This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- Earlier this year, it was announced that several locations in Epcot’s Future World would be closed to make way for future projects. While many locations closed a few months ago, other locations will be impacted in January 2020. Take a look at what will be changing here.
- Guests planning on visiting the Magic Kingdom next year should keep in mind that the Swiss Family Treehouse is currently scheduled to be closed for refurbishment from April 27 to May 3. The attraction is expected to reopen to Guests on May 4.
- Also, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is currently scheduled to be closed for refurbishment from May 4 to May 21. The attraction is expected to reopen to Guests on May 22.
- M&M’S Orlando will be coming to Disney Springs. The new state-of-the-art store at Disney Springs will be one of five M&M’S experiential stores owned and operated by Mars Retail Group. Construction is expected to begin immediately with an anticipated 2020 grand opening date. More details can be found here.
- New Year’s Eve celebrations have been announced for the Walt Disney World themed parks. Take a look here.
- Beaches & Cream has reopened to Guests at Disney’s Beach Club Resort. The locale’s fresh new look embraces the timeless charm of an old-fashioned soda fountain. The newly-reimagined restaurant returned with fan-favorite flavored sodas, malted milkshakes, and hot-off-the-grill diner dishes, along with more space for guests.
- From January 5 through February 29, 2020, the “Mermaid School” will be unavailable at the Walt Disney World Resort due to anticipated cooler temperatures. Mermaid School will return in early spring 2020 at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, and Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts.
Ready to get more information or to book your Universal Orlando vacation? Learn More