This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- When Disney’s Hollywood Studios officially reopens to Guests on July 15, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will once again be using virtual queue. Guests who experienced the ride before the shutdown should keep in mind that the process will be slightly different this time. More information can be found here about how this process will now work.
- Guests planning on visiting the Walt Disney World Resort this summer should keep in mind that Disney’s Magical Express service will continue to be available to Guests arriving and departing from Orlando International Airport with some modifications. Beginning July 16, luggage delivery service will not be provided for those arriving to and departing from Orlando International Airport. Instead Guests will need to carry their own luggage upon arrival and departure. More information about how this process will work for the time being can be found here.
- Earlier this year, the Walt Disney World Resort temporarily paused 2020 ticket sales and Disney Resort hotel bookings to focus on helping existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders plan their visits with the new Disney Park Pass theme park reservation system. Disney has now resumed ticket sales and hotel bookings for 2020. Guests are now able to purchase new tickets and plan future visits throughout this year with the Disney Park Pass system, which is being used to help manage attendance during this reopening period. More information can be found here.
- All Guests can now book dining reservations again for the Walt Disney World Resort. As a reminder, Guests can take advantage of a 60-day booking window to plan meals and other experiences. More information can be found here.
- Disney has updated its mask rules to be more specific on the type of mask that is acceptable. Neck gaiters and open-chin triangle bandanas are not acceptable, and masks must have at least two layers or material.
- Disney has updated the Disney Park Pass reservation system to give allow more reservations for Annual Passholders. Annual Passholders staying at select Disney Resort are eligible to make theme park reservations for each day of their stay, and now in addition, all Annual Passholders are eligible to make theme park reservations for up to 3 days at a time on a rolling basis. Once you use a theme park reservation, you can make another reservation for a future date.
- Walt Disney World’s two Rainforest Cafe locations have reopened at both Disney Springs and Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Rainforest Cafe at Disney Springs is open 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily, and the Rainforest Cafe at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is open 10:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- EPCOT’s Italy Pavilion restaurants will open alongside the park with modified hours and menus. More information can be found here.