Walt Disney World News
- Stitch’s Great Escape at the Magic Kingdom will close on August 20 as it returns to seasonal operation.
- Starting August 20, the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade will take place at 2:00 p.m. daily at the Magic Kingdom.
- One Man’s Dream at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be changing names to Walt Disney Presents. The attraction will still exhibit historic items from Walt Disney’s history, such as sketches, photos, and more. The attraction will also continue to host greetings with characters like Star-Lord and baby Groot, plus special sneak previews of upcoming Disney films. There will also be a preview center here, with scale models, concept art, and ride vehicle maquettes of both Toy Story Land and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge beginning mid-September.
- Starting October 1, the Star Wars Guided Tour at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will shift to take place in the morning and early afternoon. Guests will still be able to enjoy a reserved viewing area for Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular at the night’s end if they desire; however, the dessert party will no longer be included in the tour. With this change, the price will be adjusted to $99 per person (tax included) down from the current price of $129 per person (tax and gratuity included).
- Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! is returning for the holiday season at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. In addition, reservations are now open for the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Holiday Dessert Party. Find our more information here.
- Three Disney Springs locations have brand-new menu offerings! Guests can now enjoy specially-priced food and beverage pairings from B.B Wolf’s Sausage Co., The Daily Poutine, and AristoCrepes:
- An entrée & alcoholic beverage at any of the three locations: $13.99
- An entrée & non-alcoholic beverage from BB Wolf’s Sausage Co. or The Daily Poutine: $11.99
- An entrée & non-alcoholic beverage from AristoCrepes: $9.99
- August 19 marks World Photo Day and the Walt Disney World Resort will celebrate the occasion with Disney PhotoPass Day! During this event, Disney PhotoPass Service will offer a number of exclusive photo opportunities. Check out all of the special opportunities that are planned in each of the four theme parks and Disney Springs:
- Magic KingdomCharacter Experiences:-Dopey joins Snow White at Town Square Courtyard
-Captain Hook joins Peter Pan in Fantasyland
-Dream Big Princess photo backdrop in Fantasyland (daylight hours only)
-Cinderella’s Coach in Fantasyland
-“Tangled” light painting photo opportunity near Ariel’s Grotto (available after dark)
-Mickey Mouse Magic Shot on the bridge near Fairytale Garden
-Main Street Vehicle near the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor (available in the morning and early afternoon)
-Genie will join Princess Jasmine in the Morocco Pavilion
-Mushu will join Mulan in the China Pavilion
-Dream Big Princess photo backdrop near Epcot Character Spot (daylight hours only)
-Baymax Animated Magic Shot with the PhotoPass photographer located near Mouse Gear and the Fountain of Nations
-Fisheye lens near the fountain close to the entrance to Spaceship Earth
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
-The Queen from “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” Maleficent, and Cruella de Vil will meet with guests at Sunset Showcase from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
-Dream Big Princess photo backdrop outside the Theater of the Stars (daylight hours only);
-Poison Apple Magic Shot on Sunset Boulevard;
-Fisheye lens in the Chinese Theatre Courtyard area.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
-Meeko joins Pocahontas at Character Landing on Discovery Island
-Timon joins Rafiki at Rafiki’s Planet Watch
-Princess Atta joins Flik at Discovery Island near Creature Comforts
-Dream Big Princess photo backdrop before the park entrance (daylight hours only)
-Jungle Book Magic Shot near Yak & Yeti Restaurant
-Visit the PhotoPass photographer in DinoLand U.S.A. from 9:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. to have magical Mickey light effects added to your photo
-Dream Big Princess photo backdrop next to the Marketplace Stage
-Fairy Wings Magic Shot from the PhotoPass photographer roaming around the Marketplace near Tren-D (available from 1:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.)