This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- Guests visiting Pandora – The World of Avatar will soon be able to interact with a new entertainment offering. Starting April 22, Guests at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be able to encounter a pilot wearing a Pandora Conservation Initiative Utility Suit. This individual will be walking amid the moon’s floating mountains, waterfalls, and native flora to study the wildlife, collect plant samples, and survey Pandora’s terrain, as well as interact with Guests.
- Guests who have the My Disney Experience app open at select locations around Epcot will now be able to receive a recruiting message asking if they want to participate in the Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure around World Showcase at Epcot. If you press that you would like to start the mission, you can participate in this fun interactive experience. Guests will receive the message at the following locations:
- Future World bridge
- International Gateway
- Mexico bridge
- The store, Sweet Spells found on Sunset Boulevard, will undergo a major refurbishment beginning April 16 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. During this time, the nearby Reel Vogue will remain open. Guests on Sunset Boulevard looking for snacks should visit Once Upon A Time. When the location reopens, it will be known as Beverly Sunset and will feature an expansion of current Pixar merchandise as well as pre-packaged treats. This location will be the exclusive location for Toy Story Land merchandise. Favorite snacks from Sweet Spells, will continue to be offered across Disney’s Hollywood Studios at various merchandise shops and quick service locations.
- The Walt Disney World Resort is always looking for ways to wow Guests with new technology that enhances their experience. A new feature in the My Disney Experience app will soon allow Guests to quickly unlock their hotel room using a digital key that will be found on their mobile devices. It will provide Guests with another seamless room entry option. Guests can also use their digital key to unlock the hotel entrance gate and common area doors requiring a key, which may include pools, fitness centers, elevators and club level lounges. MagicBands will still work for Guests and will still open doors. Guests may use either or both options to enter their room during their stay. To use the digital key, Guests can opt in and activate the feature on their check-in day through a brief set up process in the app. To enter their room, guests tap the “Unlock Door” button and then simply hold their phone against the door lock. Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices with the latest version of the My Disney Experience app are required to take advantage of a digital key for room entry.
- The Ferrytale Fireworks: A Sparkling Dessert Cruise has been upgraded! It now features new décor aboard the ferryboat, including an ultraviolet scavenger hunt for younger Guests and a strolling magician who will welcome Guests onto the ferryboat. The menu also features a new selection of specialty desserts such as cheesecake bites, cherry pie tarts and a warm s’more brownie skillet. Firecracker Fizz and the Grand Finale are two highlighted beverages aboard the ferryboat, joining the wide selection of beers, wines and soft drinks already available. Reservations for this 90-minute eperience can be made online or by calling 407-WDW-DINE. The cost is $99 per adult (ages 10 and up), and $69 ages 3-9, per person, including tax and gratuity. A 10% discount is available for DVC Members and Annual Passholders.
- Increasing in price beginning May 28, The Happily Ever After Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace, which includes seating on the terrace will increase to $84 for adults (ages 10 and up) and to $50 for ages 3-9. The Happily Ever After Fireworks Dessert party with the Plaza gardens viewing, will increase to $69 for adults (ages 10 and up) and to $41 for children (ages 3-9).