This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- From July 31 to October 6, the Mill Stage at the Canada Pavilion in Epcot will feature Blueberry Grass Band, an accomplished group from Quebec who transform French and English Canadian hits. The band will perform Tuesday through Saturday at 2:15 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 5:00 p.m., 6:15 p.m., and 7:30 p.m.
- Guests will be able to meet Darth Vader at Disney’s Hollywood Studios beginning August 29. He will be found in the Star Wars Launch Bay located in the Animation Courtyard. Moving out of the Star Wars Launch Bay and into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be Kylo Ren. More information can be found here.
- Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! will be taking place from November 8 through January 5. During the show, the façade of the Chinese Theater serves as the main backdrop for this fireworks show, which is an immersive experience, that is paired with great musical score including holiday classics with a twist. This spectacular includes fireworks, projections, music, lasers, and yes, a little bit of holiday “snow”. More details can be found here.
- Primeval Whirl at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is still dealing with major technical issues that are forcing the attraction to be closed for an extended period of time. The ride will be closed through July 27, however, it’s still unclear when the ride will reopen to Guests.
- Guests visiting Disney’s Animal Kingdom are now able to experience a new scavenger hunt in Africa themed to “The Lion King.” Some of your favorite characters are hidden around Harambe Village. Each time you spot one, add the corresponding sticker to your map. The maps will be available at Outpost, Discovery Trading Company, Island Mercantile, and Mombasa Marketplace. Return your map to Mombasa Marketplace in Harambe or The Outpost Shop in the Oasis by September 28 or while supplies last for a savanna surprise. More details can be found here.
- This year’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will debut an all new firework show called “Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular.” During the show, Jack Skellington from “The Nightmare Before Christmas” will serve as the host, with state-of-the-art projection effects, lasers, lighting and fireworks filling the sky. Jack has come to tell a not-so-scary story about how anything can happen on Halloween night. Jack’s ghost dog, Zero, then flies off carrying everyone along on a trick-or-treating adventure, where four friends – Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy – find themselves drawn into a mysterious haunted house. Their journey takes them from one room of the house to another, encountering dancing skeletons, waltzing ghosts and a whole series of troublemaking Disney villains. More details about this new show can be found here.
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party will once again offer a premium add-on dining event this year, Tony’s Most Merriest Town Square Party. This specially ticketed dining event allows Guests to be able to dine on an assortment of themed food and beverage offerings at Tony’s Town Square Restaurant. As a special bonus, at 11:00 p.m., Guests will be able to head to Main Street U.S.A. for a private viewing area for the Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade. More details can be found here.
- Due to technical difficulties, Astro Orbiter attraction has been closed to Guests for almost a week at the Magic Kingdom. The attraction will continue to be closed through August 14, reopening to Guests on August 15.
- On September 29, Disney Skyliner gondolas will take flight and officially begin transporting guests around Walt Disney World Resort. The Disney Skyliner will transport Guests to two theme parks and four resorts. It will connect both Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios to four of the Walt Disney World Resort hotels – Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and the upcoming Disney’s Riviera Resort (Which will open in December 2019.) More information can be found here.
- Disney Springs will be hosting the DescenDANCE Party later this month to mark the release of the Descendants 3 on Disney Channel. The dance party will take place July 26 – August 11 from 7:30pm to 10:30pm on the Marketplace Stage. Then, beginning August 16, the DescenDANCE Party will move to Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party nights. More information can be found here.