This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- Guests staying at Disney Resort hotels and other select hotels will soon have more opportunities to take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours benefit with Extra, Extra Magic Hours for a limited time at the Walt Disney World Resort. This new benefit is being introduced with the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, as well as at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and the Magic Kingdom. Additional details can be found here.
- Magic Kingdom: Extra, Extra Magic Hours will happen daily from August 29 through November 2, from 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. and will feature favorite attractions in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: The Extra, Extra Magic Hours will take place daily from September 1 through November 2 from 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m., including Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Toy Story Land and select other attractions. Important – Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and its experiences subject to capacity. Also, note that on August 29-31, Disney’s Hollywood Studios will open at 6:00 a.m. for all guests. There will not be Extra, Extra Magic Hours on those days.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: Extra, Extra Magic Hours will happen daily August 29 through November 2, from 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m., featuring Pandora – The World of Avatar and other attractions throughout the park.
- Epcot: Extra, Extra Magic Hours will NOT be available. Regular Extra Magic Hours will continue to be available on select days at Epcot.
- A new table service restaurant called Roundup Rodeo BBQ is coming to Toy Story Land. The theme of this restaurant is that Andy has created a new rodeo arena using some of his favorite toys, games, and play sets. Full details can be found here.
- In celebration of Toy Story 4, a pop-up merchandise location will be opening in Toy Story Land later this month. Located at the exit of Toy Story Mania!, this shop will feature a variety of Toy Story products, including new items commemorating the upcoming film.
- During Disney’s Hollywood Studios 30th anniversary celebration, a new logo for the park was unveiled, which emphasizes the transformation Disney’s Hollywood Studios is undertaking. The new logo features BB-8 from Star Wars, Woody and Mickey. Take a look at the new logo.
View this post on Instagram
Check out the brand new logo for Disney’s Hollywood Studios! #discoverwdwmagic #nowmorethanever #disneyshollywoodstudios #hosted #WaltDisneyWorld #HollywoodStudios #TheMouseForLess #disneygram #disneyig #instadisney #disneygramer #Disneyblog #disneyblogger #disneytrip #disneyparks #disneyfan #disneyworld #disney #vacationmode #disneyside #themepark #orlando #disneyphoto #disneyphotography #wdw #nowmorethanever #waltdisneyworldresort #disneytrip #disneytips
- Starting in August, a brand new Signature Celebration Package will make Guests feel like royalty with reserved fireworks viewing in the West Plaza Garden and a dessert party in addition to experiencing the character dining they already enjoy at Cinderella’s Royal Table at the Magic Kingdom. More details can be found here.
- Jiko at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge will be offering a limited-time Lion King Dining Experience this summer. Beginning June 30, and priced at $65 per person plus tax and gratuity, the three-course dinner features a selection of menu items and musical accompaniment from live musicians.