This post may contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link we may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! Read our full disclosure policy here.
Walt Disney World News
- Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will officially open on June 30. Guests visiting this all-new, 11-acre land will feel like they have shrunk to the size of a toy as Woody, Jessie, Buzz, Slinky Dog in the larger-than-life outdoor setting of Andy’s backyard.
- Tickets are now on sale for Star Wars: Galactic Nights. The one-night event celebrates the entire Star Wars saga with exclusive entertainment, encounters with rarely seen Star Wars characters, a panel discussion on Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, special photo opportunities, event-exclusive merchandise, specialty food & beverage and much more.
- It was announced that Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway will open in 2019 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This new attraction will feature a new catchy theme song as well as a new experience that defies logic that Disney is calling 2 ½-D – No glasses required. On the attraction, Guests see the premiere of a new cartoon short with Mickey and Minnie getting ready for a picnic. As they head out, they drive alongside a train and find out that the engineer is Goofy. Then Guests will be able to step into the movie and on Goofy’s train for a wacky, wild ride. Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway features the current Mickey Mouse short animation style.
- It was announced that Epcot’s highly-anticipated “Guardians of the Galaxy” one-of-a-kind family attraction will be one of the world’s longest enclosed roller coasters.
- The LittleMissMatched shop in the Marketplace area of Disney Springs will be closing on February 25.
- The Disney Corner, the newest store at Disney Springs opened. This delightful shop for women and girls, this new retail venue is open for a limited time.
- It was announced that the new Star Wars-inspired resort that will be “seamlessly connected” to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This first-of-its-kind resort will combine luxury with complete immersion into an authentic Star Wars story.