This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- New tasty treats debuted this week at the Taste Track kiosk located near Test Track at Epcot. Treats include the Berry Explosion Sundae (vanilla ice cream layered with berries and pound cake, topped with whipped cream, strawberry pearls, and cotton candy), a Chocolaty Churro Sundae (vanilla ice cream with hot fudge, chocolate curls, whipped cream, and a churro), as well as an Apple Pie Sundae (vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce, whipped cream, caramel popcorn, salted caramel pearls, and warm apple pie). These sundaes cost $6.50 each. Taste Track is open from 12:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. daily.
- Starting June 5, at Disney’s Hollywood Studios’s Hollywood & Vine, Minnie Mouse will be hosting a summertime beach party celebration. This character dining experience features Minnie Mouse and friends dressed for fun in the sun. The buffet features fried shrimp and chips, peach-glazed barbeque pork, as well as spinach and arugula strawberry salad. Guests can also enjoy decadent desserts like passion fruit tarts and blueberry lemon cupcakes. Reservations are now open, and can be made by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
- Mobile Order will be expanding to Pizzafari starting from June 6 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Using the My Disney Experience app, Guests can select menu items, customize their order and pre-pay for their meal. When they arrive at the restaurant they tap an “I’m here” button in the app, which notifies the kitchen to prepare the meal. Once it is ready, Guests are alerted through the app to pick up their meal at a designated window.
- New resort in-room TV channels (known as “Your Disney Resort”) are now available in all Walt Disney World Resort hotels. “Your Disney Resort” on channel 3 now displays a variety of helpful information (including pool hours, weather forecast, and more) that aims to better assist hotel Guests in their vacation planning during their stay.
- New dining concepts will debut at Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort. Wine Bar George, brought to to life by Master Sommelier George Miliotes will bring an unparalleled wine list including more than 100 selections by the bottle and glass in a range of varietals, vintages and prices. Shareable plates, cheese and charcuterie will complement the wine list, featuring local artisans and seasonally relevant dishes.
- Opening in 2018 on the West Side is Jaleo, a concept by Chef José Andrés. Bringing the spirit and flavors of Spain, the Disney Springs restaurant will feature an extensive menu of tapas that reflect the rich regional diversity of traditional and contemporary Spanish cuisine, such as paella cooked over a wood fire, hand-carved Jamon Iberico de Bellota and wood-grilled Iberico pork.
- Also in 2018, a new Wolfgang Puck concept will open in a new location in Town Center. Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill, will modernize the traditional “bar and grill” concept in a setting inspired by traditional farmhouses with a touch of elegance. The restaurant will capture the essence of laid-back California dining made popular by at Spago. The menu will highlight the best of Puck’s signature dishes with Mediterranean influences, innovative takes on comfort food classics and handcrafted specialty cocktails, beer and wine. The existing Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe will have its final day of service on Aug. 1, 2017.
- Disney Springs will launch preferred parking providing an additional convenient parking option for Guests. Guests may choose preferred parking for $10 and park in the “Lemon” or “Grapefruit” parking lots. Complimentary parking in surface lots and parking garages, as well as valet parking, will remain available.
For Father’s Day, Paddlefish will be offering a 20-ounce Porterhouse, jumbo Gulf shrimp and a double stuffed potato paired with a glass of Turnball Cabernet Sauvignon. And for dessert, a rich red velvet cake. The cost is $85 per person.