This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- The opening date for the Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance attraction for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is December 5. More details can be found here.
- The newest restaurant for Epcot is now open called Takumi-Tei, which can be found at the Japan Pavilion. The signature restaurant provides an upscale dining experience with exceptional and specialized service. Guests looking to dine here can choose from either a chef’s table experience or a prix fixe multi-course tasting menu. Highlights here include wagyu beef, sushi, sashimi, unique desserts, cocktails, premium sake and more. Details can be found here.
- Primeval Whirl at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is currently closed due to technical issues that are forcing the attraction to be unavailable for an extended period of time. The attraction will be closed through July 20. It’s still unclear when the ride will actually reopen to Guests.
- The Guest Experience Team has been introduced at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. The Guest Experience Team can assist Guests make the most of their day by proactively assisting them while the park with booking, modifying and recovering FastPass+ selections; navigating the My Disney Experience app; deactivating and reactivating MagicBands; and provide recommendations, helping Guests with attraction wait times, and giving tips on how to best navigate the park.
- Now open on the West Side of Disney Springs, the NBA Store offers an exclusive assortment of Disney and NBA-branded apparel, headwear, accessories, and basketballs. Guests can also purchase tickets to the NBA Experience at the NBA Store.
- Soon, Guests will be able to ride on a bus with their favorite Disney characters on the side. Debuting this month will be an updated bus fleet that feature the Sensational Six – Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Pluto will be featured prominently on the Walt Disney World bus transportation. Moving inside, the interiors will see updates with new blue seats, laminate flooring, and even USB charging ports conveniently located between seats. Additional details can be found here.
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park will be closed for its annual refurbishment beginning on September 8 and will reopen in early 2020.