This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
- The new “Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire” show is coming to the Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage at the Magic Kingdom on June 17. “Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire” brings to life beloved Disney stories in a spectacular performance featuring an original song, memorable music, lively dancing, delightful costumes, and special effects.
- The Liberty Square Riverboat at the Magic Kingdom is closing for routine maintenance from August 1-7. Also, The Swiss Family Treehouse is scheduled to close for refurbishment from July 6 through to September 24.
- The Frozen Ever After attraction and the Royal Sommerhaus meet and greet location will be opening in the Norway Pavilion at Epcot on June 21. Frozen Ever After will offer Guests the opportunity to take a boat tour through the kingdom of Arendelle and will include new special effects, Audio-Animatronic figures, new sets, and more. The Royal Sommerhaus is Anna and Elsa’s summer home, and it will allow Guests to meet the royal sisters. The Norway Pavilion will open daily at 9:00 a.m., along with the Future World area of Epcot.
- Epcot Guests will be given a chance to enjoy farewell flights on classic Soarin’ at The Land pavilion in Future World starting May 27 through June 16. Soarin’ Around the World will debut on June 17.
- The new “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular” will begin nightly performances on June 17 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This new nighttime show, which will be the most elaborate fireworks display in this park’s history, will combine fireworks, pyrotechnics, special effects, and video projections. This show will also feature a tower of fire and spotlight beams, creating a massive lightsaber in the sky.
- One Man’s Dream at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be closed for refurbishment July 16-19. Also, MuppetVision 3D is scheduled to be closed for refurbishment August 15-22.
Disney confirmed that The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic live show will officially debut at Disney’s Animal Kingdom on Saturday, May 28. The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic will be a 20-minute long show that will feature memorable moments from the film and will be filled with music and special effects that celebrate the movie and classic songs, infused with an Indian influence. Showtimes are at 9:00 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. FastPass+ and dining packages for either Tusker House or Tiffins are now available. For more information about all that’s taking place at Walt Disney World this summer, check here.
- The gorilla habitat known as Pangani Forest Exploration Trail will be renamed to Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail (which was the original name of the trail when it opened back in 1998) beginning Memorial Day weekend. This is just a change in name only, and Guests can still expect to see some of their favorite animal species including hippos, meercats, zebras, and more.
- Dinosaur is scheduled to be closed for refurbishment from July 25 through September 29.
- The Flying Fish at Disney’s Boardwalk will reopen late summer and diners will be welcomed to an upscale interior that pays homage to the golden era of seaside boardwalks. The interior features an all-new kitchen and dining room (with expanded space for private dining events) and sparkling architectural accents. Next door, the new AbracadaBar lounge opens in the former location of Seashore Sweets. The new cocktail lounge combines the Golden Age of Magic with the magic of Disney storytelling, so be prepared for an experience likely akin to Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto or Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar.
- The Trophy Room store will officially open to Disney Springs Guests today.
Beginning with the class of 2017, Disney Grad Nite H2O will debut at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park on select Friday nights in April. The event will be themed as a beach party and will feature Disney characters, music, DJ entertainment, and dance parties, along with the water park’s attractions. The special ticketed event will be offered for $55 plus tax. Interested schools will be able to register online by visiting Disneygradnite.com to reserve space.
- The original Disney Vacation Club property at Wilderness Lodge, the Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, will be renamed Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. The new DVC resort will be called Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
- In order to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Disney Vacation Club, Disney is creating a brand new, exclusive Member Lounge at Epcot, which is slated to open on the second floor of the Imagination Pavilion on June 6. The lounge will welcome DVC Members, as well as their guests daily.