When Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance first opened, the attraction utilized a virtual queue system where Guests would need to arrive to Disney’s Hollywood Studios super early to be able to obtain a boarding pass that would allow them to ride the attraction. Didn’t get there early enough? You were out of luck and you would either be able to join a backup boarding group, or you just wouldn’t be able to ride the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge attraction.
Moving forward, due to the fact that the parks now need to utilize physical distancing, the practice of getting to the parks early to ensure that you get your boarding pass is a thing of the past. When Disney’s Hollywood Studios reopens on July 15, the virtual queue will still be offered, but Disney is going to stagger the times in which boarding passes are released, giving Guests the opportunity to obtain a boarding pass throughout the day.
Moving forward, Guests will have an opportunity at 10:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. or 4:00 p.m. to request to join the virtual queue.
Here’s how obtaining a boarding pass will work:
- Guests will need to make sure they have the My Disney Experience app. Once Guests enter the park, they will need to log in to their account at one of the three distribution times.
- Once logged in, Guests will need to select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen where they will be able to view the current status and learn the next steps for joining the virtual queue.
- The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time. As mentioned previously, like before, backup groups will be available.
- As long as the Guest’s My Disney Experience account is linked to park tickets for you and the others in your group, everyone can get a reservation for the virtual queue at the same time.
- Keep in mind that Guests can only enter the virtual queue once per day.
- Guests will want to make sure push notifications are turned on for My Disney Experience which will alert you if your group is called to return.’
- Guests will have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to be able to ride the attraction.
- Joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
If you have any questions or need assistance with joining the virtual queue, Cast Members at Guest Experience Team locations throughout the park are available to assist.
Currently, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is the only attraction where Guests will need to reserve their spot in line. For other attractions at Walt Disney World Resort, the regular standby queues will be in use and Fastpass+ will not be available.