This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- Guests can meet two of their favorite characters from Disney’s “The Lion King” at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Timon and Rafiki are now greeting Guests daily at Character Landing on Discovery Island.
- For a limited time starting November 5, a sneak peek of Frozen 2 will be presented as part of the Walt Disney Presents attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. More details can be found here.
- In a recent update at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the Star Wars inspired menu names have been removed and replaced with simple food titles. For example, the Braised Shaak Roast has become Beef Pot Roast, Smoked Kaadu Ribs is now Smoked Pork Ribs, and the Roasted Endorian Tip-Yip Salad is now simply a Roasted Chicken Salad.
- Splash Mountain at the Magic Kingdom will be closed for refurbishment from January 6 to February 27. The attraction is currently scheduled to reopen to Guests on February 28.
- After an extended downtime, the Disney Skyliner system reopened to all Guests at the Walt Disney World Resort. More details can be found here.
- For Guests looking to use the Minnie Van Airport Service, but weren’t staying an official Walt Disney World Resort Hotel, up until now, you were unable to use this service. Now, additional resort hotels that are found inside the Walt Disney World Resort area are now offering this perk. More details can be found here.
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park will be offering several Halloween activities this year, taking place on October 31. More details can be found here.