This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be introducing an all-new dessert experience for Fantasmic! beginning on Sept. 8. Guests will not only receive reserved seating for the nighttime spectacular, but also during the Fantasmic! Dessert & VIP Viewing Experience Guests will receive a snack box with sweet and savory items (including chocolate covered strawberries and cheese and crackers), one bottle of water, one specialty beverage (alcoholic or non-alcoholic), and a souvenir light-up cup. This new offering is $39.00 for adults (ages 10 and up) and $19.00 for children (ages 3-9). The Fantasmic! Dessert & VIP Viewing Experience can be booked by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
- As previously announced, a portion of the former Streets of America is being re-imagined to become a new area called Grand Avenue. This new area is inspired by present-day downtown Los Angeles, Grand Avenue and is where vintage office buildings and warehouses are being converted to exciting new uses. Guests will soon see facades for “merchants” appearing in this area for a music shop, loft apartments, a tailor and more, with each window on the street featuring charming displays. Part of Grand Avenue will be the new lounge, BaseLine Tap House. This new corner pub will feature California beers and wines along with a selection of small bites. In addition, Muppets Courtyard will be renamed, to the Grand Park.
- Mobile Order will be available at Harambe Market at Disney’s Animal Kingdom beginning August 21. Find out more about the Mobile Order service here.
- Master Sommelier George Miliotes will bring his renowned wine expertise to Disney Springs when his new venture, Wine Bar George, opens in early 2018. The restaurant was originally scheduled to open before the end of 2017 and it will include a food menu featuring small plates, family style items, and a selection of cheese and charcuterie designed to complement the wine list.
- The Express Transportation add-on service that has been available for the past few months at the Walt Disney World Resort will suspend operation beginning Thursday, August 24. Walt Disney World Resort Guests may continue to use all other on-site transportation options. (As a reminder, this is not Disney’s Magical Express that takes Guests to and from the airport. Disney’s Magical Express will continue to run.)