connects families and friends to the theme parks with interactive experiences to enjoy. Now, there are two new experiences for Guests to discover before their thrilling log-flume adventure on Splash Mountain in the Magic Kingdom and as they create personalized souvenirs as part of Kidcot Fun Stop at World Showcase in Epcot. Find out the details of these two new games here.
- Mickey’s of Hollywood at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be temporarily closed for refurbishment beginning May 14. The refurbishment will include a new floor layout, merchandise fixtures, new lights, and more. When the location reopens in September, Mickey’s of Hollywood will continue to feature many of the merchandise items that can be found in the shop today.
- At Walt Disney World’s Disney’s Hollywood Studios, you can catch the preview of Toy Story 4 as part of the Walt Disney Presents attraction. The preview begins May 24.
- Guests now have an easier way to book online appointment for experiences such as the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, The Pirates League, and Harmony Barber Shop. With a new online reservation system Guests now have the ability to search for available dates, schedule appointments, or make cancellations to existing appointments. Full details can be found here.
- Tickets are now on sale for the NBA Experience which is slated to open on August 12 at Disney Springs. Inside this new one-of-a-kind destination, Guests can feel what it’s like to be a real basketball star by participating in 13 interactive and hands-on activities. Full pricing information, as well as information about what to expect when stepping foot in this new experiential destination can be found here.
- This summer, Bongo’s Cuban Cafe will be closing at Disney Springs. The Gloria Estefan owned restaurant which is situated in the West Side section of the shopping and dining district is closing because the family will be going a different direction. More details can be found here.