This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- The 21st annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival begins Thursday, August 31 and with it, one of the new offerings will be found in the Odyssey pavilion, which will become the Epcot Legacy Showplace. The showplace will feature displays of Epcot’s rich history and a selection of throwback treats. The Legacy Showplace will be open until the end of the festival.
- Disney has announced additional celebrities for the 2017 Candlelight Processional at Epcot. Appearing for the first time are Matt Bomer and Warwick Davis. Returning this year are Chandra Wilson and Whoopi Goldberg.
- Cinderella’s Royal Table at the Magic Kingdom will be closed for refurbishment from February 28 through March 2, 2018.
- Guest lockers have been upgraded at all Walt Disney World theme parks. The process for renting a locker has now changed, as each locker location is now equipped with a self-service kiosk. Guests paying with cash or credit card may now proceed directly to the kiosk to rent a locker. Guests paying with a MagicBand or gift card should see a Cast Member at the nearest merchandise location where the Cast Member will provide the Guest with a code to access one of the lockers. Lockers are available in Standard (12.5” X 10” X 17”) size for $7.00 and Large (15.5” X 13” X 17”) size $10 per day. Additionally, the Epcot main entrance and Magic Kingdom locations offer a Jumbo (17” x 22” x 26”) size locker for $15 per day. Guests are no longer required to pay a deposit when renting a locker.
- On September 1, Force Friday II will give Guests the opportunity to be among the first to purchase new Star Wars and Star Wars: The Last Jedi themed merchandise at World of Disney. Guests can register for this free event beginning on August 31 beginning at 6:00 p.m. near the World of Disney entrance closest to Basin. After registering, Guests will receive a numbered wristband on a first-come, first served basis and will be invited to return to World of Disney by 11:30 p.m. to line up. Doors will open at 12:01 a.m. on September 1. Guests planning on attending the event should park in the Lime Parking Garage at Disney Springs.
- Disney has just released a new version of My Disney Experience bringing very useful features to app. First, for Annual Passholders, it is now possible to renew a pass directly from the My Disney Experience app. For Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests, you can now view room charges, as well as see how many Disney Dining Plan entitlements you have left. The updates for iOS and Android are available in the App Store and Google Play.