This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- Guests visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios are now able to meet Star-Lord and Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 2. They are available inside Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream through the holiday season.
- Beginning Wednesday, May 10, Tarzan will be able to be found behind the Tree of Life at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Due to upgrades with the Walt Disney World monorail, the routes on the Resort and Express Monorail Beams will see modified schedules. On May 16-17, May 23-24, and May 30, from 11:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. the Resort Monorail loop will only travel between Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort, and the Magic Kingdom. Resort Guests traveling to Epcot will have two options: they can either board a train to the Transportation and Ticket Center and transfer to the Epcot line or they can take a Disney bus directly from their resorts. During this time, the Express Monorail beam will make an additional stop at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, as it travels between the Transportation and Ticket Center and the Magic Kingdom.
- Due to scheduled maintenance, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon will be closed on May 15 and 16, reopening to all Guests on May 17. Guests looking to visit a water park should visit Disney’s Blizzard Beach instead.
- Brand-new showers are available for Guests with late travel plans who would like to freshen up after checking out of Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club resorts near Beaches & Cream Soda Shop and the Lafferty Place Arcade. The new shower facilities will be available during pool hours only.