This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- Disney PhotoPass has been added to Pirates of the Caribbean at the Magic Kingdom. The photo is taken as Guests prepare to exit the skeleton grotto, right before the drop.
- At the Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival at Epcot, two new Academy award-winning Pixar shorts have joined the lineup. “Feast,” a story that follows the culinary adventures of a Boston Terrier named Winston, and “Piper,” a film about a hungry baby sandpiper learning to overcome her fear of the ocean, will be shown along with the classic Disney short film, “Get a Horse.”
- Beginning July 17, Guests will be able to experience the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party. This brand-new offering includes reserved seating to Illuminations: Reflections of Earth, delicious desserts, snacks, and beverages inspired by the film Frozen, and a special opportunity to enjoy Frozen Ever After after the park closes to the general public. The Frozen Ever After Dessert Party will be held three times each week and will cost $79 for adults and $47 for children ages 3 to 9, tax and gratuity included. This event replaces the existing IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party.
- At Disney’s Animal Kingdom Guests are able to order the Mobile Ordering System and then pick up their meal at a designated window at Flame Tree Barbecue beginning Tuesday, June 20.
- FuelRod kiosks which dispenses portable charging batteries, allowing Guests to charge their mobile devices while continuing to enjoy their Disney experience have been installed at many Walt Disney World Resort Hotels. Each portable charging battery set costs $30 plus tax. When a portable charging battery purchased at a FuelRod kiosk on property is depleted, Guests can swap it for a fully charged battery at no additional cost at any FuelRod kiosk. FuelRod kiosks can now be found:
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside
- Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort (later this month)