This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- For 2018, each Guest with a valid theme park admission staying at one of the Disney Springs Resort Area hotels will be able to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours and will be able to make FastPass+ selections 60 days before their arrival date. (Guests must have booked a package reservation for the hotel through a Walt Disney Travel Company package and have a linked, valid theme park ticket). The Disney Spring Resort Area hotels include the following locations:B Resort & Spa
Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort
DoubleTree Guest Suites by Hilton Orlando
Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Palace
Hilton Orlando Resort Lake Buena Vista
Holiday Inn Orlando
Wyndham Lake Buena Vista;
Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista
- Cirque du Soleil and Walt Disney World are working together on a new project that will entertain many more Guests in the future. The new show will draw its inspiration from Disney’s heritage of animation. It will celebrate Disney’s legacy of storytelling in Cirque du Soleil’s signature way, with a tribute to the one-of a kind craftsmanship that makes Disney so extraordinary. La Nouba will end its run on December 31.
- The Hall of Presidents has officially reopened at the Magic Kingdom with many enhancements, including new projectors, that will bring the story of the American presidency to life as never before. As has been the tradition with every new president since the attraction debuted, an Audio-Animatronics figure of President Donald J. Trump has been added to the show and features the latest advances in technology that enable smoother and more lifelike movements. President Trump personally recorded remarks exclusively for The Hall of Presidents, just as each sitting president has done for the attraction since the early 1990s.
- Ample Hills Creamery, located along the promenade of Disney’s BoardWalk Resort, has introduced three new ice cream flavors inspired by Star Wars: The Last Jedi, which will be available for a limited time. Guests can purchase pints for $11.99, or purchase three for $33. Options include:First Order: salted dark chocolate ice cream, white cocoa powder, bittersweet chocolate and a dash of espresso
Resistance: a brown sugar and vanilla bean ice cream with an assortment of mix-ins: red-velvet ooey gooey butter cake, toffee pieces and mini marshmallows.
The Force: sweet cream ice cream, swirled with chocolate fudge, and white and dark chocolate pearls
- Through December 31, Magic Kingdom Guests may enjoy extended operating hours at A Pirate’s Adventure ~ Treasures of the Seven Seas in Adventureland. During that time, park Guests will be able to visit this interactive experience from 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. daily.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders will receive a 10 percent discount on food and non-alcoholic beverages at all Walt Disney World Resort owned and operated table-service restaurants and dinner shows through December 31, 2018.
- The Garden Rocks Concert Series artists for the 2018 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival have been announced. Featuring some of the best music from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and 2000s. Here’s the full line up for next year’s event:Night Ranger “Sister Christian”
STARSHIP starring Mickey Thomas “We Built this City”
Simple Plan “Welcome to My Life”
Little River Band “Reminiscing”
The Orchestra starring former members of ELO “Evil Woman”
New! Foghat “Slow Ride”
New to Garden Rocks! Survivor “Eye of the Tiger”
New to Garden Rocks! Smash Mouth “All Star”
New to Garden Rocks! Rick Springfield “Jessie’s Girl”
New to Garden Rocks! Jo Dee Messina “Stand Beside Me”
New! Lonestar “Amazed”
Blood, Sweat and Tears featuring Bo Bice “Spinning Wheel”
Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone “I’m Henry VIII, I Am”
Village People “Y.M.C.A.”
New! Don Felder, formerly of The Eagles “Hotel California”
The Guess Who “American Woman”
The Spinners “Working My Way Back To You”
Guests can catch the Garden Rocks Concert Series Fridays through Mondays with performances at America Gardens Theatre at 5:30, 6:45, and 8:00 p.m. More information about the Garden Rocks Concert Series dining packages will be shared at a later date.