This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- This week is the Fourth of July and to celebrate the Walt Disney World Resort will be celebrating. Find out what you can experience here. You can also see what unique Disney PhotoPass opportunities there will be for Guests at the Magic Kingdom here.
- Aunt Polly’s, located on Tom Sawyer Island at the Magic Kingdom will be open through July 7 from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Primeval Whirl, located in DinoLand U.S.A. at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is currently closed until further notice due to technical issues. The attraction will be closed through at least July 13, but that closure may be extended. Guests have a FastPass+ reservation for the attraction during these dates will be contacted via email to allow them to select a different experience.
- A new counter service barbecue restaurant featuring craft beers on tap will debut at The American Adventure pavilion in Epcot later this year. Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue will take the place of Liberty Inn. Liberty Inn will close July 8. The new location will be a modern barbecue smokehouse. There will even be a large smoker preparing food every day right on the pavilion’s promenade and a redesigned patio. More details can be found here.
- O Canada at Epcot’s Canada Pavilion will close on August 1, as the attraction prepares for upgrades.
- New details have been announced for the 2019 Epcot Food and Wine Festival. New for this year include two new marketplace booths, the Tailgate Tasting celebrating ESPN’s Monday Night Football, and new performers for the Eat to the Beat Concert Series. Find out what you can expect here.
- The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will open officially on August 6. Guests are now able to book appointments. More details can be found here.
- From January 5 through February 29, Mermaid School will be unavailable. At the Mermaid School, Guests ages 4 and older can enjoy an hour-long class where they’ll be fitted with a swimmable “tail” and led through activities teaching them how to swim in a pool like a mermaid. Classes are $50 per person (plus tax). Mermaid School will return in early spring 2020. Reservations can be made by calling 407-WDW-PLAY.
- Beaches & Cream at Disney’s Beach Club Resort will be undergoing a large renovation starting this summer. As part of this, the table service restaurant and to-go counter is scheduled to close for refurbishment beginning in LATE August through this winter. Beaches & Cream Soda Shop is expected to reopen this winter. Originally, the refurbishment work was supposed to take place beginning August 6, but now the refurbishment will begin on August 25. More details can be found here.