This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- The Magic Kingdom will debut “Disney Enchantment” on October 1. Disney Enchantment will take Guests on a journey filled with adventure, wonder and empowerment with a goal of inspiring everyone to believe in magic. Disney Enchantment will feature music, enhanced lighting, stunning fireworks and, for the first time, projection effects that will actually extend from Cinderella Castle down Main Street, U.S.A.! Find out more here.
- Harmonious will also debut on October 1, at EPCOT. Harmonious will be one of the largest nighttime spectaculars ever created for a Disney park and will take place in the World Showcase Lagoon. It is a celebration of Disney music that inspires people worldwide and the stories and songs that unite us. The show will utilize new technical advancements that incorporates pyrotechnics, choreographed moving fountains, lighting and media in new ways. Harmonious will also include new interpretations of classic Disney songs. These will be performed in ways you’ve never heard before, reimagined in more than a dozen languages by a diverse group of 240 artists from around the world. Find out more here.
- A new daytime show is coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom. “Disney KiteTails,” will take place several times daily at the Discovery River Amphitheater beginning October 1. Performers will fly windcatchers and kites of all shapes and sizes. These elaborate three-dimensional kites, some stretching to 30 feet long, will depict Disney animal friends, including Simba, Zazu, Baloo and King Louie and will perform to favorite Disney songs. Find out more here.
- Some SUPER changes are coming to Disney’s Contemporary Resort! This resort will be seeing an update to Incredibles themed Guest rooms! When these rooms officially debut later this year, Guests will be able to enjoy a room that blends a sleek Monorail motif with favorite characters from the Incredibles films. Favorite characters like Jack-Jack, Frozone and Edna Mode will be found in ways that are interspersed with a vintage feel. Overall, Guests will find clean lines and fun retro designs. More details can be found here.
- If you’re visiting the Walt Disney World Resort beginning July 1 through the end of the year and you are using Disney’s Magical Express, be aware that beginning July 1, if you are using this service to get from the airport to your resort hotel, you will no longer receive mailed reservation confirmation information. To access Disney’s Magical Express, you’ll need to either use a MagicBand or MagicMobile to check in. More detail can be found here.
- There’s another great sweet place coming to Disney Springs! Salt & Straw is officially coming to the Walt Disney World Resort. The ice cream shop offers up traditional flavors like Chocolate Gooey Brownie and Double Fold Vanilla. However, they also offer up some incredibly unique flavors, like Strawberry Honey Balsamic w/Black Pepper. Expect to enjoy delicious ice cream sometime next year. More details can be found here.