This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- For a limited time Guests visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be able to preview a sequence from Ralph Breaks the Internet. Guests will get to see this advance look at the film, starting November 2, as part of Walt Disney Presents.
- Beginning December 22, families with little ones visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be able to take part in the all-new “Disney Junior Dance Party!” live show that will rock with high-energy songs, dazzling special effects, new friends and beloved characters. In the show, DJ Deejay and host Finn Fiesta invite everyone in for the party. Kids can play along with favorite Disney Junior stars like Doc McStuffins, Timon from “The Lion Guard,” and Vampirina from the hit Disney Junior series, “Vampirina.” And of course, Mickey Mouse races in from “Mickey and the Roadster Racers,” just in time for the big finale!
- Speaking of Vampirina, she is now appearing for meet and greets in the Animation Courtyard. She is available daily from 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Now Wilderness Explorers badges that were normally available at Rafiki’s Planet Watch (due to the temporary closure of this attraction) will move to the Wildlife Express train station in Africa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Wilderness Explorer badge locations throughout the park are available daily from 10:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- World of Disney at Disney Springs has been transformed into a contemporary, immersive and fun place to shop with an improved store layout. The shop will officially reopen October 27.
- Filming at Walt Disney World for the upcoming holiday television specials (including the Christmas Day Parade) will take place November 7-11 throughout the Walt Disney World Resort. The television specials will air on ABC and Disney Channel in both November and December.
- The new Play Disney Parks app has received an update to include Disney’s Art of Animation Resort and Pandora – The World Of Avatar. The two games include “Stories of the Enchanted Gallery” which uses the Art of Animation Resort gallery as its play area. In the acitivity, you get to be your own animator, creating themed art that transforms into living stories inspired by “Finding Nemo,” “The Lion King,” “The Little Mermaid” and “Cars.” Also new is “The ACE Guide to Pandora: Valley of Mo’ara Edition” at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, where you can join Alpha Centauri Expeditions (ACE) on an adventurous journey as you explore the colors, cultures and creatures of Pandora. Scan your surroundings for exotic lifeforms, create indigenous music and experience other interactive gameplay alongside your friends and family while learning all about this alien moon through interesting facts, trivia and activities.
- Disney has officially announced its new Disney Vacation Club property to be built on Bay Lake between Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness Resort. The deluxe resort, will be themed to complement its natural surroundings and will include more than 900 hotel rooms and proposed Disney Vacation Club villas spread across a variety of unique accommodation types. The soon-to-be named resort is slated to be Disney’s 16th Disney Vacation Club property.
- Walt Disney World tickets have increased, as well as a new system for purchasing tickets. To take a look at what to expect, visit our ticket page.
- Walt Disney World has increased parking fees at its theme parks:
- Preferred parking: car or motorcycle – $50 per day
- Standard parking: car or motorcycle – $25 per day
- Oversized Vehicle Parking: Shuttle, Limo, Camper Trailer, RV, Bus or Tractor Trailer – $30 per day