This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- BaseLine Tap House opened at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in the new Grand Avenue section of the park. The lounge is inspired by present-day Downtown Los Angeles and is a a corner bar specializing in beer and wine from California. The BaseLine Tap House menu highlights California craft beers, wines, house-made beverages, and several small bites including the California Cheese and Charcuterie Plate and the Bavarian Pretzel with beer-cheese Fondue and Spicy Mustard. Grand Avenue is home to several familiar favorites including Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano, Muppet*Vision 3D, and more.
- The Mobile Ordering Service will be expanding its availability to Casey’s Corner located on Main Street, U.S.A. at the Magic Kingdom beginning October 3.
- Disney has introduced a brand new exhibit for the Mexico Pavilion at Epcot called ‘Remember Me!’ La Celebración del Día de Muertos. The exhibit features artwork of prominent Mexican and Mexican-American artists that explores the traditions of Día de Muertos. The Remember Me! La Celebración del Día de Muertos exhibit features beautiful artwork including papel picado, sugar skulls and paper sculptures, as well as pre-hispanic items that are on loan from various museums. There is no end date for the ‘Remember Me!’ La Celebración del Día de Muertos exhibit.
- D-Living located in the Town Center neighborhood of Disney Springs will temporarily close at the end of the day on Sunday, October 8 in order to update its theme. The location is expected to reopen in November and will feature apparel and accessories.
- According to the Walt Disney World Annual Passholder website, the current discount that was rolled out in celebration of the 45th anniversary of the Walt Disney World Resort has been extended through December 23, 2017. Guests with Annual Passes will continue to receive the 20% discount at 45 select Walt Disney World restaurants.
- Guests are invited to celebrate New Year’s Eve with a special themed meal at Mickey’s Backyard BBQ at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. The New Year’s Eve BBQ will include great entertainment offerings, as well as a delicious meal. Guests who attend the event will be able to enjoy spirited bluegrass music and there will also be a DJ on hand, there will be a live video feed of the ball drop at Times Square, and there will be characters, such as Mickey, Minnie, and Chip ‘n Dale. The evening will be capped off with champagne as you enjoy a breathtaking fireworks display from the Magic Kingdom. The New Year’s Eve BBQ will begin at 8:30 p.m. at the Fort Wilderness Pavilion and costs $95 per adult and $75 per child (ages 3-9).
- Many exciting changes are in development at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort. Currently from October 2 to November 1 Yachtsman Steakhouse will offer casual dining for breakfast and lunch. In addition a larger selection of hot menu items will be available for dinner at The Market at Ale & Compass.