This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- Disney After Hours event dates have been announced for the months of May and June. Disney After Hours offers Guests the opportunity to experience a Disney theme parks for three hours after the park closes. Find out more here.
- New policies have gone into place at the Walt Disney World Resort. Loose and dry ice are no longer permitted. Then, on May 1, Disney will adjust the guidelines on stroller sizes, which will require them to be no larger than 31″ (79 cm) wide and 52″ (132 cm) long. Also, beginning May 1, stroller wagons will also no longer be permitted. Finally, beginning May 1, smoking areas will no longer be present inside Walt Disney World theme parks, Disney’s water parks, and the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. Find out more here.
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy has now opened at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This all-new show experience invites guests to step into the world of the Cars films as Guests are invited to become rookie racers and learn the rules of the road from Piston Cup Champion Lightning McQueen himself! During this 10-minute show, Lightning McQueen appears live on stage to share his racing knowledge with Guests.
- Starting this summer, ABC Commissary at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be changing its Fast Casual dinner experience to allowing to accept dining reservations. Each night beginning at 4:00 p.m., Guests with reservations will be able to place an order, take a pager and find a seat. Then, when the order is ready, the food will be brought to their table. Walk-ups will still be available, though wait times may be longer. Mobile Order will no longer be available for dinner. Lunch service will still remain as a counter service location with walk-up dining only. Reservations are available now for dinner beginning Sunday June 2.
- The newest addition to the West Side food trucks is bringing bring over-the-top macaroni and cheese meals to Disney Springs. The menu includes bacon cheeseburger mac-n-cheese, chicken parmesan mac-n-cheese, lobster shrimp mac-n-cheese, and more. The truck will be located in Exposition Park and will operate Monday – Thursday from 5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m., Friday from 3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. and Saturday – Sunday from 12:00 p.m. -11:00 p.m.
- NBA Experience, the brand-new destination coming to Disney Springs officially opens August 12. The NBA Experience will give Guests the chance to feel like a basketball superstar. The NBA Experience is a collaboration with the NBA, that will be packed with 13 interactive elements and hands-on activities across 44,000 square feet and two floors. Find out more here.
- Wine Bar George at Disney Springs has now introduced brunch starting March 30. Brunch will be available on Saturday and Sunday only from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Dishes include French Toast, Steak & Eggs Frites, Burrata, Sausage Gravy & Biscuits, Eggs Benedict and a Wine country Omelet. Specially created brunch beverages include a Dole Whip Mimosa and a frozen Dole Whip Froscato.