This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- Splash Mountain at the Magic Kingdom will be closed for refurbishment from January 6 to February 27. The attraction is currently scheduled to reopen on February 28.
- Special treats have been added to the menu at Disney Villains After Hours. Take a look at what you can pick up here.
- Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue, the new quick service location for The American Adventure pavilion in Epcot will feature The Muppets Sam Eagle! The location will be the site for “Sam’s Centennial Cook-Off: A Salute to All Cook-Offs but Mostly Barbecue.” This “contest” brings in a variety of classic backyard barbecue selections from across the country to vie for Sam Eagle’s top honor. Sam will be part of the décor at this new restaurant. For instance, you’ll see him on the sign as you walk in as well as inside, on a poster highlighting the barbecue competition. He will also be incorporated into new Regal Eagle Smokehouse merchandise.
- Guests staying at Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Riviera Resort, and Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be encouraged to take the Disney Skyliner to reach Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios, as buses are only going to be running every hour. Buses will be available more frequently whenever the Disney Skyliner system goes down for an extended period of time.
- At Disney’s Pop Century Resort, the Hippy Dippy Pool and the adjacent kiddie pool will be closed for refurbishment from January 13 to March 31. The resort’s other two pools, the Bowling pool and Computer pool, will remain open for Guests to enjoy.
- The Epcot’s monorail beam at the Walt Disney World Resort will be undergoing construction on select dates starting from January 13. This construction will delay the opening of the Epcot monorail to 10:00 a.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays until further notice.