This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- There’s been another change in regards to face mask requirements at the Walt Disney World Resort. Guests will no longer be required to wear face coverings onboard the Disney Skyliner, if they are vaccinated. In addition, face coverings are also now optional for fully vaccinated Guests of the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser who are on the transport while traveling to and from the Halcyon starcruiser and Batuu. Do keep in mind that at this time, face masks will remain required by all Guests (ages 2 and up) on monorails and Disney buses. In addition, Guests who are not fully vaccinated are expected to continue to wear face masks in all indoor locations. More details about the current Walt Disney World face mask policy can be found here.
- Connections Café, the new quick-service location that will open in the space formerly occupied by the Electric Umbrella restaurant, will become the new home of Starbucks at EPCOT this spring. To make way for Starbucks to move to its new location, the current location, Traveler’s Café, which is located next to the Canada pavilion in World Showcase, will close this spring.
- Starting March 29, Backlot Express at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will begin serving new food & beverage offerings. The menu at this Walt Disney World quick-service location will serve delicious dishes including a Cuban Sandwich, Smoked BBQ Pulled Pork Burger, Teriyaki Tofu Bowl, and Chicken Southwest Salad.
- The Tumble Monkeys are returning to Festival of the Lion King at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Disney didn’t share a specific return date, but did say the act would return this summer. The Tumble Monkeys are a team of acrobats that perform in the popular show.
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn is set to see some huge changes over the next few years! There will be a charming new lobby design, as well as a nearby coffee bar, delectable new dining options, refreshed guest rooms and more. The biggest change will be a new table service restaurant and bakery called The Cake Bake Shop by Gwendolyn Rogers. This new eatery is expected to open in 2023 and will offer both savory and dessert menus. There will also be changes to the BoardWalk Bakery which will become a new sandwich shop. Other updates around Disney’s BoardWalk Inn will include light and airy touches in the lobby, lounge and guest rooms and a new coffee bar with artisanal beverages and quick bites will be available. More details about these updates can be found here.
- Disney’s Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show has permanently closed its doors at the Walt Disney World Resort to make way for a new DVC tower that will soon be built as part of an expansion of Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort has debuted the new Grand Cottage Easter treat shop alongside its annual Easter egg display. The Grand Cottage sells a range of Easter treats, including eggs, fudge, cakes, chocolate bunny, and hot cross buns. The Grand Cottage is open daily from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. through April 18.
- Swirls on the Water recently opened at Disney Springs and offers a variety of new menu items featuring Dole Whip. Options will include the Dole Whip Habanero Lime Nachos (Waffle Cone Chips topped with DOLE Whip Lime and Habanero soft serve, Mango Boba Pearls, Spice, Raspberry Sauce, and Whipped Cream); a Dole Whip Flight, featuring 3 of the Dole Whip flavors; and the Sangria Float, which consists of Dole Whip Pineapple served over a Red Wine Sangria. Swirls on the Water is located at the Marketplace, at the kiosk previously occupied by AristoCrepes.