This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- Big changes are coming to Epcot. First the main entrance will see enhancement. The main entrance plaza will welcome guests with new pathways, sweeping green spaces and a newly reimagined fountain. As part of the new entry experience, the Leave A Legacy photos will be moving just outside the park’s gateway. Additional significant redevelopment will begin between Spaceship Earth attraction and the World Showcase Promenade.
- In addition, the park will be adding a play pavilion. This new space will be devoted to playful fun and feature an innovative city that’ll come to life under the dome of the un-named pavilion previously known as Wonders of Life. The pavilion’s city will be bursting with interactive experiences, your favorite Disney characters, hands-on activities, and engaging entertainment. It will open in time for the Walt Disney World Resort’s 50th anniversary.
- A new Experience Center will also be coming to Epcot later this year. The Experience Center will be located in the Odyssey Pavilion and will feature interactive exhibits to help visualize park big new projects.
- The full menus for the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival are now available and can be found here.
- Originally expected to open to Guests on March 1, the sneak peek of Disney’s live-action film, Dumbo, will be presented as part of Walt Disney Presents at Disney’s Hollywood Studios now starting on February 28.
- Walt Disney World has introduced updates to FastPass+ aimed at reducing misuse. If a FastPass+ reservation is made and a Guests cancels that resort reservation, the FastPass+ reservations are cancelled as well. This is being done to curb those whohave been abusing the system by making a resort reservation, then making FastPass+ reservations thanks to the 60 day pre-arrival window, and then cancelling the resort reservation. If you do have FastPass+ reservations due that a resort reservation and you cancel, you will have a 2 day grace period to create another resort reservation to keep from having those FastPass+ selections be cancelled.