A few months ago, we let you know that there would be a number of changes coming to Epcot as the park underwent its massive transformation. These changes included a number of restaurants, shops, meet and greets, and more that would be closing and while a number of these locations have already closed, in January 2020, the remainder of these locations will be closing officially. Here’s what closing in the park and when:
- Mouse Gear: This shop will have its final day of operation on January 4. It will reopen in a temporary location in Innoventions East on January 5.
- Meet Mickey Mouse: Mickey will be moving to a new location in the queue area of Disney-Pixar Short Film Festival in the Imagination pavilion on January 5 .
- Meet Minnie Mouse: Minnie will be found meeting Guests in the World Showcase Gazebo.
- Meet Goofy: Goofy will meet Guests in the main entrance near Spaceship Earth
- Meet Daisy: Daisy will relocate from the World Showcase Gazebo to Future World East
Meet Joy from Inside Out: Joy will move to the Imagination Pavilion in the ImageWorks area. Sadness will no longer greet Guests.
- Meet Baymax: Baymax will no longer meet Guests.
- A new walkway will open in January 2020 connecting the west side of the main entryway to near The Seas with Nemo & Friends. Also another new walkway will connect the east side of the main entrance to Future World East, near Mission: SPACE.
- Starbucks: The new Traveler’s Cafe temporary Starbucks location has opened near the Refreshment Port
- The Art of Disney: This shop has reopened in the American Adventure Pavilion
Stay tuned as we’ll share more details about what Guests can expect with the new refurbishment work happening at Epcot.
The Mouse For Less recommends the Walt Disney World vacation planning services provided by our sponsor, The Magic For Less Travel. The Magic For Less Travel is an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner and provides service free of charge.
For vacation planning information, please visit our Walt Disney World planning section.